PDA

View Full Version : PH question

Civic
02-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Hi all. My PH from tap is 7.2. Water aged 24hrs shows 7.6 same as the water from my established tank. Is this considered a big fluctuation?

Al M.
02-26-2009, 01:15 AM
NOPE........

nesser
02-26-2009, 01:20 AM
How good is you re buffering after 48 hours of aggitated water?what are you're Kh readings and Gh.Fish in general can handel small gradual fluctuations of Ph due to plant photosynthisis and even bacteria,but most test kits aren't accurate to .1 or .o5 try and test in the morning and in the'night then split the differance.As long as you're aged water is at a constant with the Ph of the tank it should be good.If it still isnt buffering properly you can premix baking soda in youre water with caution 1tsp to 50gal ,but dont quote me on that because im tierd and I cant remember.

Patr1ck
02-26-2009, 04:16 AM
Not a big fluctuation. Discus arent as sensitive to fluctuations in ph from low to high. Its the other way around that causes them trouble. Another way to buffer your water(raise your KH) is to add crushed coral. Found at any LFS that has saltwater supplies. It lasts a very very long time. Just put it in a mesh bag in your filter. Just have to play with it alittle bit to get the amount needed right.

Pat

nickmcmechan
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
this is normal

your tap water is quite gaseous, and probably has some acidic gases in it. there is no need to worry about this pH change

as above you may find your kH is low...so sounds like good discus water to me!