PDA

View Full Version : Does any body experience this?

Patr1ck
01-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Do those Seachem root tabs make the water cloudy? Im thinking about using them.
Thanks,
P

KimR
01-20-2009, 12:42 AM
I have used them before, and never had the water cloudy, albeit, not on my discus tank, on a community tank, but that shouldn't make a difference.

mcsinny99
01-20-2009, 04:38 AM
I have used them as well with no problems.

GrillMaster
01-20-2009, 09:08 AM
Once you have put them in the substrate leave them alone and dont up root or move the plant or plants! You will get cloudy water then green water if you do. Other than that they dont make the water cloudy.

ltgoof
01-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Actually it's a good product, it's a bit expensive though. I went to the cheaper route, I use Jobe Sticks instead which works just fine but cheaper. ;)

As Mark said, after you put them in, don't pull them out or expose them otherwise the green monsters will take over.

Patr1ck
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Actually it's a good product, it's a bit expensive though. I went to the cheaper route, I use Jobe Sticks instead which works just fine but cheaper. ;)

As Mark said, after you put them in, don't pull them out or expose them otherwise the green monsters will take over.

I thought about the Jobe's but I noticed on the package that they had higher nitrogen and phosphorus ratings than the seachem's. Do you have any problems with algae?
Thanks,
P

ltgoof
01-22-2009, 01:41 AM
I thought about the Jobe's but I noticed on the package that they had higher nitrogen and phosphorus ratings than the seachem's. Do you have any problems with algae?
Thanks,
P

Hi Pat,

I don't have any issues with it. Get the one which is intended for Ferns and Palms (16-2-6) as it has lower Phosphorus. The trick is you have to bury it as deep as you can to avoid exposure on the water column. I put one stick per plant, it takes about 3 months for my monster Amazon Swords to consume it. So one package will take you forever.

It only cost me CDN$2.50 for 30 sticks. I think it is sold for US$1.69 on True Value.

or check this out:

http://www.homeandbeyond.com/prod-0000792.html

Cheers!