PDA

View Full Version : atlanta tap water discus

Peachtree Discus
04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
here's a few pictures of some of the discus i have been raising (more later)

these are from 2 separate spawns that hatched 1 day apart. they eat everything...including them pickin at my hand. i dont know the exact name/type. the red/orange are pb based. the coin on the tank (2nd pic) is a US dime. i'll post pictures of both pairs of parents soon

local pickup only....i have never shipped fish b4, :p sorry. enjoy!

This spawn was born on July 3, 2008. 9 months tomorrow.

Eddie
04-02-2009, 04:20 AM
Nice looking youngins you got there!

Eddie

Peachtree Discus
04-02-2009, 02:57 PM
thanks eddie. i have seen several beauties that you have.....that comment means a lot to me. :)

Peachtree Discus
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
more to come....

the turqs here are about 10 months but still growing out nicely. the turqs are a good month younger than the pigeons, so they should be even nicer over the next months or so. they are still getting 75%+ daily water change. in the 1st pic, you can see the discus directly in front of the US quarter is a bit smaller than the others - but still gives you some perspective.

turqs will be 11 months sometime after the 20th and the crosses will be 1yr end of april

Peachtree Discus
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
here's another of the same tank as above. the yellows and pinks are discus i am working on :idea:..long ways to go . they are crosses - so not available. the little butterfly runt :hat: is great at coming to the front when i have the camera

Big Tuck
04-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Hey Wes,those are some great looking fish!Are they from your own breeders?Looks to me like your doing it right,good work. Tuck

scottthomas
04-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Nice. You have a ton of babies. If I get some more fry soon maybe we can trade a few? Im 30 mins north of Atlanta.

Scott

Peachtree Discus
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
...Are they from your own breeders?Looks to me like your doing it right,good work.

thanxs a lot Tuck :). i just keep changing water and hope they turn out some fish that people will like. i was gonna skip their wcs tonight, but now i feel like i gotta do it (same as, pretty much, every night)

here are the parents. sorry about the crappy pic. they are some champion breeders. have u ever seen discus tear into their food? the female (on the right) will try to tear into anything that comes even remotely close to her eggs. if they raise a decent spawn, after a few days she turns on the male and they "break up" for a couple of months. :D:D

based on the date on this picture....i'll go update the posts with their ages

ikevi
04-03-2009, 12:36 AM
Hey DiscusMaker I sent you an e-mail. Anyways I live in midtown and was wondering what you were asking for some of your older turqs.

(And do you know about the AAAA, ie the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association?) There are a few of us who are either breeding or keeping discus.

(I have ~5-6 pairs though I haven't been keeping fry right now, and ~20 other adult discus.) But we have a few other members that are breeding too and we might try to get something organized together.

thebigone
04-03-2009, 02:40 AM
Wes those look like some nice discus you have there!:)

DiscusChris
04-04-2009, 12:54 PM
sent you a PM

Roxanne
04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
those are gorgous Wes...:)

Peachtree Discus
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
thanks rox :)

here's another picture of the pair. honestly, i cannot verify the line. i was just buying from a LFS and lucked out and got some really nice turqs. maybe not show quality, but they are some beautiful, healthy discus.

Niev
05-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Hello, I was wondering if you had any discus available for sale at this time. I live near Athens and would like to buy 3 or 4 discus to keep as pets. Thank you

Peachtree Discus
05-31-2009, 03:02 PM
i have discus available. pm sent

here are a couple of pics of the pb parents. this (1st pic) is the only picture i could find of them together. 2nd pic is the male

Peachtree Discus
05-31-2009, 03:04 PM
here is the female (...and the algae monster). unfortunately, i found her on the floor one day. tho i found her in time - she eventually :angel:

Peachtree Discus
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
....And do you know about the AAAA, ie the Atlanta Area Aquarium Association?....

i will be joining AAAA, probably today. I would really like to attend the monthly meeting in a couple of days, though i doubt my app/fees will be processed in time. i am considering NADA, as well

RLorts
06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Nice turqs and pics. Do you have anything available now? I have alot of Stendker strain snakeskins of various sizes. Possibly we could trade.

Peachtree Discus
07-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I got the parents from Petland Duluth back when they carried Stendker (and back before they closed :cry:). I'm 99% sure the male is a Stendker, but I just dont care to throw that around. i'm not sure about the female. IMO, a nice fish is a nice fish. I just lucked out that my LFS carried them. The fish manager just happened to be into discus. He and I bought up Discus Dave's stuff when he went more into rays and reefs and some other amazing fish

i may still consider a trade. got pictures of the parents?

fish pictured is 1 year old (not the daddy)

RLorts
07-02-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't have picks of my Stendker snakeskins. They are more blue than red. I got them from Hans at the ACA convention here last summer. The male took 3rd place striated and the female took 1st place striated and BOS discus. I took a chance they would pr and they did. I have 9 bar and 13 bar snakeskins 1/4" (new spawn), several dozen nickel to quarter size and a couple dozen left from 2" to 3".
Are you going to be able to make the AAAA picnic on the 11th?

jesstray
07-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Do you still have any discus for sell? If so what size are they and how much are you asking?

Peachtree Discus
07-03-2009, 02:38 AM
pm sent..............:sleep:

Peachtree Discus
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
...Are you going to be able to make the AAAA picnic on the 11th?

I joined early last month (right after the monthly meeting :( ). I will feel a little weird going to a stranger's house for a picnic on my 1st meeting, but we will probably go. what about u?

RLorts
07-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I'll be there. You don't need to be a member to come to auctions, meetings or outings. There looks to be a program on members tanks and fishrooms. If you like you can send yours to ikev and he'll include it. I'll be the guy there selling blackworms.

Peachtree Discus
07-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks to all that have inquired. all of the 1-year old+ discus have been sold.

I missed the AAAA picnic. I didn't think about it until the following Sunday. I put the August meeting on my calendar already, so I should be there....I'm looking forward to it. :)

mattdang
07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
Peachtree Discus, do you have any adult discus for sale? I am looking for 1 year or older discus. I am new to discus but not to aquarium. HOWEVER, I am on a budget, please let me know. Thanks

H82LOS3
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
here's a few pictures of some of the discus i have been raising (more later)

these are from 2 separate spawns that hatched 1 day apart. they eat everything...including them pickin at my hand. i dont know the exact name/type. the red/orange are pb based. the coin on the tank (2nd pic) is a US dime. i'll post pictures of both pairs of parents soon

local pickup only....i have never shipped fish b4, :p sorry. enjoy!

This spawn was born on July 3, 2008. 9 months tomorrow.

Thats alot, congratz!