PDA

View Full Version : Sponge filters

thekarens
02-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Hello, I have a 90g with a Eheim 2217 and I also added a sponge filter rated up to 125g (have another one on standby in case that's not enough). Anyway, it's hooked up to a Rena 400 and the sponge filter and Rena are noisy! I was wondering if I added an airstone if that would help with the sound of the bubbles breaking through the water and I don't know what to do about the Rena.

Eddie
02-09-2009, 10:58 AM
Hello, I have a 90g with a Eheim 2217 and I also added a sponge filter rated up to 125g (have another one on standby in case that's not enough). Anyway, it's hooked up to a Rena 400 and the sponge filter and Rena are noisy! I was wondering if I added an airstone if that would help with the sound of the bubbles breaking through the water and I don't know what to do about the Rena.

Yes it will help to add an airstone. I have several that are fitted with a fine bubble airstone and it is a lot quieter. About the pump, not sure how to lessen the sound. I have read about putting a cloth underneath the pump but I hav never tried. I heard the Fusion air pumps are super quiet so I might get a few my self to try them out.

Eddie

thekarens
02-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks, sounds like I need to invest in an airstone and a new air pump ;)