PDA

View Full Version : how do these look?

BootDink
01-18-2009, 09:40 AM
hey, i live in canada and discus are very hard to come by.I have a guy from a lfs that has a few he said hed sell me from his own tank(waiting for reply from sponsors on others)i just wanted to get some feedback from the "pros" about his fish, how they look etc. As far as i know they are around3.5-4" red turqs

take a look, he hasn gave me a price on them yet but i will let yas know what he would be wanting for them and wether or not its reasonable

thanks alot guys!(and gals)

Eddie
01-18-2009, 11:15 AM
Don't buy them, they are not good quality discus. The fish are definitely stunted.

Eddie

Hattawi
01-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Eye to head ratio is around 1 in 4.5

The most important factor would be, how long did he have the fish in possession for and how large were they when he got them. Also ask him, what and how frequent was the feeding?

You may not be completely satisfied with the fish later if they don't grow well to be nice adults.

marnold
01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I agree with basshead.Save your money and buy from a sponser.

rickztahone
01-18-2009, 02:18 PM
...how large were they when he got them. Also ask him, what and how frequent was the feeding?

also, how often were the water changes? i agree though, not worth picking those up. buy from a sponsor if at all possible, you can't go wrong

rickztahone
01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
also, make sure you post how much he wants to sell those for

kaceyo
01-18-2009, 03:03 PM
I'd pass on them too. Whatever you do, don't get in too big of a hurry to buy. Take your time and shop around. That's half the fun.

Kacey

vera
01-18-2009, 03:23 PM
I woudnt buy it...

Wahter
01-18-2009, 04:21 PM
based on the wavy stress bar above the eye, the fish on the top in this photo looks to have a pinched/ thin forehead. Not something you want to bring home.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40473&d=1232286038

Hope you hear back from one of the sponsors, you'll get some better quality fish. Starting off with good stock is very important.

Walter

Discus-n00b
01-18-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree with basshead.Save your money and buy from a sponser.

Agree with the above.

Wait for the sponsers to reply. I'd personally rather pay more or pay shipping for good quality fish then get a good "deal" on below average fish. Just my opinion.