PDA

View Full Version : iphone users. No pictures to look at

Bizzaro
01-30-2009, 03:13 PM
On the iphone i can not see any of the attached files anyone has, i mean by opening them.I can only see the thumb nail but once i click on ot i get a blank blank page. When im not login the page loads but promots me to log back in. Any way your site can get around this?

Ryan
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm afraid not. The iPhone doesn't like the new slideshow format that vBulletin 3.8 uses. I'm on my iPhone now and have the same issue. I will look around later and see if any other vBulletin users have posted suggestions or work-arounds.

DiscusOnly
01-30-2009, 05:05 PM
What version of Iphone?

I am using a 2G and don't have problem viewing thumbnails. My software version is 2.2.1 if it matters.

Van

DiscusOnly
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Nevermind. I experience the same issue when there are multiples images.

dishpanhands
01-30-2009, 05:44 PM
not sure what it is I get the same thing on my computer I get the screen to go black but I never get a pic. Same thing with my 3G Iphone. I just reload and it works on my computer but not on my phone..Not sure if its my internet we have got a lot of snow the last couple days and the power is off all around me..

Bizzaro
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
3G up to date...

scolley
02-07-2009, 12:36 PM
I will look around later and see if any other vBulletin users have posted suggestions or work-arounds.

Thanks Ryan. I have to admit a bit of disappointment myself over this incompatibility. While my iPhone is a wonderful business tool during the day, I also love the fact that I can sit with my family in the evenings, as they watch their favorite shows, and I can engage in my own preferred activity - browsing Simply. But with this new upgrate, I can forget larger pictures. Bummer.

But make no mistake about it, the Safari browser with the iPhone is pretty lame.

Bizzaro
02-08-2009, 12:48 AM
Thanks Ryan. I have to admit a bit of disappointment myself over this incompatibility. While my iPhone is a wonderful business tool during the day, I also love the fact that I can sit with my family in the evenings, as they watch their favorite shows, and I can engage in my own preferred activity - browsing Simply. But with this new upgrate, I can forget larger pictures. Bummer.

But make no mistake about it, the Safari browser with the iPhone is pretty lame.

Its not Safari... Well kind of... its more the way this site allows you to view the pic... it load that black screen n not in a new window.... can that be changed?

Got to love the iphone for thoses reasons lol

Ryan
02-08-2009, 09:35 AM
No one has answered me about the iPhone but it appears that individual users cannot select how pictures are viewed. That means everyone has to use the slideshow feature or no one can.

I'm sure it has something to do with the Java that is required to load the light box (the pop-up box that the picture is in).

The iPhone's browser does a fairly decent job but it does have setbacks. For instance, there is no Flash player and it struggles with some Java.

I heard a rumor that Adobe is working on a flash plugin for the iPhone browser. I'm wondering if that may fix our problem here.

Ryan

cmich
02-11-2009, 02:23 AM
I have the same problem with my ipod touch. I can see the thumbnails of pictures, but I cannot make them any larger. Being a college student, I sometimes check simplydiscus on my ipod during lectures and I was disappointed that the pictures could not be enlarged.