PDA

View Full Version : Dual 11000 MCD LED moonlights...anyone use it before?

foundanewglory
04-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I am looking to buy moon lights/lunar lights. I was going for those tiny square modules that run between 15-20 bucks each but I believe that is way too much. On top of that links are needed which are about 12 bucks a piece..... I found this on D & T Aquariums: Dual 11000 MCD LED moonlights (http://www.dtpetsupplies.com/catalog/Lighting/Moonlights/Retrofit-Moonlights/Dual-11000-MCD-LED-moonlights/)

Hopefully I linked that correctly....

I was just wondering if anyone had an experience with them before or does anyone have a suggestion of a certain type to use. I saw from a thread someone used a light from tigerdirect....it's a great idea but of course space is limited.

Sharkbait
04-02-2009, 01:04 AM
I have these on my 90 gallon. Great moonlights. Wonderful colour, they give that cool flicker effect, and have great coverage.

My only complaint is the crappy attachment. Each light has two brackets that have double sided sticky tape. They can slip out easily I find, but it's not like I'm moving around my moonlights everyday.

Personally, sticky tape doesn't do it for me unless it's industrial. Trade that in for the good stuff and you're good to go. It also has screws if you wanted to screw it in somewhere.

HTH

Cheers