PDA

View Full Version : ACA Who's going????

Discus-Hans
05-09-2009, 03:41 AM
Who's going this year to the ACA in Cin City??????

jerbear
05-09-2009, 05:53 AM
Hans,
I live in Columbus Oh and was thinking about going down there for the day. Since I am new to this Hobby was not sure if it would be worth it.. Sounds like you have gone before, is this an event I should not miss?

yim11
05-09-2009, 10:09 AM
Will be my first one and I'm looking forward to it!

Moon
05-09-2009, 11:23 AM
I'll be there. Hans are you bringig any discus for sale?

Discus-Hans
05-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Terry, I'll be there isn't that enough :angel: :D and if that's not enough as far as I know Master Cary Strong will be there too.

Joanne and I always see it as a few days away from everything (and still be around fish/Discus) we meet up with friends we only see at events as the ACA and OCA (other show we try to do every year)
Every year we go the group of friends is getting bigger and bigger, again if possible we won't miss it.

Will see you there Yim.

Moon, only fish I will be selling is the show Discus if anybody wants them :p most of the time they are sold before the show even starts.
We will not have a sales room, but my friend Cory from Bayleesfish will sell our Discus. I will bring a few boxes for him.
We want to enjoy the show and not be in a "sales room" all day, of course I will be around Cory a lot,

Hans

texasdiscusman
05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Thinking about it.Never been before

Mack
05-09-2009, 03:28 PM
Hans:
I'll see you there old friend. Drive safe.
Joe

Discus Plus
05-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Any idea if Cary will be bringing fish for sale? I'm thinking about going and would love to also pick up some fish.

bluesky5683
05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
What is ACA? When is ACA and where is ACA?(Sorry for asking stupid question)

ikevi
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
What is ACA? When is ACA and where is ACA?(Sorry for asking stupid question)

American Cichlid Association: http://www.cichlid.org/

I plan on going. This time I wont be working myself half to death like I did in Atlanta. (I was the guy that took care of all the donation fish and did setup most of the air for all the tanks, Hans was awesome and loaned us his drill bits which were a thousand times better than what we were using before.)

And Hans I can fully understand not wanting to do much work. That is my goal come this year.

alpine
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
BlueSky, here is the link to the ACA 2009
http://www.2009aca.com/
If you like dscus , Hans will have a nice array of show discus Cory will have some nice Stendker discus for sale from Hans . They might be other discus vendors and you will have a large group of people from NADA -North American Discus Association . It will be a FUN discus event as well as a Cichlid event and you are going to get a chance to hear a discus related lecture from cary Strong , a very well respected discus breeder .

Roberto.

GrillMaster
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
I know the ACA is gonna be great this year! Wish I could go but just have to many pressing issues at the moment. Hope you guys an gals have a great time and please post pics! :)

Elite Aquaria
05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
I may have to look into this...I am originally from Springfield Ohio so I could go visit the Family then come down to the show...

Condor
05-10-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm going to try to go, it depends on work. Sounds like it will be a great time.

Adrian

terps
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Have fun whoever is going. Post lots of pictures when you get back home!

bluwaters
05-13-2009, 02:17 AM
Who's going this year to the ACA in Cin City??????
I plan to go.
It will be my first ACA event and it looks like a really good line up.

Hans, I have some of your Discus from one of Cory's AquaBid auctions.
They are Red Scribbled.
I love these fish!
They are doing great and are always hungry!
I hope to meet you in Cin City.

Discus-Hans
05-13-2009, 02:49 AM
Looking forward to meet you Anna.

Cory and I both will be there.

The people of the ACA must really hate me :mad: they put me Saturday at 8am as a speaker, now people who know me, know what THAT means for me.
I will make sure my CD with the talk is there, if I'm still sleeping .................................................. .............. have fun, I will tell you later what the pictures are. If you've questions, see you around noon,

Hans

Fons_van_der_Hart
05-13-2009, 04:59 AM
The people of the ACA must really hate me :mad: they put me Saturday at 8am as a speaker, now people who know me, know what THAT means for me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

bluwaters
05-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Looking forward to meet you Anna.

Cory and I both will be there.

I will make sure my CD with the talk is there, if I'm still sleeping .................................................. .............. have fun, I will tell you later what the pictures are. If you've questions, see you around noon,

Hans

Well, just let us know where you will be on Friday night.
I'll be sure to make it to that talk!!! ;)

discusjoe27
05-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I wish I could go, but can't afford too. might hit up the austin tx at the end of the month.

yim11
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Hans

You got to be kidding me - your talk was the main one I plan to attend. I don't even get to work at 8am.

I agree w/the poster above, can we get an informal synopsis of the discussion friday night!??! Or like you say, we will find you around noon. ;)

Seriously though, is that 8am time in stone?

Discus-Hans
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
I know, hard to believe but that's what the schedule says :flame: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :coffee:

Hans

alpine
05-14-2009, 11:31 PM
Hans, sorry to hear that . But , when you get Lemons you make lemonade !
I will be up for your Presentation at 8:00 AM , Sharp .

Roberto.

Discus-Hans
05-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Roberto, think you will be the only one lol lol

Hans

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-15-2009, 05:37 PM
I wish I was able to go. School has me working hard, and work at the greenhouse never stops. Even though Cinci is my hometown, I cant go. Now unless someone is willing to pay my way through a "broke college student foundation", i'll have to see y'all in 2010. Take lots of pics and dont have too much fun without me.

-Ryan

ikevi
05-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Ouch 8 am... I tend to get up at 10 if I am lucky... Well the things we do for fish. I will be there Hans. Can't say I will be awake but I will be in the room. (But of course your entralling talk will keep us awake and sitting on the edge of our chairs.)

ShinShin
07-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Well, Hans, as it turns out, I will be able to make it to the show this year after all. At least Roberto and myself will be up at 0800 for your talk. Looking forward to seeing you all there once again.

Mat

Discus-Hans
07-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Well, Hans, as it turns out, I will be able to make it to the show this year after all. At least Roberto and myself will be up at 0800 for your talk. Looking forward to seeing you all there once again.

Mat

Now how can I cancel???? now Mat is coming:D:D:D

Great to hear buddy,

Hans

April
07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
well..you all have heard it before....april wont be going. lol. no passport yet..so cant even drive to usa now. ill work on that yet.
although id love to go meet hans and cary and hear their talks. one of these days yet.
but..i did have the pleasure of meeting mat with one T. so....ill work my way east one day. : 0
id say aca for anyone who hasnt been is well worth while. all cichlids..not just discus. ive heard over the years a good time had by all..and a great event with lots of discus to drool over .

Discus-n00b
07-20-2009, 12:02 AM
Ugh i had to cancel my trip this year. I'll be vacationing somewhere a little bit warmer. However 2010, count on seeing me there. Its definently a lock for next year. I had tons of fun in Atlanta, can't wait to see more.

korbi_doc
07-20-2009, 08:47 PM
:( Well, again I'm sad....can't make this one due to health problems...1st one I'll miss in long time, so guess I can't complain...I'll miss y'all & the fun & trips, etc....have fun everyone!!! send in lotsa pics....

Dottie ;)

yogi
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm also going to the ACA this year. Dottie we are all going to miss seeing you.

Now for a bigger announcement NADA is looking into doing a discus show in Dallas, Texas June 11th - 13th 2010. You will get to hear Discus Han's, Cary Strong, John Nicholson, and Al Sabetta speak. Other people we are looking at, but it will really come down to our finances with this show are Tony Silva, Heiko, Andrew Soh and Dick Au. No it won't be all of them from the last group, but one or two of them.

I think a realistic goal could be 100 people attending and 100 fish entered in probably 6 different classes. NADA is currently researching doing this and we should have a definite answer by mid September.

Discus-Hans
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
:( Well, again I'm sad....can't make this one due to health problems...1st one I'll miss in long time, so guess I can't complain...I'll miss y'all & the fun & trips, etc....have fun everyone!!! send in lotsa pics....

Dottie ;)

Sorry to hear Dottie, we will miss you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne brings her camera so don't worry she will make pictures,

Joanne just said we will think of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne & Hans

April
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
i hope your health problems are minor and you recover fast dottie.
take care of yourself.

alpine
07-22-2009, 05:21 PM
You mean to tell me I will not have anyone to argue with !
Dottie, we will miss you. get well and see you in Milwaukee next year .
Edit : See ou at Dallas next year !
Roberto.

Elite Aquaria
07-22-2009, 10:52 PM
I'm also going to the ACA this year. Dottie we are all going to miss seeing you.

Now for a bigger announcement NADA is looking into doing a discus show in Dallas, Texas June 11th - 13th 2010. You will get to hear Discus Han's, Cary Strong, John Nicholson, and Al Sabetta speak. Other people we are looking at, but it will really come down to our finances with this show are Tony Silva, Heiko, Andrew Soh and Dick Au. No it won't be all of them from the last group, but one or two of them.

I think a realistic goal could be 100 people attending and 100 fish entered in probably 6 different classes. NADA is currently researching doing this and we should have a definite answer by mid September.

That is great news...I will definitely be at this show...I have already penciled in the dates...:D

Discus-Hans
07-23-2009, 01:24 AM
I guarantee you 100 Discus minimum, if you want more, you get more,

Hans

Discus-n00b
07-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Requesting those LUCKY people going to the ACAs to take LOTS of pictures for us UNLUCKY folks not attending!!

terps
08-01-2009, 02:09 PM
ACA photo thread at monsterfishkeepers.com

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260530

rickztahone
08-01-2009, 02:25 PM
ACA photo thread at monsterfishkeepers.com

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260530

great pictures

SriAngel
08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Im having a blast in Cinncinatti, especially since my Albino won best of class. Its been hectic trying to rebuild my home, acclimate a new shipment and get ready for the ACA. I would like to dedicate this win, to the briskets i missed at Grillmasters NEDA meeting. I will post pics from the show when i get back on my sponsor section.

Eddie
08-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Im having a blast in Cinncinatti, especially since my Albino won best of class. Its been hectic trying to rebuild my home, acclimate a new shipment and get ready for the ACA. I would like to dedicate this win, to the briskets i missed at Grillmasters NEDA meeting. I will post pics from the show when i get back on my sponsor section.

Thats great news Angel! Glad you are having a great time! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Take care,
Eddie

alpine
08-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Angel, congratulations on the WIN (Big Win , lots of nice fish ! ) .. and it was good meeting you at the ACA .

Roberto Munoz