PDA

View Full Version : Rena Smart Heater

seanyuki
03-24-2009, 01:08 AM
Just got this Rena Smart Heater 300 watts.....so far so good....unbreakable with indicator light....warning light flashes in event of abnormal temperature.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/th_Renaheaters.jpg (http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo232/aiseanyuki/?action=view&current=Renaheaters.jpg)

Cheers
Francis:)

poconogal
03-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Hey Francis, does it look like it can be cleaned inside since it serves as the filter intake? Also, when doing WCs, how much of the filter must remain in water, if any? Looks like a pretty large light too (is it?) and a flashing light for abnormal temp is a great idea! I hope it works well, awaiting updates. Maybe this is a heater that should be stocked in Connie's Fish Store in the basement? :p

BTW went shopping in C'sCS in the basement and came up with the Olympus Stylus 1010 which I'll have on Friday. I'll be able to take pics again (once I figure it out, that is)!

KDodds
03-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes, it can be cleaned inside like a filter intake tube. It does not, however, need to be used in this fashion. If you're using it with a different canister (non-Rena) and the tubing doesn't fit exact, there could be a rather large hole at the top in the back that will need to be screened in some fashion if you use it as an intake.

poconogal
03-24-2009, 07:52 AM
So it can be used like a regular heater too? Cool! I do have 2 Rena XPs but I also have Aqua Clears so its versatile! Hmmmm, I hope it works well.

Could probably use an adapter in the event someone's hose size is different than what the heater calls for?

KDodds
03-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Yes, they can absolutely be used like a regular heater, although I'd probably cap the top with screen to prevent fish from getting in. And I agree, versatile adapters should be included, at the very least from US to metric.

seanyuki
03-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Hey Connie,

That's good news with the camera....now you need to go down to the basement and look for Connie's ATM machine:p

Cheers
Francis:)

PS

The idicator light is quite big.....I will disassemble it :confused:whan my next tank maintenance:D

Hey Francis, does it look like it can be cleaned inside since it serves as the filter intake? Also, when doing WCs, how much of the filter must remain in water, if any? Looks like a pretty large light too (is it?) and a flashing light for abnormal temp is a great idea! I hope it works well, awaiting updates. Maybe this is a heater that should be stocked in Connie's Fish Store in the basement? :p

BTW went shopping in C'sCS in the basement and came up with the Olympus Stylus 1010 which I'll have on Friday. I'll be able to take pics again (once I figure it out, that is)!

leo1234
03-27-2009, 08:41 AM
i have a couple of this and they work great hooked it up so the filter very rieliable