PDA

View Full Version : Al's beef heart!!!

mikel
01-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Just want to drop a note about Al's beef heart!!!

Dave and I visited Al two weekends ago, and along with the acquisition of some beautiful fish, we both also bought a slab each of Al's beef heart. Mind you, my fish are perhaps the finicky-est things with fins ever....but on the 2nd day that I began introducing them to this beef heart...EVERYONE was fighting each other over the food. I have a giant adult BD, a sub adult BD from Kenny, two small BD from Al and three other adult discus...I have never ever seen any discus eat so voraciously as these guys.... I couldnt chop and thaw fast enough! They hated the beef heart from Hikari or whatever, but now, they cant stop eating Al's! I am no longer buying any frozen blood worms...only Al's BH and Spirulina brine shrimp with Sera pellets and Omega One flakes for these guys from now on. I want huge Blue Diamonds! :O)))))

Al...whatever you do, please please please DO NOT change your beef heart recipe! Any of you with picky eaters, and want to put some weight and growth on juvies, I highly recommend Al's magic beef heart!

Yassmeena
01-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Just want to drop a note about Al's beef heart!!!

Dave and I visited Al two weekends ago, and along with the acquisition of some beautiful fish, we both also bought a slab each of Al's beef heart. Mind you, my fish are perhaps the finicky-est things with fins ever....but on the 2nd day that I began introducing them to this beef heart...EVERYONE was fighting each other over the food. I have a giant adult BD, a sub adult BD from Kenny, two small BD from Al and three other adult discus...I have never ever seen any discus eat so voraciously as these guys.... I couldnt chop and thaw fast enough! They hated the beef heart from Hikari or whatever, but now, they cant stop eating Al's! I am no longer buying any frozen blood worms...only Al's BH and Spirulina brine shrimp with Sera pellets and Omega One flakes for these guys from now on. I want huge Blue Diamonds! :O)))))

Al...whatever you do, please please please DO NOT change your beef heart recipe! Any of you with picky eaters, and want to put some weight and growth on juvies, I highly recommend Al's magic beef heart!

Wow... sounds like you had a really great experience!!! Question though... who is Al, and how can I find out about buying some beef heart from him?

My discus are very finiky also. I give them FBW and spirulina brine shrimp by Hikari, but only 1 out of 6 of them will eat Spectrum color bits! grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Tetra bits - forget it, none of them like those!

mikel
01-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Al is the guy who brought you this cool forum site...He lives in Connecticut, and he is an amazing discus (and other critter) guru. You can find him in the sponsor section under Al Sabetta and CTdiscus.com. He has this wonder food for sale...I am not sure how much it is to ship, but it would be more economical if you get a bunch of people and order as a group. You can check by pm him directly. I only posted my review of the beef heart because I am so amazed by how crazy my discus have become. In the 2 years that I have had discus, I was never ever able to get them to eat like this, for any type of food. Best, mike

Yassmeena
01-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Al is the guy who brought you this cool forum site...He lives in Connecticut, and he is an amazing discus (and other critter) guru. You can find him in the sponsor section under Al Sabetta and CTdiscus.com. He has this wonder food for sale...I am not sure how much it is to ship, but it would be more economical if you get a bunch of people and order as a group. You can check by pm him directly. I only posted my review of the beef heart because I am so amazed by how crazy my discus have become. In the 2 years that I have had discus, I was never ever able to get them to eat like this, for any type of food. Best, mike

Thanks Mike. That's good to know bc as I mentioned, my discus seem to be the same ways. Their one true dietary love is the FBW.

mikel
01-02-2009, 05:41 PM
As I understand it, FBW has about 6% protein content, and beef heart is, well, made of beef muscle protein (the heart is a muscle) so the level of protein is quite different. My discus previously also would take FBW, but no where as much as they like Al's BH. I want them to gorge and eat and eat and grow to be huge!!!!! (sounds almost diabolical, dont I?)!!! mike:)))

ashaysathe
01-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Question though... who is Al?

Master Yoda of Discus World..

I get all my fish food from Al. The best part is the food mix does not cloud the water at all and I feed heavvvyyy.. its all gone in 20 mins or so. Going to Al's house and not buying fish is impossible...
Its gr8 I live 20 mins away from him. A friend, a guide, a mentor !!!

dpt8
01-03-2009, 10:40 AM
I must jump in on this thread also. Al IS the Guru.. Beautiful fish, sells us outstanding specimens and makes a great beefheart seafood mix. I was trying so hard to fed anything other than beefheart because i didn't want the resposibility of making it. Also I was so afraid it would foul my tanks. This mix is outstanding. My fish love it and very little is left for the plecos and cories to eat. haha Only problem is I am afraid too many people will want his beefheart and then it will be hard for me to get more .. hehe

Al, i was hoping maybe people could order your beefheart and you deliver it at our next Northeast discus meeting Jan 24th !! I'll take 2 more pounds.. David T

brewmaster15
01-03-2009, 11:01 AM
You Guys crack me up!:) Yoda of the discus world?LOL I am but a Padawan learner compared to many others.;)

Al, i was hoping maybe people could order your beefheart and you deliver it at our next Northeast discus meeting Jan 24th !! I'll take 2 more pounds..

yes...I can do that!:)

thanks David,Mike and Ashay!!