PDA

View Full Version : turning dark when feeding...

sbobcat
03-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Hi,
I have 6 discus about 2" rsg/turk. They all eating well but everytime when feeding 3 of them turn dark and all the stress bars are shown. Just look like they are during the water change.It start with one now the other two doing the same thing. They all fighting for food and eating. Is it normal?

Temp 89
tank BB 30gal
w/c 70% daily
feeding Beefheart mix

Thanks in Advance.
Vince

FLGirl1977
03-06-2009, 09:00 AM
It's nothing to worry about... it's a dominance/sub-dominance issue (from what I've observed). Someone is probably throwing their 'weight' around during eating.... I've noticed this happen with my more 'cautious' fish while they're feeding.

Eddie
03-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi,
I have 6 discus about 2" rsg/turk. They all eating well but everytime when feeding 3 of them turn dark and all the stress bars are shown. Just look like they are during the water change.It start with one now the other two doing the same thing. They all fighting for food and eating. Is it normal?

Temp 89
tank BB 30gal
w/c 70% daily
feeding Beefheart mix

Thanks in Advance.
Vince

My fish do this too, not to worry as Renee stated.

I am not a genius but I think it's because the food is frozen and they devour it so fast. Maybe it's cold in there tummy's. A little indigestion...:o

Eddie

sbobcat
03-08-2009, 02:36 AM
My fish do this too, not to worry as Renee stated.

I am not a genius but I think it's because the food is frozen and they devour it so fast. Maybe it's cold in there tummy's. A little indigestion...:o

Eddie
Thank you for all your response, I think you nail it. Just like the cold drink I drank it too fast and i felt numb on my brain for a while.... I don't think I showed my stress bars anyway:o

Thanks again

Vince