PDA

View Full Version : Forrest is the best!!!!

Eddie
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Hey all,

Birthday today and guess what I picked up from the airport.....A nice box of fish from the man....Forrest!!!

I don't even want to get into what I had to go through to get these guys pass customs, lets just say ALOT OF PAPERWORK!!! Plus I told them it was my birthday.

Anyways, I'll start with a nice round of pictures from box to tank and then cruising around the tank.

Received
3 each Blue Scorpion at 3-3.5"
3 each Penang Eruption at 3"
2 each Pearl Diamond at 3"

These guys are beautiful, best birthday gift I ever received. Forrest is definitely #1!

http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/?action=view&current=IMG_0651.jpg

Run through the album, about 14 photos.

These guys just wolfed down some FBWs too.

Hearty straight out of the box!

Eddie

FLGirl1977
02-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Very nice Eddie! Happy Birthday!!! ;)

Eddie
02-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Just like Christmas all over again. I wish Santa would leave bags of discus over the fireplace.

FLGirl1977
02-05-2009, 09:48 AM
I see that you opened the bags while you were floating them... just wondering what that reason was... (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) lol! ;)

Eddie
02-05-2009, 09:53 AM
I see that you opened the bags while you were floating them... just wondering what that reason was... (maybe I'm doing it wrong?) lol! ;)

No, I didn't open them right away. That pic was taken when I was adding tank water to the bags. Once the tank water hit them, they came ALIVE!!! :D

These guys are phenomenal! Can't wait til they settle in over a week or 2. I'm gonna hit'em with the 1-2 punch tomorrow, my seafood mix. ;)

Eddie

MSD
02-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Happy Birthday and enjoy all of your beautiful new fish, they are nice and will look so much better in a few weeks with your TLC.

Eddie
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks! Forrest definitely supplies the beauties!

Take care,
Eddie

William Palumbo
02-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Happy B-DAY Eddie!...The fish look sweet!...Am partial to the Scorps myself. I think recieving Discus brings out the kid in ALL of us. Good luck with them and enjoy!...Bill

CODISCUS
02-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Happy B-DAY Eddie, I'm glad you found some nice fish!!

Mike B

seanyuki
02-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi Eddie,

Very nice collection & keep us updated about their progress.
Thanks for sharing the photos too.

Cheers
Francis:)

MostlyDiscus
02-05-2009, 11:21 AM
So you had to go and do it did you? Now Im chomping at the bit for mine haha:D. Keep up posted on thier progress ie pairs etc... Happy B day buddy.

Ed

Porkchop
02-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Awesome, Eddie!!! I'm happy for you! You've been wanting a shipment of fish for a while that I know of. The fish look great and I'm jealous! lol

Anthony

Yassmeena
02-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Happy birthday again!!!

They look seriously AWESOME!!!!!!!!! (I rarely use that word - LOL!)

rickztahone
02-05-2009, 01:55 PM
aren't the blue scorpions the best? i mean this in the best way towards Kenny and Forrest but the pictures they take do not capture the beauty of them in person. they are something else, my blue scorpion is on my top fav list. congrats on the order. how many are you up to now? when will you get another tank? i'd hate to see your water bill this month

Joshcat
02-05-2009, 02:02 PM
They are amazing Eddie, I can't believe they look so good after such a long trip. Kudo's to Forrest and Kenny! I hope you have a great birthday and enjoy your new additions.

Cathy

BOBT00LS
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Happy Birthday Eddie. Very Nice group of discus you have there from Forrest. Growem out well.

Bob

thebigone
02-05-2009, 02:45 PM
You can't get a birthday gift much better than that!!:D They look GREAT Eddie! Good luck with them and Happy Birthday!!;)

TankWatcher
02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Eddie
Happy Birthday to You

Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray

Those are great looking discus Eddie. Enjoy

Thanks for sharing.

mikel
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Happy B-Day, Eddie! Now that's a birthday present! With Forrest's quality fish, and your maniac water change regiment...oh oh, we may have our first real pictures of 8 inchers here at Simply! I love the blue scorpions! My second favorite strain (after the BD-B angels-B sapphires). Best of luck to fish, and many more happy b-days for you! mike:)

frenchie100
02-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Happy birthday Eddie!!!! Best birthday present ever! They look awesome! I am sure they will grow really fast, with you taking care of them :D!
-Julie

Eddie
02-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey everyone! Many many thanks, it was very nice.

Getting the fish through customs was not easy, and could have been a catastrophe, literally. I am just so happy with these fish, they are amazing. Right out of the box eating and today I tried a little of the seafood mix, they are taking it little by little. I am sure after this weekend it's gonna be their favorite! ;) These fish are just cruising from one side of the tank to other and their colors have really brightened in less than 12 hours. The blue scorpions really started to grow on me from other members posting pics and I am very satisfied with them. They are all amazing, best quality discus I ever owned!

That makes 21 Ricardo......there's bound to be a pair somewhere in there. And the water bill....ah, just got start taking combat showers from now on! LOL

Thanks again everyone. Will definitely keep up with their development. All the best,

Eddie

Darren's Discus
02-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Eddie,
Happy Birthday,congrats on a great bunch of fish from Forrest,make sure you post plenty of updates on them as i'm sure they will grow big on your seafood mix !:D

cheers

Elite Aquaria
02-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Now that is what friends are for...:D

Just in case anyone of my friends missed it, my birthday was Jan 24...lol

Happy Birthday Eddie

pherfect
02-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Very nice B-day present Eddie, very nice fish!-Chris

Jason88
02-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Happy birthday :)

You got some fish from forrest!

Eddie
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks again everyone!

Fish have lightened up alot and eating the mix like it's last food they will ever eat!

Just in case anyone of my friends missed it, my birthday was Jan 24...lol

Hey Dan, hope you had a good birthday...wouldn't it be nice to have more of them in the year. LOL

Take care,
Eddie

aquadiva
02-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Happy Birthday Eddie!!

Your Discus are just beautiful and look so healthy! Your tank is spotless as well. Great job with your fish. Nice B-day gift.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Anna:sun:

Eddie
02-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Happy Birthday Eddie!!

Your Discus are just beautiful and look so healthy! Your tank is spotless as well. Great job with your fish. Nice B-day gift.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Anna:sun:

Cleanliness is next to godliness.....isn't that what they say.

Thanks Anna

scottthomas
02-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Happy Birthday
Those are some great looking fish. I also like the scorpions and will try to get some soon. My fish from Kenny/ Forrest are also the best discus I have owned in 5 years. Glad you could finally get some. I am sure you will be able to grow them to giant size with your feeding and wc schedule. Post some more pictures as they grow please.

Scott

Chad Hughes
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey everyone! Many many thanks, it was very nice.

Getting the fish through customs was not easy, and could have been a catastrophe, literally. I am just so happy with these fish, they are amazing. Right out of the box eating and today I tried a little of the seafood mix, they are taking it little by little. I am sure after this weekend it's gonna be their favorite! ;) These fish are just cruising from one side of the tank to other and their colors have really brightened in less than 12 hours. The blue scorpions really started to grow on me from other members posting pics and I am very satisfied with them. They are all amazing, best quality discus I ever owned!

That makes 21 Ricardo......there's bound to be a pair somewhere in there. And the water bill....ah, just got start taking combat showers from now on! LOL

Thanks again everyone. Will definitely keep up with their development. All the best,

Eddie

Just out of curiosity, when you PCS out of Japan, how are you going to get all of those discus to your next duty station? Do you really have a water bill? I thought the military pays for that. Happy birthday!

Eddie
02-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Just out of curiosity, when you PCS out of Japan, how are you going to get all of those discus to your next duty station? Do you really have a water bill? I thought the military pays for that. Happy birthday!

Well, might have to do an In Place Consectutive Overseas Tour (IPCOT) here, that would give me 8 years here. I can always extend a few years too. It all depends on what I want to do. Either way, I can find ways of keeping the fish. I could set-up some tanks at my new location and find an exporter to ship them to.....hmmmm, maybe Kenny LOL and then pick them up. Things I will think about in 4 or 5 years.

The water bill, it's only covered if you live on the base. Utilities are paid out of pocket but we do get money for utilities. Is it enough? NO WAY. Plus the exchange rate for the yen is AWFUL!!!

Thanks Scott and Av

Eddie

susantroy1
02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Happy Birthday Ed!!

Those are definitely a great gift!! Hope you enjoy them. Yea the yen will continue to get stronger as our dollar falls like a lead balloon:mad: Thank goodness for the COLA rate to offset things a bit. Enjoy Japan while your there Very nice place. We stopped through there in 89 on my way to Korea. Seems like yesterday.....

All The Best

Troy

Eddie
02-07-2009, 11:11 PM
Happy Birthday Ed!!

Those are definitely a great gift!! Hope you enjoy them. Yea the yen will continue to get stronger as our dollar falls like a lead balloon:mad: Thank goodness for the COLA rate to offset things a bit. Enjoy Japan while your there Very nice place. We stopped through there in 89 on my way to Korea. Seems like yesterday.....

All The Best

Troy

Thanks alot Troy! Japan is great, been here a year now and really enjoying. I really enjoy the fact that I was able to get some superior quality discus from the man himself, Forrest!

Eddie

airbus123
02-07-2009, 11:29 PM
take good care of them eddie,

hopefully they would grow up nicely.

:)

clairel
02-08-2009, 12:15 AM
gotta add my happy b'day wishes. Great present! That Forrest, he is an 'afishianado'. Your tank is pristine. Happy fishes - happy fishman. My b'day was Feb 4th. I have been to the airport everyday since reading this thread - no fish. ???

Eddie
02-08-2009, 12:21 AM
gotta add my happy b'day wishes. Great present! That Forrest, he is an 'afishianado'. Your tank is pristine. Happy fishes - happy fishman. My b'day was Feb 4th. I have been to the airport everyday since reading this thread - no fish. ???

LOL, thats funny! Happy Belated Birthday, maybe they will come next year. ;)

Eddie

Kenny's Discus
02-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Happy Birthday Eddie!:)

I just finally have some time getting back here and I see that your fish from Forrest have arrived safely! Very happy for you buddy I'm sure they'll do wonderfully under your care! All the best Eddie and Forrest told me to refund you 70 bucks and I'll be right on it!:p

Kenny
p.s. sry for the delay Eddie the last few days have been TOTALLY hectic for me...it's also my niece upcoming 1-year birthday and we're having her party tomo!:)

Eddie
02-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Happy Birthday Eddie!:)

I just finally have some time getting back here and I see that your fish from Forrest have arrived safely! Very happy for you buddy I'm sure they'll do wonderfully under your care! All the best Eddie and Forrest told me to refund you 70 bucks and I'll be right on it!:p

Kenny
p.s. sry for the delay Eddie the last few days have been TOTALLY hectic for me...it's also my niece upcoming 1-year birthday and we're having her party tomo!:)

No worries Kenny,

It wasn't anything I was expecting so it's just fortunate for me. Patience is a virtue.

That's great about you niece's birthday! Her and I are the same sign. ;) I'm sure it will be a wonderful party. Have fun and take care.

Thanks again for being the middle man for the whole transaction. The fish are AMAZING. They eat like crazy and have a totally different personality than any discus I ever owned.

Eddie

Chad Hughes
02-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, might have to do an In Place Consectutive Overseas Tour (IPCOT) here, that would give me 8 years here. I can always extend a few years too. It all depends on what I want to do. Either way, I can find ways of keeping the fish. I could set-up some tanks at my new location and find an exporter to ship them to.....hmmmm, maybe Kenny LOL and then pick them up. Things I will think about in 4 or 5 years.

The water bill, it's only covered if you live on the base. Utilities are paid out of pocket but we do get money for utilities. Is it enough? NO WAY. Plus the exchange rate for the yen is AWFUL!!!

Thanks Scott and Av

Eddie

Excellent! That's a long time to be away from home though. I wish you luck and thanks for what you do! Too bad the water isn't free! I'd move to Japan too! LOL!

forrest
02-09-2009, 06:26 AM
hi Eddie,
thank you very much for your support n thx every one for the comments.
my apologies for the late reply on this post,were very busy for the past few days working on Kenny's shipment n the others.

best rgds,
forrest.

Eddie
05-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Here you go Forrest, these shots are for you. Your fish are genetically superior.

Take care,

Eddie

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3176.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3177.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3179.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3180.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3184.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3187.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3188.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3189.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3190.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3191.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3192.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest/9%20May/IMG_3194.jpg

seanyuki
05-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Nice work Eddie .....they are looking goood.

Cheers

Eddie
05-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Nice work Eddie .....they are looking goood.

Cheers

Thanks Francis, just wanted to display the potential of Forrest's quality fish. They are doing quite well.

Take care,

Eddie

Disgirl
05-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Eddie, those are some of the most beautiful discus I have ever seen! Just amazing. Someday I may have to save up my $$$ and get some of these beauties. BTW, have you learned to speak Japanese yet?
Barbara :)

thebigone
05-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Eddie those BS are just W:shocked:W!!!!!!! Very nice quality fish that Forrest has!! A big Thank you to Forrest for such great quality discus!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Eddie
05-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Eddie, those are some of the most beautiful discus I have ever seen! Just amazing. Someday I may have to save up my $$$ and get some of these beauties. BTW, have you learned to speak Japanese yet?
Barbara :)

Thanks Barbara, really appreciate the comment. That is very nice. ;)

Japanese...no, not really. I'm doing more charades than anything LOL.

Eddie those BS are just W:shocked:W!!!!!!! Very nice quality fish that Forrest has!! A big Thank you to Forrest for such great quality discus!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Josh, I know what you mean. The BS are amazing, really turning out nice. Genetically some of the most amazing shaped discus I've seen.

Thank you Forrest!

Eddie

Diskboy12
05-08-2009, 10:13 PM
Wow, I love the fish especially the SE. I have alsways been a spotted eruption fan.

forrest
05-08-2009, 10:16 PM
hi Eddie,
thank u very much for taking good TLC to those fishes. u have done a great job raising them, the credit should go to u not me.

thanks again for updating us ur beauties.

best rgds,
forrest.

seanyuki
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey Forrest,

I need help in growing my discus....help me...help me.

Cheers

Eddie
05-08-2009, 10:19 PM
Wow, I love the fish especially the SE. I have alsways been a spotted eruption fan.

Thanks, I never liked the Eruptions too much but the wife wanted them. Once I got them, they really really grew on me. Especially their shape and pattern. They are my babies now. :)

hi Eddie,
thank u very much for taking good TLC to those fishes. u have done a great job raising them, the credit should go to u not me.

thanks again for updating us ur beauties.

best rgds,
forrest.

Thank you Forrest, for the comment and most definitely for the discus.

Take care my friend and all the best,

Eddie

forrest
05-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Thanks, I never liked the Eruptions too much but the wife wanted them. Once I got them, they really really grew on me. Especially their shape and pattern. They are my babies now. :)

hi Eddie,
add more asthaxanthin to your mix n im sure u going to love them much much more after sometime.

best rgds,
forrest.

Eddie
05-08-2009, 11:21 PM
hi Eddie,
add more asthaxanthin to your mix n im sure u going to love them much much more after sometime.

best rgds,
forrest.

Yup Forrest, I already did! My last batch of mix that I started feeding a few days ago is loaded with goodies for color! I say about a month and they will be expressing every color of the rainbow!

Thanks for the advice,

Eddie

AquatiCreations
05-08-2009, 11:27 PM
These fish look magnificent Eddie! Forrest has some high quality stuff!

Yes,yes, Multi-Tank Syndrome(MTS) is so overwhelming isn't it?

One day you start out with a small 10g and then, BAM! Tanks in every room in your house.

Eddie
05-08-2009, 11:32 PM
These fish look magnificent Eddie! Forrest has some high quality stuff!

Yes,yes, Multi-Tank Syndrome(MTS) is so overwhelming isn't it?

One day you start out with a small 10g and then, BAM! Tanks in every room in your house.

Mmmm Hmmmm, that is correct. Started out with a vision of only one tank, now I have 8! LOL

I'd get more if I could, or when I can. :D

seanyuki
05-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Wow Eddie,

8 tanks already...sizes please.:D....you have more tanks than discus....where are the other beauties.?

Cheers

Eddie
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Wow Eddie,

8 tanks already...sizes please.:D....you have more tanks than discus....where are the other beauties.?

Cheers

4 each 55s, 1 each 35, 2 each 29s, 1 each 20 and we have 2 each 5s on the kitchen bar. :D

The beauty's are being groomed. They have a little time before I present them. :D

Eddie

Eddie
06-28-2009, 08:05 AM
hi Eddie,

best rgds,
forrest.

Forrest,

Here is an update, all natural red enhancing foods in my mix, no camera tricks. Thank you, you are the best!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/P%20Eruptions/27%20June/IMG_5342.jpg

Take care,

Eddie

thebigone
06-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Eddie, Forrest really knows how to get some great discus to everyone. Those are some real beauties that you have. Looking very very nice.

hedut
06-28-2009, 10:42 AM
WOW that really beautiful Eddie:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

hendri

MostlyDiscus
06-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Nice Eddie, Its really a pleasure to deal with Kenny and Forrest.

Eddie
06-28-2009, 11:25 PM
Thanks fellas, Forrest does it right for sure! These fish just get better and better every day!

Take care,

Eddie

forrest
06-29-2009, 01:05 AM
hi Eddie,
thank u very much for the update. those fishes look outstanding under your care, i only selected out fishes with good potential but u r the one who make them look good.

best rgds,
forrest.

forrest
06-29-2009, 01:05 AM
hi Eddie,
thank u very much for the update. those fishes look outstanding under your care, i only selected out fishes with good potential but u r the one who make them look good.

best rgds,
forrest.

discusfav
04-07-2012, 04:07 PM
hi eddie
beautiful fish you have there,plus your effort on the upkeep of the fish is also showing.wish such quality fish was available in india!
regards
sameer