PDA

View Full Version : updated pics. of 125gal redone

thebigone
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM
These are some pics of how is use to look.

thebigone
10-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Al, Mike d., Yassmeena, Roberto, Larry W., Dottie,

Thanks to everyone that has help me out with all answers and suggestions. I just wanted to say thank you very much. I have 2 discus now and I have redone half of the tank. I am going to redo the other half of the tank this weekend. I didn't want to stress my new friends with any more moving around. I want to thank Kenny's Discus and Eric from Carolina Discus with helping me over the phone with any and all questions that I had. Thanks guys for taking time out of your busy days to talk with me. Here are some pics. of the discus and the updated pics. of the half of my tank. I will post the other half when I get done.(Hopefully soon with more discus.)
The discus have only been in the tank for 2 days. They have came along pretty good. They don't hide too much now, that is always good! I'm glad I went with discus they are such great fish. These are my first two discus.

Sorry about the picture quality. Not use to taking pictures of the fish tank.

The last pic. is of the half that is redone in the tank. Will post more pics. when I get completly finished.

Thanks,
Josh

Yassmeena
10-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Nice progress. Keep the pics comin! :)

tacks
10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
Tank looks good and it is nice too hear that people here were able to help you. The fish also look great but a few more would be nice Ed

thebigone
10-29-2008, 05:34 AM
Yea, I want to get more fish but there is no one around in SC that keeps discus in stock. There is one place but they never have a lot of choices. I will add some more soon hopefully. As soon as I get the rest of the tank finished I will post some more pics. I'm hopefully going to finish the tank this weekend and I will post the finish pics.

Thanks,
Josh

MRQuad
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
wow.. nice tank..

thebigone
11-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Sorry it took so long for the updated pics. but I have been very busy. Anyways here are some pics. of the tank as it sits now.

Thanks,
Josh

(Sorry not the best Pic. taker.)

thebigone
11-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Now, here are some pics. of the first two discus I got now with their two new friends that I got today!!!!:D

Let me know what you think on the tank and new friends.

Thanks,
Josh

thebigone
11-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Here are the last few pics. that I will post I got excited when my new discus got in the tank and was not shy at all. =)

Thanks again,
Josh

CraigG
11-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Nice new additions. I like the color of your blue guy.

Is he a Diamond?

My cobalt looks great on some days so so on others. Depends on how much the others pick on him. From watching I think he's the lowest in the pecking order.

thebigone
11-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Craig,
The guy that I got him from said that he is a neon blue but I think that he is a blue diamond.

Thanks for looking and the comments,

Josh

kenhappen2u
11-10-2008, 04:23 PM
have these new fish you added to the tank been dewormed or treated in any way ? i think you said your getting your fish from a LFS . i am not saying that you have to deworm them but its always a good idea to QT them before just adding new fish to your tank . also if you just starting to stock up on discus and will be adding more fish to your tank .you may just want to hold off untill you are done buying fish and treat the whole tank and its fish at once . hope this is of some help ..

Ken

Surferdave
11-15-2008, 02:27 AM
Are your plants real? The discus look nice and it looks like a really nice setup.

Dave

thebigone
11-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Dave,
Thanks for looking at my pics. and no the plants are fake. I want to be able to keep nice great discus before I try real plants. I'm wanting to add to the tank soon. Maybe another 6 discus. I think that I am only going to put ten discus in this tank. If I have a great time with them the only other option is to get another and bigger tank.
Thanks for looking Dave.

Ken,
I am going to wait until I put my last few discus in the tank and then I plan on treating them all at once. Thanks for your input. I go to meet Eric from Carolina Discus Sunday to get the rest of the discus for my tank. I can't wait. (I wish it was Sunday now!! :D)

I will update with more pics. once the fish settle into their new home.

Thanks again to everyone. Please still leave any suggestions or comments.

DiscusDude85
11-15-2008, 08:32 AM
Why didnt you go with real plants? Real plants help keep the tank clean, And they look great. They also release oxygen into the water. Give it a few months those fake plants wil be covered in algae.

Joe

thebigone
11-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Joe,

I went with fake plants so that I could get use to keeping discus. This is my first time with discus. I didn't want to have trouble with keep plants alive and discus. I may go to real plants later but for now I only want to take it one step at a time. That is why I went with fake plants. If or when the fake plants get alge then that might be the time to change over to real plants.

cyang
11-26-2008, 12:20 PM
are those goldfish in the first pics?

thebigone
11-27-2008, 08:44 PM
chaz,
Yes those are goldfish in the first pics.

datdyo82
11-28-2008, 03:09 AM
just one to say nice tank. btw, real plants can also be cover in algae too, especially those yucky black beard algae. :)