PDA

View Full Version : Ever try this?

Big Tuck
02-09-2009, 11:18 PM
I always seem to have a algi problem so i tried taping a 2 in. paint brush on my pick-up tube.The brush is first trimmed to make the brissles shorter and stiff.It sticks down below the tube approx.1/2 in.Works great for knocking anything stuck(snails,poop etc) loose and also knocks the algi off and suckes it up all in one motion.Just thought some might be interested. Tuck

Guppybob
02-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Great idea. I hope to try it.

I think I may add one adjustment. To prevent spreading impurities from one tank to another, I'll have several interchangeable tips for the syphon. What goes into one tank system will not get put into another.

Porkchop
02-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Is that rust from the paint brush? Wouldn't that be bad? I'm not sure so I'm just asking.

Anthony

MostlyDiscus
02-11-2009, 03:13 PM
The mad professor strikes again. Hey, get rid of the rust and use a synthetic bristle. Great idea m8:D

Ed

Big Tuck
02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone.Porkchop,thanks for pointing out the rust.Like i said before my eyes arent what they should be. Found a brush without any metal,like suggested works good.Thanks all. Tuck

acroken
02-11-2009, 08:33 PM
great idea Tuck. eyes may not be what they used to be but you are still coming up with some ingenious inventions. Are you still offering advise on the artificial rearing nutty professor contraption? I plan on giving it a try this weekend and may need some advise:D water changes in these bowls are are getting old.

Kenny

Big Tuck
02-11-2009, 08:59 PM
He ackron,you bet,im here to help you any way i can.Im in this till every person who wants to build one has them up and running and working as i know they can and do. Tuck

Porkchop
02-11-2009, 11:31 PM
You're welcome Big Tuck. After a little over a week with my tanks being BB, I can see how handy that would be.

Anthony