PDA

View Full Version : Forrest's Fish Video

Eddie
02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Hey all,

Just a little video update of my seafood killers in action. They don't really mess around. One second you see it and the next you don't!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/th_Forrest2-1.jpg (http://s584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/?action=view&current=Forrest2-1.flv)

Eddie

rickztahone
02-12-2009, 03:16 AM
you just encouraged me to get a vid of my discus eating as well. mine have never ate with such passion though no matter what i feed them. they still finish everything though which is fine by me. expect a vid thread soon from me Eddie, thanks for the idea. i wish i knew where the heck my sony camcorder is, it's quite frustrating to be honest, haven't seen it for a while

rickztahone
02-12-2009, 03:16 AM
sry, forgot to mention that you fish look great. the blue scorpion looks great, do you have 2? it's kind of hard to tell from the vid

Eddie
02-12-2009, 03:45 AM
sry, forgot to mention that you fish look great. the blue scorpion looks great, do you have 2? it's kind of hard to tell from the vid

Thanks Ricardo, it's only been a week and they are growing like crazy already!

3 X Blue Scorpion/ 3 X Penang Eruption/ 2 X Pearl Diamond

Sorry about the video quality, still trying to figure out the best way to compress them and keep the quality. The original video is crystal clear. ;)

Eddie

vera
02-12-2009, 03:46 AM
Great vid Eddie:)
...and they still hungry LOL
thank u for sharing they look great!!!

forrest
02-12-2009, 08:33 AM
hi Eddie,
those fishes look great under your hand.the fishes seem like they like the food very much, must be something very delicious for the fishes.
thank for the update,im sure the fishes will be growing extremely well in your hand.

ALL THE BEST.

best rgds,
forrest.

Eddie
02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks Forrest, the quality of the fish makes a huge difference. I have never been able to literally notice the growth in a fish in 1 week. These guys are doing fantastic! ;)

I couldn't thank you enough for sending me such nice specimens.

Thank you,

Eddie

White Worm
02-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Those arent discus....those are piranhas. They look great and are eating with some serious gusto!

rickztahone
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
after watch this video again i must admit the pearl diamond is growing on me. do you have a side-view pic of them?

Eddie
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
after watch this video again i must admit the pearl diamond is growing on me. do you have a side-view pic of them?

I'll see if I can get one. I will mess around with the compression and see if I can keep the good quality of the video too.

Those arent discus....those are piranhas. They look great and are eating with some serious gusto!

I know, all the tanks kill the mix. It's like a frenzy every time!

Thanks for the comments
Eddie

Eddie
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM

Better quality video link was added Ricardo

Eddie

scottthomas
02-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Great looking fish. How often do you feed the seafood mix? I like seeing those blue scorps in a video. I would like to order some soon. Forrest fish do grow fast. I got some 3.5-3.75" fish from Kenny's DEC order and now two of them already are 5" and doing the dance together. Not sure yet if a pair but cetainly act like it bowing and shivering next to each other and picking at the intake tube. Will be interested to see more pictures of yours as they grow.

Scott

Eddie
02-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Great looking fish. How often do you feed the seafood mix? I like seeing those blue scorps in a video. I would like to order some soon. Forrest fish do grow fast. I got some 3.5-3.75" fish from Kenny's DEC order and now two of them already are 5" and doing the dance together. Not sure yet if a pair but cetainly act like it bowing and shivering next to each other and picking at the intake tube. Will be interested to see more pictures of yours as they grow.

Scott

Hey Scott, I try to hit them with 6-8 light feedings of the mix and 2-4 feedings with ON Prime Reef. That's my target anyways. They definitely get 10 light feedings no matter what, every day. I do 100% WC daily also to keep the tank spotless. Fish poo builds up fast feeding that often but I control with the WCs.

I'd really like to see some pics of yours too, especially the possible pair. The BSs are the biggest in my group and growing fast. Only had them a week now and already see growth. :shocked:

Thanks for the comment
Eddie

Cooldadddyfunk286
03-17-2009, 03:03 PM
hey Eddie! I loved that video, I got some of those same forrest fish commin to me from kenny in a few days! I was just wonderin if you could post me a link, or tell me what forum its in (probably right under my nose lol), for your seafood mix recipe. I have heard alotta good things about it and this video proves they love it!:D

thanks bud,

-Jason-

hedut
03-17-2009, 08:08 PM
here link of Eddie seafood mix http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=68857 .

hendri

Chad Hughes
03-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Eddie,

Cool video! I have to ask... what is up with that tiny sponge filter on the right side of your tank? It made me laugh a little when I saw it. It just looks so tiny!

Eddie
03-17-2009, 09:12 PM
here link of Eddie seafood mix http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=68857 .

hendri

Thanks Hendri. ;)

Jason, it's good stuff. My fish kill it and they are in top notch condition. Some have had mixed results but I find that different ingredients end up getting thrown in. If you need to substitute something, check up with on here and I am sure we can help you out.

All the best with your fish! Give them time to settle before blasting them with the mix. I used Hikari FBWs and Prime Reef initially for the first 3 or 4 days and then introduced the mix. After a day or 2, they were going bananas over the stuff.

Eddie

Cooldadddyfunk286
03-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Awesome! thanks Eddie and Hendri, I will check it out. I will give them some time before i hit them w the seafood mix, i feed w hikari FBWs and some mysis shrimp (i think thats it) and brine shrimp. they love them, along w some flakes and granuals and things like that...biogold...that good stuff. ur seafood recipe seems like a good alternative to beef hearts?

Ill be postin alot of pics this weekend when I get my forrest fish in from Kenny!
you guys be sure to check em out!:bandana:

-Jason-

Eddie
03-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Eddie,

Cool video! I have to ask... what is up with that tiny sponge filter on the right side of your tank? It made me laugh a little when I saw it. It just looks so tiny!

LOL, Chad, thats the QT tank sponge that gets put in the 10 if I ever have to QT a fish. ;)

Eddie

Chad Hughes
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
LOL, Chad, thats the QT tank sponge that gets put in the 10 if I ever have to QT a fish. ;)

Eddie

LOL! That makes sense! I was like ***? Have a good one!