PDA

View Full Version : Help Please..

brewmaster15
10-26-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi all,
Well I have decided to finally finish my website...Ctdiscus.com Its something I have tried to do for years but always wind up getting side tracked with things...often Simplydiscus.com things!:)

So here I am working on my website which will be largely informational and pics, but will also have some retail built into it....I'll list what ever fish I have for sale, beefheart, and merchandise...nothing major...but its where I could use some help.

I'd like to build a testimonial page into this site so if you've been a customer of mine and would like to describe the experience..I'd really appreciate it.... I'll post your name and location on my website along with your quote.

You can post your testimonial here or send it to me by Pm if you are more comfortable with that.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-al

White Worm
10-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Thats funny, I was just looking at that webpage last night. I was wondering when coming soon would be. :D

brewmaster15
10-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Lol Mike..... I know... I've been saying this for years...:) If I had a dollar for everyone thats emailed me or Pm'd me asking about the websites status over the years.. I'd be in pretty sweet shape financially!:D

but if all goes well...It'll be up in a few days at least in some form!

-al

Ed13
10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, Al if you go back to importing wild discus maybe you'd be getting a dollar or two with every e-mail, lol:D
Ok, I know how much work, risk an so little return this means so its only wishful thinking (SIGH)

tacks
10-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Al do you want the bad quotes also? Only kidding Ed

kirkp
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
All I can say is HOORAY! I've been drooling over that site for a long time now. If the content is anything like the front page it will be fantastic. Actually, if this site is any indication of what to expect with that site, it will be fantastic.

Kirk

brewmaster15
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
All I can say is HOORAY! I've been drooling over that site for a long time now. If the content is anything like the front page it will be fantastic. Actually, if this site is any indication of what to expect with that site, it will be fantastic.

Kirk
oh Boy!! Can you set the bar any higher?:D

I'd hate to disappoint when it goes public so I'll break it to you gently;)...My hopes for Ctdiscus.com is to make it functional and finally get it on line...anything beyond that would be great but realistically speaking...unlikely!:)

thanks though!

-al

Enigma
10-27-2008, 11:21 AM
I too have been waiting for this site to happen. It caught my attention. :)

Ardan
10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Here is my 2 cents:D

"I have placed orders with Al several times including orders for beefheart, angelfish, domestic discus, wild discus, plecos and rams. I have been exceptionally pleased every time! The fish were always very healthy, packed well, and shipped on time. The beefheart is a great value considering the content and the way it is ground. The particle size is just the right size for the fish to eat, but not too small to cloud the water. Al has a couple different versions of beefheart. My favorite has become the “breeding type” which includes additives such as shrimp, scallops, krill, and plankton.
Al is a first class person to do business with and a great friend. I truly cannot say enough good things about Al."

Ardan

Al, You may use this as you wish.:):):)

brewmaster15
10-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks Ardan!!:):)

-al

GrillMaster
10-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Ok then...I will post my .02 as well...

"All of the fish I currently own have come from Al. They have always been top notch stock. I have raised numerous fish I aquired from Al and all have reached thier full potential and some have eventually become breeding stock. He gladly answered any questions that arose from the time I recieved them till the time some of them ultimately found a new home. He is the most dedicated person I have met in regards to raising Discus and the well being of his fish. Recently I had moved to a new house and had room for more tanks. Al took it upon himself to give me 2 breeding pair and 8 Blue Diamond juvies as a house warming gift! Thats how dedicated to the expansion of this great hobby Al is! I will without a dought purchase more fish from Al in the future as I aquire more tanks!
The beefheart he makes I can only explain as "exceptional" since I know he uses only the finest ingredients. I have watched him make it! Usually if you buy fish from Al, there are always fringe benifits that go along with it such as a lb of his beefheart at no extra charge and the reassurance that no matter what problems may arrise with your fish, Al will be there to help straighten it out."

tc my friend!

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Thanks Mark,
Its a Great feeling when you know that you've got a satisfied customer and a friend at the same time!

-al

MSD
10-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I've tried several beefheart mixes from other vendors and when I found out Al sells it I ordered 10lbs. This is the first beefheart mix my fish attack, and finish completely. The video of Al's fish eating like piranas is exactly how my fish react to it. Plus since we know its Al, with his long and consistent history, you know he'll take good care of whatever he ships you. Miy beefheart mix was actually frozen solid like is should be, rather then a mushy defrosted mess like others send. I wish Al had some nice neon turqs for sale, I'd buy some in a heartbeat. :)

brewmaster15
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks Mark!!:)

-al

ps...working on those turqs....:)

dpt8
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Al, You have to quit posting pics that that !! You know it drivesme CRAZY !! I'll be going out of my mind if you post discus for sale on your websight !!

I have been very fortunate to have Al and Kenny as mentors. As I have told Al, I have been fortunate that he has "shared" some discus with me that I could have only dreamed about owning. I have some discus, huge and colorful, great health that I have been wishing to have for years and now am fortunate to own thanks to Al. His hatchery is immaculate and he maintains the best discus, shape wise and health wise you could hope for. He also is SO knowledgable of wild discus, the varieties and the breeding behind the varieties to maintain them. His breeding and development of those fine albino and regular colored alenquers is only a smiggin of his great projects.

Thanks Al and keep them all going..

Kenny's Discus
10-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Here's what I sent to Al earlier, my honest opinion through my dealings with him:

"I've dealt with Al many times over the last few years and I have never dealt with anyone in the discus community who is more ethical, sincere, knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to anything regarding discus. Al has been a mentor of mine and I'm so grateful to have known this "very caring person" over these years. Whether you're buying discus from Al or just needs his expert advice; you truly cannot go wrong working with THE MAN.

Kenny Cheung
Kenny's Discus"

Thanks David it's been an honor knowing you as well my friend!:)

Kenny

billeagan
10-29-2008, 04:57 PM
I can't wait to get on the site!

tgirl6868
11-04-2008, 09:41 AM
Al,

It's about time Al!!!! I've been waiting for this day to come, hope it comes soon. You always have nice fish and if it was up to me you would always be on my recommendation list to anyone. With all the times you've always been there for me with stocking my tank with fish that always look
awesome and answering ALL my questions.

I will be talking to you soon, I'm in the market again with a friend that is looking to get some too.

Tamara

brewmaster15
11-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Hi Tamara!

Thanks so much for the kind words here! :) You and your friend are always welcome by here.. just give a call or drop me a PM when you want to stop by....be great seeing you again!

Take care,
al

ashaysathe
11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks Mark!!:)

-al

ps...working on those turqs....:)

Ok ok... Al.. Mark can't have "al" of he goodies..

brewmaster15
11-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Ok ok... Al.. Mark can't have "al" of he goodies.. Sorry Ashay...:) just a small hatchery here... things come and go fast;)... and I Can't help it if Mark likes Shopping here alot!:D:D:D:D

-al

ashaysathe
11-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Sorry Ashay...:) just a small hatchery here... things come and go fast;)... and I Can't help it if Mark likes Shopping here alot!:D:D:D:D

-al

About time ctdiscus.com is up and running so we get to know. Again, anything coming from you is purer than QT, no exaggeration.

brewmaster15
11-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Thanks Ashay!:)

alxjss
11-05-2008, 04:10 PM
OK AL. I remember begging for someone to sell me some beefheart and i didn't hear from u at all. I really didn't no u sold bh. :(

brewmaster15
11-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi Eileen,
When you were looking I was only selling an occassional pound here and there to locals....no shipping..... But I figured since I make so much of it so often, I May as well offer it shipped ...The only catch is 10 lbs minium or its just not worth the trouble.

HTH,
al

jeep
11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
My .02 cents...

"Great Salsa!!" :D

brewmaster15
11-06-2008, 08:42 AM
My .02 cents...

"Great Salsa!!" :D
Lol Brian! want to trade? I had a great salsa year...made alot...send me over some of that kicking Barb-Q sauce and well swap!:D

-al

GrillMaster
11-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Lol Brian! want to trade? I had a great salsa year...made alot...send me over some of that kicking Barb-Q sauce and well swap!:D

-al

Man does that conversation just ring out dejavue! Cept I got chili... ;) :D :D

And why the hell hasn't Tamara been to any meetins yet? :inquisitive:

tgirl6868
11-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Man does that conversation just ring out dejavue! Cept I got chili... ;) :D :D

And why the hell hasn't Tamara been to any meetins yet? :inquisitive:

Good morning! :)

This has been a busy year for me every time there is a gathering something happens and I could never make it. I think next year will be better and then I can meet all the Discus Junkies.:D

Tamara
>>))):>

GrillMaster
11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Good morning! :)

This has been a busy year for me every time there is a gathering something happens and I could never make it. I think next year will be better and then I can meet all the Discus Junkies.:D

Tamara
>>))):>

OK Tamara...We are gonna hold ya to it! ;) :D :D :D

tgirl6868
11-13-2008, 09:52 AM
OK Tamara...We are gonna hold ya to it! ;) :D :D :D

Ok Mark eet ya later!!! :D