PDA

View Full Version : where to get plants ?

gene4christ
10-31-2008, 09:43 PM
:guitarist: hey fish fans

Hello sorry if I am double posting but I can't find my post after posted it so here goes again.

I am planing a 175gal. planted South American Community tank with Angels and Discus and I would like to get the plants and other things needed locally,( I live in Newburgh Indiana, very near Evansville ) but would be willing to get them online anyway thanks for any info and God Bless.

Gene4Christ :wave::wave:

MSD
11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
I have bought from here: http://www.aquariumplants.com/ and the quality and price are fantastic!!!

gene4christ
11-15-2008, 07:26 PM
:guitarist: hey fish fan MSD,

Thanks that is a very good site I will be checking them out for sure . again thanks and God Bless.

Gene4Christ :wave::wave:

MSD
11-15-2008, 08:04 PM
You are welcome Gene.

bs6749
11-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Personally, I had a bad experience with www.aquariumplants.com Well over half the plants I received died within 4-5 days and that was with overnight shipping. They also forgot to ship the plants initially and it said they were shipped out. I had to stay home for work to get the package only to be waiting several hours. Called them up and they said that the plants hadn't shipped but I was given a tracking number....

So, I decided to give them a second chance about 8 months later. The package that I received was pitiful to say the least. They skimped on everything that I ordered and the stem plants that I received were folded over and they eventually died. I wrote two emails to them the second time but never got a response. Needless to say I won't be going back there ever again. I'd look for free plants on aquatic plant forums. There are ALWAYS people willing to send you plants for the cost of shipping. I expected a little more when I spent over $70 at www.aquariumplants.com both times but they just didn't deliver.

MSD
11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Its been a week and a half and the two huge amazon swords I bought look as good as ever. No snails or pests hitchiking, plants very green and healthy, I'm very pleased. This is my third good transaction. Perhaps your water and lighting conditions were not optimal for the species of plants you ordered?

GrillMaster
11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
Hey Gene I moved it over here so you can get a lil more exposure...:)

BTW...Like MSD, I have ordered numerous plants from www.aquariumplants.com and have nothing but praise for these guys! :)

bs6749
11-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Nope, I had 130W PC/CF lighting on my 55 gallon tank with Eco-Complete and the swords all died in several days. Plants also loaded with snails and snail eggs.

Wahter
11-20-2008, 08:50 PM
As previously mentioned, you can get some plants from some of the plant forums. I've had good luck getting plants from http://www.aquabotanic.com, but I am lucky to have many local friends with plants.

Some people have had good luck with some of the sellers on aquabid.

Hope that helps,

Walter

AADiscus
11-21-2008, 05:28 PM
What kind of plants are you looking for? We throw alot of clippings and such away every week. We also grow some in an indoor pond in the house.

brano
11-21-2008, 06:34 PM
I have my plants from Lowcoaster.Go to Aquabid and find him.He has almost everything and if he does not he'll get it for you for reasonable price.

hyperfocus
11-23-2008, 07:35 AM
Live Aquaria was good to me, I would buy from them again...
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=768

http://www.aquariumplants.com/ was horrible. I paid for overnight shipping, they shipped 2nd day. 1/2 the plants were in terrible condition... full of algae and snails. Huge disappointment... I would never buy from them again.

Harriett
12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I have my plants from Lowcoaster.Go to Aquabid and find him.He has almost everything and if he does not he'll get it for you for reasonable price.

I also get my plants from Charley Sabatino on the east coast. He is a terrific guy to work with and I can vouch for the quality of his plants--I have been buying from him for 5 years. By the way,if he says the plant is a 'mother plant' you can believe it. He has sent me amazingly large vibrant anubius varieties at prices I have never seen elsewhere. Shipping prices are very reasonable too. His email address is: beadgc@nyc.rr.com He has a plantlist that he updates regularlyand he will find wierdo stuff for you if he knows what you are looking for.
If you use him, tell him I sent you!
Thanks,
Harriett

tacks
12-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Hi I cant agree with Harriett any more. I just order some plants and I have been with him also for several years. HTH Ed