PDA

View Full Version : Discus Hans

Sir Knight
11-26-2008, 03:38 PM
I just received two Discus from Hans and they look great.

The discus were very well packed. He used a large styro box, with a cardboard outer box, fish were in large bags and a heat pack (the right way to pack fish as it was 24 degrees this morning). I didn't acclumate the fish just put them right into the tank and they are swimming around like they own the tank. After 1 hour they are allready eating blood worms.

I highly recommend Hans.

Also, the 4" fish are far from 4" they are closer to 5 plus inches. I guess he felt sorry for me that I had to spend $100.00 to ship 2 fish but I would do it again.

Thanks Hans

Joe W.:D

Moon
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Hans had four adult discusin the chiclid extravaganza show in Cleaveland last weekend. They were extra large and beautifull specimens. I thought I had some large discus in my collection. But these were easily 7" plus and good shape and colour.
Congrats Hans.

Discus-Hans
11-27-2008, 01:58 AM
You're more as Welcome Joe. Grow them BIG.

Moon I had 6 in the show lol you missed 2 but thanks, btw. all 6 found a new home after the show,

Hans

Moon
11-27-2008, 01:10 PM
I didn't know they were for sale.

Discus-Hans
11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Moon,

we always sell them after the show, most are sold as soon I put them in the tanks.
People are waiting when I open the bags lol lol

Hans

aztecdiscus
11-28-2008, 02:43 PM
I just received two Discus from Hans and they look great.

The discus were very well packed. He used a large styro box, with a cardboard outer box, fish were in large bags and a heat pack (the right way to pack fish as it was 24 degrees this morning). I didn't acclumate the fish just put them right into the tank and they are swimming around like they own the tank. After 1 hour they are allready eating blood worms.

I highly recommend Hans.

Also, the 4" fish are far from 4" they are closer to 5 plus inches. I guess he felt sorry for me that I had to spend $100.00 to ship 2 fish but I would do it again.

Thanks Hans

Joe W.:D

Now u ship fishes to hobbysts hans ?
I though u only ship to stores

Discus-Hans
11-28-2008, 10:42 PM
Yes we do, we advice people to go to one of our dealers but if they can't find in the store what they want and they are willing to pay the shipping for a few Discus. We ship you direct,

Hans

aztecdiscus
11-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Wow that's awesome for me I think should be better pay the shipping than go directly to u place because there is 4 hrs way to go and another 4 to comeback a littlebit far..................
Thanks hans for the advise also thanks for the food receipe my discus love it they eat it like pigs

biochemgeek
11-29-2008, 12:41 PM
This is my first time raising Discus -but, I can't believe I could have a better experience. I bought 5 discus from Petland in Rockford, IL (Discus Hans distributor) and threw them into a 55 gallon tank three months ago. I can't belive how hungry they always are. 4 of the five have over doubled in size and are incredible. The fifth appears healthy - just isn't growing as fast as the rest.

John_Nicholson
12-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Can't go wrong with Hans. He will always treat you more then fair.

-john

Lee C
12-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I agree with John N.
Hans will send you nice thick adult discus and they will breed soon after you receive if both sexes. Some of the strongest discus I have owned are from Stendker in Germany via Discus Hans in Maryland! Hans has been a Great pimp:p for the discus hobby:)
Keep up the outstanding work, Discus Hans and Mr Stendker:D:D:D

regards,
Lee

MSD
12-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Some of them even start breeding on the way to being shipped to you! They are really nice thick fish which make excellent breeders or showfish.