PDA

View Full Version : DIY Satellite Sponge Filter

Eddie
02-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Just wanted to post a picture of my DIY satellite sponge filter I put together in a second since I was so annoyed with food getting stuck underneath. The fish would always have a hard time getting the food so I kept having to raise the whole thing until all the food was gone. Not anymore :D I know somebody else used to make something similar but I couldn't find the post.

Eddie

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/sponge/IMG_1110.jpg

Porkchop
02-24-2009, 01:11 AM
I just some how rig the air hose so the whole sponge hovers half way up the tank and now there is no more food mess. You might want to say what you used though just in case others are interested in doing the same.

Anthony

William Palumbo
02-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey Eddie...quit showing off that CLEAN tank. You're killin' me! It ALMOST makes me feel guilty about mine!...ALMOST...Bill

Eddie
02-24-2009, 04:09 AM
Hey Eddie...quit showing off that CLEAN tank. You're killin' me! It ALMOST makes me feel guilty about mine!...ALMOST...Bill

Come on Bill, you know I have OCD. I can't help but clean the heck out of my tanks. They get a 100% WC everyday and a wipe down too. Just so happens I took the picture after filling it.

The tanks do get dirty but just like somebody is coming over, I straighten before I present the domoscile.

Anthony, I just jammed a plastic pipe onto the bottom of the sponge filter and screwed on a cap. The pipe if filled with small rocks to weigh the sponge down so it stands upright all the time. ;)

Eddie