PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Mrs. is Happy?

MostlyDiscus
02-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Ok peeps, thought maybe I would title this "ding ding ding round 2" but the fact is that it is indeed Valentines Day, so I had to put my bride in here somewhere or their might be trouble at the Most household:argue:

I am going to post some pics of the grow out tank rack I started tonight. Its not much, but for a procrastinator, like me, its the moon and back. As for the title, check out picture number 1. That is the basement where the stairs end up from the upper floors. Needless to say, everyone must pass(Monty Python). Understand, My wife will clean the whole house if some of my discus friends stay over. And that is just my Discus fruends. May the good Lord bless her, if only I could get here to wipe down some tanks:D. That would MOST likely mean more to my "D" friends but after 20 yrs of bliss who could ask for more. Anywho, I will keep you posted as the progress as it unvails itself. Now to shrink the pics.....Al, I know I dont owe you... But there is a underground movement of people I speak with that fan the embers of DEWLMs(Discus enthusists with Limited Megs) to post their prized pictures. Fame has its price...:bandana:

Eddie
02-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Looks like a nice object in the making Ed! Keep us posted with the progress and pictures.

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
It passes inspection. I had to bribe the inspector with Subway.

Eddie
02-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey Ed.....subway is good. ;)

Might have to try that one. LOL

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
02-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Hey BH,, when they start putting sushi on the subs there let me know...

MostlyDiscus
08-17-2009, 06:25 PM
A few more pics as things progress. Getting there. 6 40s on the middle rack now and a 125 off the back side. 6 more 40s and one more 125 to go. I did manage to get the 125 on by myself, Im not getting younger.

Ed

hedut
08-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Hei Ed, you have a lot of tank there:D and hm.. still empty on the top there and I believe you will put with some tank too:D:D good luck with you fish room.

hendri

MostlyDiscus
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Thx Hen, I will try to live up to your expectations. Hope you make the show in TX next year. Would be great to meet you.

Ed

Cooldadddyfunk286
08-17-2009, 08:09 PM
wowww, really cool man! I would kill for a fishroom like that. too bad Im not a handy man :( ...I wouldnt even know where to start LOL

Eddie
08-17-2009, 09:41 PM
That so funny Ed, you are building and adding tanks as you build! I'd do the same thing! Hopefully one day I can have myself a similar set-up! Looks great!

Take care,

Eddie

Scribbles
08-17-2009, 09:42 PM
Wish that I had a fish room. Looks like you are making good progress. What strains are you going to fill your tanks with?

Chris

MostlyDiscus
08-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Funny thing is Chris, everyone that comes down to THE ROOM gasps at the sight of the BDS(they really are average). BDs and 3Rs are on the menu ATM. I may cross Peter's Tangerines with the 3Rs. Kenny is cringing right now. The size on the tangerines would make for nice sized 3Rs. Thinking that direction. Thx for asking Chris:)

Ed

Discus-Hans
08-17-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi Ed, it all looks kind of familiar to me lol lol

Take the inspector with you the 29th.

You know a lot of people (read MAN) take their wives to my place and say, look how crazy this guy is, honey, I think I need to set up a few more tanks, but I promise I won't go as far as this idiot.
For some it works, for some...........the misses will say, before I end up with an idiot like Hans, let's cut it off NOW, no more tanks.

By the way, I see you had a fight with the corners in the filters too with the pond liner, lol lol

Good luck, looks good.

Hans

MostlyDiscus
08-18-2009, 09:28 AM
haha... I think my wife has other choice words plus idiot for me;). She gets upset with me when I park the larger tanks in the main traffic area of the basement. Cant really blame her. Its getting better though. Need to move a 45,70,90 and a 125 from there and 6 40s a 55 and a 125 from the garage. I used that xavan from Dupont for the liner. Half the wieght and you can staple it. Good eyes Hans. Sween and I spoke about meeting at your place btw. The 29th??

Ed

Discus-Hans
08-18-2009, 11:12 AM
Great man, looking forward to see you all, think it's going to be fun,

Hans

DonMD
08-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Ed, ~you should not be lifting a 125 by yourself! Just call me, I'll swing by to help with a heavy lift or two. You've got the number. No sense throwing your back out. And if you think you feel old, wait till you're on the living room floor on your back for 3 days:p I know wherefrom I speak!:bandana: Don

A few more pics as things progress. Getting there. 6 40s on the middle rack now and a 125 off the back side. 6 more 40s and one more 125 to go. I did manage to get the 125 on by myself, Im not getting younger.

Ed

MostlyDiscus
08-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Thx Don,

I did manage to get the one on but the upper one will be a b tch. I have a ton of BD babies about nickel size that I may throw in the 125 just watch them grow out evenly.

BTW I did manage to breed that SS pair from Truc. Had some wigglers that never made it off the cone. *shrugs* must have been that PP treatment. They are still guarding the dead eggs. Its been a week. Think Ill switch out the cone in a few days. Take care my friend and thx again:D:p;):)

Ed

truc_tuyen
08-31-2009, 02:57 PM
Ed,

Like Don said, let us know if you need help. We are not far away from you

Truc

Thx Don,

I did manage to get the one on but the upper one will be a b tch. I have a ton of BD babies about nickel size that I may throw in the 125 just watch them grow out evenly.

BTW I did manage to breed that SS pair from Truc. Had some wigglers that never made it off the cone. *shrugs* must have been that PP treatment. They are still guarding the dead eggs. Its been a week. Think Ill switch out the cone in a few days. Take care my friend and thx again:D:p;):)

Ed