PDA

View Full Version : Discus scratching?

machine77
04-16-2009, 02:02 PM
its seems whenever i do water changes, my discus seem to get alot more active, but my ? is this, is it common for them to scratch themselves on the plants, filter pick up tube and the moss balls i have in there? seems like the scratch there sides, by the gills.. could this be gill fluke? thanks for your help..
nolan

poconogal
04-16-2009, 03:49 PM
When you do WCs, do you have lots of bubbles in the tank?

Graham
04-16-2009, 04:01 PM
If they had flukes then they would be flashing all the time...since it only happens when you do a water change ...it's the water chnage...small bubbles like Connie asked will do it

Don Trinko
04-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Sometimes little peices of dirt are stired up during wc. I have seen these small peices stick to the slime coat on the discus. They then brush against something to try and remove it. Don T.

silent_thunder
04-16-2009, 04:40 PM
If they had flukes then they would be flashing all the time...since it only happens when you do a water change ...it's the water chnage...small bubbles like Connie asked will do it

Whats flashing all the time mean?

Thx

Graham
04-16-2009, 04:50 PM
When a fish rolls, rubs or twists/scratches onto an object it's called flashing.

Generally fish are lighter coloured in the stomach region than they are dorsally...so when they twist to rub on an object you see a ''flash'' of lighter colour

machine77
04-16-2009, 05:46 PM
yes i do have some bubbles in the water when i do my wc.. i think it could be exactly what you say, bubble and or dirt.. since i vacum and do wc at the same time and stuff does get stired up in the tank! thanks so much for your help! :)
nolan

hedut
04-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Use PP for 4 hrs and its gone after that it mean their is external parasite.

hendri

Eddie
04-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Use PP for 4 hrs and its gone after that it mean their is external parasite.

hendri

I wouldn't use PP. Its only air bubbles Hendri.

Eddie