PDA

View Full Version : air supply, need help.

MRQuad
04-05-2009, 12:44 AM
guys, i bought an AP-100 air pump that can carry 33 sponge filter.. for now, i want to supply air on two tanks for my quarantine.. it has manifold came with it (33 holes)..

the problem is, i want to use two holes for now for my hospital tank.. i can't seem to have it work because there's too much air coming out from the other holes of the manifold.. should i cover them? so that i can supply air to the tank that i want to use?

P.S.
sorry for my english.. i have a hard time explaining on what i want to be happen.. hope you guys understand what i mean.. :D:D

Graham
04-05-2009, 09:11 AM
Cover just enough holes to give the air that you want; do not cover them all. This would put back pressure on the pump and damage it.

MRQuad
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Cover just enough holes to give the air that you want; do not cover them all. This would put back pressure on the pump and damage it.
thanks graham for response.. what should i cover the holes with?

Graham
04-05-2009, 10:13 AM
You could use a bit od electrical tape or even some airline with a knot tied in it. Just remember that you have to bleed away as much air as possible. The least amount of back pressure the better

cyril
04-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Good idea bleed away as much air as possible..If you have a water storage tank you could bleed off some excess air into it.

MRQuad
04-05-2009, 01:22 PM
thanks guys.. how about an air stone on each hole?

Graham
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Most of the stones that we use are way too small and are crap to start with. They're not a good way to bleed off excess air...they add back pressure. You're better off just running some long airline off to an area where you can't hear the whistle from it.