PDA

View Full Version : Summer NEDA meeting...

GrillMaster
05-10-2009, 05:38 PM
OK...Here we go... :D :D :D

The summer NEDA get together will be at my place on July 25th and 26th. Mark yer calenders! ;) :D :D

There are alot of things going on that weekend. I will elaborate a little more later. I just wanted to give everyone the dates for this event.

Stay tuned!! ;) :D :D :D

brewmaster15
05-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Mark,
I'm really looking forward to this one ! I think it will be the best yet!..Better have the Pool all cleaned out and running too my friend!:)

-al

mmorris
05-11-2009, 12:05 PM
Pool? Bathing suits? ;) What's the photography policy on this one? :D

brewmaster15
05-11-2009, 12:34 PM
Pool? Bathing suits? ;) What's the photography policy on this one? :D We'll cross that grand canyon when we reach it I guess.:)

-al

GrillMaster
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Whatever you would like it to be Martha. :) Were easy goin! :D :D

mmorris
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
So...'suits optional. :D

brewmaster15
05-12-2009, 06:30 AM
Martha,
Marks Pool is an in the ground one and as such....I might recommend people bring a spare change of clothes....Just in case one were to..uh...slip in.:) Its been known to happen at social events where there was a pool.:angel: I may have to bring several changes of clothes myself.:(

-al

poconogal
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Dammit, I was hoping to get to the summer bash, but we are going to be away the last 2 weeks of July. Oh well... the next one...

mmorris
05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Martha,
Marks Pool is an in the ground one and as such....I might recommend people bring a spare change of clothes....Just in case one were to..uh...slip in.:)
-al

Is that a threat? Revenge is sweet. :D

brewmaster15
05-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Is that a threat? Revenge is sweet. :DNope...read the rest...."I may have to bring several changes of clothes myself.:("

Just mentioning the liability of having the meeting at a home with a pool:)

-al

GrillMaster
05-23-2009, 05:32 PM
It has been brought to my attention from a couple of the NEDA members that an organizational meeting is in order to go over what exactly we need to do to pull the weekend event off this summer.

I completely agree! So...We will have a dress rehearsal (as Al put it} at my place June 20th at around 2:00 PM. This lil meeting will be to discuss various activities, food, parking, camping sites, large tents and canopy arrangement for the table an chairs along with cover for the karaoke and speakers, raffle items, etc...Plus everyone will have a better idea of what will be going on and where. I will even show ya my fish! ;) :D :D :D

It will be a casual meeting with the same things done as the other meetings. Grillin, beer, fish talkin, the usual. I hope alot of you can make it and of course we will make it worth the trip for everyone that comes. The more input we get from everyone the better this event will be. :)

So sound off everyone if you can make it! :thumbsup:

ashaysathe
05-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Oh Wow.. June 20th ... 99% I am gonna be missing this "dress rehersal"- its the weekend before my "big move" but sign me up for anything and everything.. I will be the paparazzi for the main event. Can't wait for Biskett and tikka masala with some home brew and nice Kendall Jackson.

GrillMaster
05-23-2009, 09:43 PM
Oh Wow.. June 20th ... 99% I am gonna be missing this "dress rehersal"- its the weekend before my "big move" but sign me up for anything and everything.. I will be the paparazzi for the main event. Can't wait for Biskett and tikka masala with some home brew and nice Kendall Jackson.

I know you would be here if ya could my friend! I also know you will help out in any way possibe! Take care of that move...We all know you need the room! ;) :D :D :D

Martha will take notes! :thumbsup:

mmorris
05-24-2009, 07:38 AM
OH jeez, secretary for yet another club! :D

brewmaster15
05-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I will be there!:)

-al

ashaysathe
05-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I know you would be here if ya could my friend! I also know you will help out in any way possibe! Take care of that move...We all know you need the room! ;) :D :D :D

Martha will take notes! :thumbsup:

Mark the same "no room" saga continues here as well but now its finished and walk out.. so dunno how I can handle that.

Detailed notes Martha... step-by-step break down and also a spot to setup cricket pitch (analogous to bases but only 2)

I will be there!:)

-al

I am gonna be missing this one... I am banking on the 1% of a chance that I have. Rashmi will kill me.
On a different thought Al if you are gone.. my fish.. hmm.. there is a chance.. :D :D :D

GrillMaster
05-25-2009, 03:12 PM
OH jeez, secretary for yet another club! :D

You take awsome notes!! :thumbsup:

and also a spot to setup cricket pitch (analogous to bases but only 2)

I wish I had half the room you dont seem to have! :D

You better bet on the 1% chance for the cricket field my friend!! Thats about the only way its gonna get set up...We have no clue. ;) :D :D :D

GrillMaster
06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
For those that were interested in attending the June 20th organiztional meeting,we will kick things off around 2:00 PM give or take an hour or so. I will be cooking baby back ribs and BB-Que chicken. There will be beans and potatoe salad as well. Please feel free to bring whatever you would like to add. Of course there will also be beer!! ;) :D :D

My address is:

293 Al Harvey Rd
Stonington, Ct 06378

It is very easy to get to!

From I-95N: Take exit 91.At the end of the exit ramp turm right. Follow that Rd for 1.4 miles. Take you second right. There are two streets very close together. The first right is Wheeler, the second right is Al Harvey Rd. I Live 1.3 miles on the left. The mail box has 293 on it...

From I-95S Take exit 91. At the end of the ramp take a left. Follow the same directions as above.

My house number is: (860)245-5933
My cell number is: (860)984-9012 (easiest way to reach me)

Hope alot of you can make it. We have alot of things to discuss and iron out. :)

Cooldadddyfunk286
06-08-2009, 11:01 PM
hey Mark, how long of a drive do you think it would be from Albany/Saratoga NY area (upstate, 3 hours north of NYC) to where you are in CT. any guess??

thanks,

-Jason-

GrillMaster
06-10-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi Jason...Mapquest says it will take ya 3 hours an 15 minutes from Albany international airport. :)

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Albany&1s=NY&1pn=airport&2c=Stonington&2s=CT&2a=293+Al+Harvey+Rd#a/maps/l:Albany+International+Airport+(ALB):Administratio n+Bldg+&35;+200:Albany:NY:12211:US:42.74228:-73.80905:address::1/l::293+Al+Harvey+Rd:Stonington:CT:06378-1905:US:41.393898:-71.923646:address:New+London+County:1/m::5:42.05235:-72.881592:0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

mmorris
06-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Is anybody staying over? If people are, camping might be fun. Does anyone have bn plecos for sale that could bring them along? Finally, will Terry be coming with frozen food?

GrillMaster
06-11-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey Martha...There is plenty of room for anyone who wants to stay the night via a tent!!

My daughter and son in law have already staked out there tent site! :D :D

Al will talk to Terry and see if he can bring the frozen food and driftwood again to this meeting. I am sure that he will! He will have an awsome time if he does! I think he knows it as well... ;) :D :D :D

patrick richard
06-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Mark,

How are you doing? Its been awhile since I've been able to see everyone. I have been watching my schedule at work, and it looks like I will be off. I will surely be heading up this time. Hopefully nothing happens during the week to change that. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. I will see everyone on Saturday.

Patrick

GrillMaster
06-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Pat!! Are ya talking about comin up for the (lets drink some beer and eat some ribs) on the 20th, or are ya talkin about the 25th and 26th of July blowout? Either way bud I know yer gonna be here but when exactly? :D :D

patrick richard
06-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Mark,

I will be at your door on the 20th. I am scheduled to work on the 25 & 26 of July, but I'm going to take one of the days off. I don't want to miss another get together. See you then.

Patrick

brewmaster15
06-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Great News Patrick! It'll be good to see you again!:)

Martha, I spoke with Terry last night and he's not sure if he will be at the big get together in July... busy time for him...he will however offer the same deal on Frzn foods as he did at the last get together...If he can't make it to the get together...Food will be delivered via The Brewmaster Delivery Van:) maybe some driftwood too.

-al

GrillMaster
06-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Excellent Patrick! I will throw on another slab of ribs. :thumbsup:

ashaysathe
06-12-2009, 10:08 AM
Patrick Patrick... now I have to come.. This time should I give you a ride?

mmorris
06-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Great News Patrick! It'll be good to see you again!:)

Martha, I spoke with Terry last night and he's not sure if he will be at the big get together in July... busy time for him...he will however offer the same deal on Frzn foods as he did at the last get together...If he can't make it to the get together...Food will be delivered via The Brewmaster Delivery Van:) maybe some driftwood too.

-al

Great, Al! I'll be interested in seeing some driftwood. I'll pm you my frozen food order. Now, who's got plecos?
Guys - camping over? Mark - campfire, perhaps? I think smores and beer probably go really well together. :)

GrillMaster
06-13-2009, 08:05 PM
camping over? Mark - campfire, perhaps? I think smores and beer probably go really well together. :)

There will be a couple of campfires going actually. One down below and another up by the house and the pool. I dont know about the beer an smores though. The kids will love the smores anyways! ;) :D :D :D

mmorris
06-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Who's staying the night?

brewmaster15
06-16-2009, 06:51 AM
Martha,
I'll be staying over for the big meeting...not for the planning meeting this weekend.

-al

GrillMaster
06-16-2009, 07:55 AM
There are a few confirmations for people staying over at the July meeting. As Al mentioned he is one of them. Paul (pcsb23) is another one. Noone is staying over night for the meeting this weekend though.

mmorris
06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm so looking forward to meeting Paul! I'll be seeing him in November, though, for the BIDKA discus show. :)

poconogal
06-16-2009, 12:42 PM
You're going to the Bidka show? I'd so love to go, but don't think I can swing it financially this year. Would be great to meet all our friends across the pond, though.

mmorris
06-16-2009, 01:26 PM
You're going to the Bidka show? I'd so love to go, but don't think I can swing it financially this year. Would be great to meet all our friends across the pond, though.

There's room in my suitcase. ;)

GrillMaster
06-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I just want to update everyone on the summer meeting after the organizational meetin we had Sat.

There will be three speakers for this event. Paul (pcsb23) will be flying in from England to honor us with his presence and giving a lecture about Discus across the pond and also going in to detail about how he set up the BIDKA show. We will hopefully be following in his footsteps next year when we put on our NEDA show. Al will be picking Paul up in Boston on the 23rd of July at around 3:00 pm and taking him back to his place. It is fitting that the Admin of Bidka and the Admin of Simply get aquainted! Its high time they met. Al will bring his wife, kids and Paul up to my place early Saturday morning. Paul will be in my care till I take him back to Boston on the 27th. :)

Al (brewmaster15) will also be giving a lecture. He has a various array of things to talk about but will wait and see who exactly will be attending before he commits to any particular topic.

Patrick Richard will give a presentation on how to set up a semi automated fish room. He has alot of knowledge on the subject over the past year and cant wait to share all of it with everyone else.

We marked out the camping spots for all those that want to come and have a great time not worrying about having to drive anywhere afterwards. A couple of sites have been booked though. Keep in mind there will be a huge breakfast the next day (Texas style). ;)

Martha (mmorris) took pages of notes and well we are waitin on her to compile them for the time schedule. Some of the things that I can think of at the moment are the meet an greet, speaker schedule, the raffle time, auction time, dinner, and a huge surprise for everyone at around 9:30. ;) :D :D

There will also be lots of things to keep any kids that will be here occupied! Volleyball, badmitton, horseshoes, a couple of bouncing castles, the pool, smores over the fires etc... Not to mention the 9:30 surprise. :)

A few have shown interest in donating to the cause. We appreciate all the interest and will PM each of you individually. A big thanks goes out to Angel(SriAngel)! :thumbsup: I got this bro!! ;) :D :D :D

Through the effort of a few good friends, a couple of area fish clubs will probably be attending as well. They will also be bringing things for auction...

Another thing we are doing is recruiting local fish shops to donate items to raffle or a 50/50 auction as well as inviting them to set up tables to sell various things related to the hobby.

If ya dont mind a 70 lb yellow lab lap dog (Martha can attest to this) peacocks squalking next door, or the dark, I think everyone is going to have a great time!! :thumbsup:

poconogal
06-23-2009, 11:12 PM
There's room in my suitcase. ;)
Why thank you! You know, I just saw this, glad there's enough time to practice folding myself up.

poconogal
06-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Wow, sounds like it'll be a fabulous get together, I'm so disappointed that I can't get there... :( I'm going to forward this to my friend and maybe she'll find a way...

mmorris
06-23-2009, 11:30 PM
Martha (mmorris) took pages of notes and well we are waitin on her to compile them for the time schedule.

Hi Mark, did you not get a copy of the notes? I sent them all out the following morning. I think everything's shaping up to be a wonderful event!

mmorris
06-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Why thank you! You know, I just saw this, glad there's enough time to practice folding myself up.

:D:D:D

scolley
06-24-2009, 07:59 AM
Wow! This is sounding REALLY exciting! While I would not have missed this for the world, now it's "not for the world... and the moon too! Mars maybe?" I dunno. :confused:

But either way, me and the missus are definitely there! ;)

pcsb23
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
It all sounds great Mark. I really cannot wait either! Looking forward to meeting loads of people too. It's going to be a blast!

ashaysathe
06-24-2009, 03:08 PM
It all sounds great Mark. I really cannot wait either! Looking forward to meeting loads of people too. It's going to be a blast!

Hey Paul - Mark has an excellent yard. Its upto us to set a cricket pitch. We will have a nice game here show them how "real sport" is played :D :D :D

Please don't say U follow soccer more than cricket.

dpt8
06-24-2009, 03:26 PM
I can't wait Mark !! Celeste and I will be there.. Ya need party mix, baked beans or cucumber sandwiches :9) See ya sooooon !! Thanks so much !! David T

GrillMaster
06-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi Mark, did you not get a copy of the notes? I sent them all out the following morning. I think every thing's shaping up to be a wonderful event!

Oh damn do I feel like a tube!! Yes Martha I did...Course I was sitting patiently waiting for it to show up in my PM...:o

Steve...It will great seeing you again my friend! We have alot a things to talk about. :)

Paul...Yes you are gonna have a great time..We dont wanna hear the jet lag excuses though... Plus I really dont think you will be able to keep up with us yanks anyways! ;) :D :D :D

Ashay...I really dont know what to say as far as the cricket thing. If you can set up the court, field, diamond, whatever you guys call it, feel free my friend! I bet Paul will play... ;) :D :D

Dave... Celeste's party mix is the ultimate! The cucumber sandwiches are right up there as well. Looking forward to seeing you guys again! :)

Here is the line up straight from Martha's notes that she emailed me the next day...:o

Saturday:
10:00 The committee will show up, coffee will be made available for early arrivals.
12:00 Meet and Greet
2:00 Al will present
3:00 Auction
4:00 Paul will present
5:00 Dinner
5:00 When dinner begins, there will be a round-table discussion on NE Discus show
6:30 Raffle
7:00 Patrick will present
9:30 Surprise
Sunday: `Hangover Breakfast (for the people that will be hanging over Saturday night) prepared over the campfire Texas style (GrillMaster)

One other thing for those attending. It will be a pot luck dinner for the most part. Martha will officiate and talk with all those that are planning on attending on what to bring so we dont have to many of the same dishes. If you would like to bring a meat dish please let Martha know so we can coordinate the menu accordingly. :)

We are talking with local "SD" sponsors at the moment to see what they would be willing to donate for raffle prizes. We are also talking to LFS's about the same. We are pretty confident that the auction and raffle will be a big success! Anyone that has anything that they would like to donate for the raffle or auction please let Martha know so we can add it to the list. :thumbsup:

One of the things planned as mentioned before is to have lots of tables set up from various clubs and businesses to sell things that would be pertinent to the hobby. There may be various club members(non Discus folk) here selling, raffling, auctioning (50/50) many different species of fish and other things not related to discus. It will just make it that much more interesting. ;)

I will be raffling off four brand new Aquaclear 500's and auctioning various things like external C02 reactors, a 55G tank with stand, hood and filters, a 5 stage RO unit, and various other things. To cut to the chase, there will be a lot of stuff here that people will wind up taking home with them! :)

Right now there will be three main tents (20x20's) I am sure there will be additions to that as we progress. One tent will be the music tent. There will be karaoke(I talked to my friend today) and regular music so please feel free to bring any CD's that you would like to listen to. The next tent will be the food tent and Patrick is bringing a 15x20 portable carport to house the raffle and auction items as well as the LFS's to set up there tables.

We are pricing pigs at the moment as well as briskets. Angel (Sriangel) has really vested an interest in the brisket department. I think I will leave this to him! :)

Al will be bringing his ultimate homebrew once again! :thumbsup:

There are so many things that are happening, its hard to let everyone know all the things that are being planned! We will keep everyone updated as we start locking it all in place.

tc

shawnhu
06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Yum... BBQ..

Oh, I mean there's also the great people factor too! :D

poconogal
06-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Hey Grillmaster Mark, there's some hope... maybe...

GrillMaster
06-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Hey Grillmaster Mark, there's some hope... maybe...

Well now Connie...You have just added a couple of sparks to the kindling. What do we have to do to make it a fire? ;) :D :D :D

poconogal
06-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Hmmmmm..... just cross your fingers... GM

pcsb23
06-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Hey Paul - Mark has an excellent yard. Its upto us to set a cricket pitch. We will have a nice game here show them how "real sport" is played :D :D :D

Please don't say U follow soccer more than cricket.I don't really like soccer at all, I used to to but it is now more about who can cheat the most.

Sadly I'm getting too old and achey to play cricket these days - I still think I can, until I try :o

Oh damn do I feel like a tube!! hey if the cap fits ...... ;)

Paul
...Yes you are gonna have a great time..We dont wanna hear the jet lag excuses though... Plus I really dont think you will be able to keep up with us yanks anyways! ;) :D :D :D I don't drink ;)

Ashay...I really dont know what to say as far as the cricket thing. If you can set up the court, field, diamond, whatever you guys call it, feel free my friend! I bet Paul will play... ;) :D :D I reckon we should give Mark a bat (and maybe a box ;)) and let him open the batting :bandana:

mmorris
06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
...soccer...
I don't drink ;)

GrillMaster
06-26-2009, 08:05 PM
Connie I sure hope you gals can come up! Martha needs accomplices! :D :D :D

Sadly I'm getting too old and achey to play cricket these days

Would you like us to arrange for a wheelchair for you getting off the plane Paul? Its complimentary ya know... ;) :D :D :D

hey if the cap fits ...... ;)

Fit pretty tight in that particular instance...:o

I don't drink ;)

I dont either!! Ask anyone!! ;) :D :D

I reckon we should give Mark a bat (and maybe a box ;) ) and let him open the batting :bandana:

Somehow this sounds like a cricket thing. Dont really know exactly what I would do with the box though... :D

I would knock that cricket ball into next week anyways!! You would have to put the fielders in the neigbors yard down the street! Them wickets wouldn't ever get touched...;) :D :D :D

GrillMaster
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a lil update...This event will be a catered "pig roast". A 110lb pig will be slow cooked for all to enjoy. We will also be cooking hamburgers, hotdogs, and chicken for those that dont care for pork. My son in law and I will be smoking a couple of briskets on top of that. Brisket makes great (Texas style) breakfast tacos the!! I (GrillMaster) will be makin the (hangover) breakfast Sunday morning!! ;) :D :D :D

Ardan
06-30-2009, 07:08 PM
:shocked::shocked::shocked:
WOW, you are going all out! Makes me hungry just reading about it:D
Sounds like a great time. Wish I could make it.
Have fun and post the results here for us to see:):):)

I don't drink
I dont either well, I will evaluate this after I see some pics and hear from witnesses. (please send me the truths by pm):D
Ardan

scolley
06-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Dude! Pig? You're roasting a pig?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE roasted fruit of the pig! Can't get enough!

Woaaa... this is turning out to be a major event! I can't wait! :):):)

korbi_doc
06-30-2009, 09:21 PM
:waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa:

Vieira
06-30-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds like alot of fun.

brewmaster15
07-01-2009, 04:04 AM
Sounds like alot of fun.
Come on down...it will be worth it! and if you are the camping type....Marks property will accommodate tents and campers:) If not there are area hotels in easy driving distance!

-al

mmorris
07-01-2009, 09:55 AM
:waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa::waaa:

Dottie! You can do it again! You just must must come!

Can I remind folks if you have some idea of what you may be bringing, would you let me know? This goes for food, beverages and auction items. I won't, of course, hold you to it although if you promise some of that famous homebrew and none appears, it may mean a quick, unceremonious toss in the pool. :D
Martha

brewmaster15
07-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I won't, of course, hold you to it although if you promise some of that famous homebrew and none appears, it may mean a quick, unceremonious toss in the pool. :D
Martha Hey now! :mad: Threatening the sudsmaster;) will get you no where fast...I respond much better when I am showered with gifts,kindness, and respect..rather than chlorinated pool water!:D:D:D:D

-al

mmorris
07-01-2009, 10:33 AM

Vieira
07-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Come on down...it will be worth it! and if you are the camping type....Marks property will accommodate tents and campers:) If not there are area hotels in easy driving distance!

-al

I would love to go, if wasnt for a wedding reception that my wife is making me attend I would so be there. But you know she is the boss:)

mmorris
07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Richard. It would be nice to meet you. You're not far from me. Let me know when you can pop over.

Vieira
07-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Richard. It would be nice to meet you. You're not far from me. Let me know when you can pop over.

I would like to do that one day, to bad none of the events carry over to Sunday I would go down Sunday love to order some Als Discus meal.

poconogal
07-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey now! :mad: Threatening the sudsmaster;) will get you no where fast...I respond much better when I am showered with gifts,kindness, and respect..rather than chlorinated pool water!:D:D:D:D
-al
Well, yes, but the chlorinated pool water will be much more fun! :p

GrillMaster
07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I would like to do that one day, to bad none of the events carry over to Sunday I would go down Sunday love to order some Als Discus meal.

This one does carry over to Sunday! Thats why there will be alot of people camping here. :)

I know Al is bringing his beefheart along with his home brew and I am sure there will be some left over...The beefheart that is. ;) :D :D :D

If we know your gonna come down Sunday, we might save ya a couple brews... :D

GrillMaster
07-01-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey now! :mad: Threatening the sudsmaster;) will get you no where fast...I respond much better when I am showered with gifts,kindness, and respect..rather than chlorinated pool water!:D:D:D:D

Well we will shower you with gifts, kindness and respect, then throw ya in the pool!! :D :D :D

After we have verified the home brew made it safely here! :thumbsup:

brewmaster15
07-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Warning...payback is a royal $!#@&;):D:D:D.... I may be small...but I never forget when someone Pushes me;)... In.:D:D:D

and Martha...I'll bring a waterproof Camera;)

Let the games begin!:)

-al

mmorris
07-01-2009, 01:20 PM
and Martha...I'll bring a waterproof Camera;)

-al

Now there's a threat!!! :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:
So you'll be bringing lots of brew then? :D

poconogal
07-01-2009, 03:38 PM
If I get there, I'll hold onto the home brew when the Brew goes into the water... while you take the pics with the waterproof camera... :D

mehran
07-01-2009, 04:54 PM
I am not going to miss the meeting this time. I can bring some plants for auction too. (100% of sale goes to defray the meeting cost).
Mehran

brewmaster15
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Excellent Mehran!!

I am looking forward to seeing you again! and please do bring some plants along for auction!!:)

take care,
al

mmorris
07-01-2009, 05:21 PM
(100% of sale goes to defray the meeting cost).
Mehran

That's great, Mehran, donations are really appreciated!

Vieira
07-01-2009, 06:29 PM
This one does carry over to Sunday! Thats why there will be alot of people camping here. :)

I know Al is bringing his beefheart along with his home brew and I am sure there will be some left over...The beefheart that is. ;) :D :D :D

If we know your gonna come down Sunday, we might save ya a couple brews... :D

Well if thats ok with you Mark, my wife and I might head up thier early Sunday morning. As far as saving couple brews I rather have some bacon.

GrillMaster
07-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Well if thats ok with you Mark, my wife and I might head up thier early Sunday morning. As far as saving couple brews I rather have some bacon.

Sounds great Vieira! We will be here. :)

There will definately be bacon, sausage, potatoes, cheese, salsa and anything else we can find to wrap a flour tortilla around! ;) :D :D :D

Oh and lots of coffee. Have to have coffee. Maybe even a cup of "tea" for Paul...:thumbsup:

gotfish?
07-03-2009, 06:29 AM
you guys on the east have it going on! sigh...someday my fellow west coast peeps will think of something cooler...someday!! LOL :D:D

oh BTW, if anyone is familiar with monsterfishkeepers the annual thingy is on august. last year it was 10 bucks admission that includes food and a free tshirt :D they raffle aquarium equipment and fish (won a fluval 405 and a couple of bichir last year:D) anyways its to meetup fish people mostly around southern cali. crowd is mostly "monster fish keepers" so help me wave our discus flag around LOL if any simply folks wanna go let me know so i can add your name on the list and give your Tshirt size ;):D

brewmaster15
07-03-2009, 08:25 AM
oh BTW, if anyone is familiar with monsterfishkeepers the annual thingy is on august. last year it was 10 bucks admission that includes food and a free tshirt :D they raffle aquarium equipment and fish (won a fluval 405 and a couple of bichir last year:D) anyways its to meetup fish people mostly around southern cali. crowd is mostly "monster fish keepers" so help me wave our discus flag around LOL if any simply folks wanna go let me know so i can add your name on the list and give your Tshirt size ;):D

Benedict,
Start another thread about this in the clubs and meetings section. It may be a great way to get a discus group going by meeting there.

good luck,
al

GrillMaster
07-06-2009, 06:54 PM
I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Anyone planning on attending please PM Martha (mmorris) so she can coordinate the food and beverage items. :)

There are various things that we really could use like paper plates, cutlery and ice. Those sort of things.

Another thing I wanted to post is anyone attending that would rather stay in a hotel that weekend please PM me and let me know. My sons girlfriend works at the Comfort Inn in Mystic and can get a 50% discount or better for that weekend for anyone wishing to stay there. My wife and I have actually stayed there and it is a very nice hotel!! :)

I would need confimation soon though. If ya wait till the last minute the chances of getting a room at the discount price will be slim. If anyone is familiar with this area, they know that the local hotels get real proud of their rooms on the weekend!! They book up fast with the local casino's. The weekend rate for this hotel is $185.00 but your price will be $65.00 so let me know soon! Once you let me know, I will give you the contact info and you will be good to go. I'll set the minimum deadline for 7/13 (next Mon) for getting a head count. As the date gets closer, like I said, the chances of being able to booking a few rooms will get slimmer at that price.

No Al...No Comfort Inn for you!! ;) :D :D :D

mmorris
07-06-2009, 07:16 PM
My sons girlfriend works at the Comfort Inn in Mystic and can get a 50% discount or better for that weekend for anyone wishing to stay there.

Since people are asking me - is that price for one person or two?

GrillMaster
07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Since people are asking me - is that price for one person or two?

Two Martha. :)

Richweg
07-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Just read about this event and it sounds super. Been looking for a discus group (just started discus in January) and would love to join the crowd, learn about discus and make friends. Unless something comes up I will see everyone on the 25th. Will contact Martha about bringing something.

RichT
07-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi All,

Count me in on this get together. Gonna be my summer vacation. My oldest and youngest kids and a friend want to tag along. I think they plan on dropping off the "ole man" and ck out the town.

Rich

GrillMaster
07-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Just read about this event and it sounds super. Been looking for a discus group (just started discus in January) and would love to join the crowd, learn about discus and make friends. Unless something comes up I will see everyone on the 25th. Will contact Martha about bringing something.

Great Rich!! We would love for ya to join the crowd! See ya in a couple weeks...:D

Hi All,

Count me in on this get together. Gonna be my summer vacation. My oldest and youngest kids and a friend want to tag along. I think they plan on dropping off the "ole man" and ck out the town.

Look forward to seein ya Rich! I bet when yer kids get here they wont wanna leave...;) :D :D :D

The names will be pretty easy to remember. :D

brewmaster15
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Hey Rich!

Thats Great news! I had a really great time talking with you when we met up at Han's place, it'll be really great to shoot the breeze again with you..:) Now we just need to make sure that Rob and Tom make it up from NJ as well.:) ( hint guys!)

-al

RichT
07-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Al,

Gonna be a lot of fun. I am looking forward to talking discus again. I think I'll whip up a batch of cannolis for desert. But than again my kids won't leave.

Rich

subcooler
07-09-2009, 06:05 PM
Hey Rich!

Thats Great news! I had a really great time talking with you when we met up at Han's place, it'll be really great to shoot the breeze again with you..:) Now we just need to make sure that Rob and Tom make it up from NJ as well.:) ( hint guys!)

-al

Al,
I been silent so far about attending, as we both know plans fell through the last couple of meetings:mad:

Mark is forcing my hand with the news of reasonable weekend rates for a room & Comfort Inn's website showing pics of local lighthouses(another interest) is pushing me over the edge.

I expect to be there-I'll use early b.-day present (7/30) for an excuse to travel !

I'll PM Mark & get the room reserved , then it's too late to miss the summer meet!

Thanks for the hint!

Rob

GrillMaster
07-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Mark is forcing my hand with the news of reasonable weekend rates for a room & Comfort Inn's website showing pics of local lighthouses(another interest) is pushing me over the edge.

Would love to see you here Rob!! :)

Unfortunately there was a miscomunication issue with my sons girlfriend, Comfort Inn's Manager and myself. They called today and told me that the $65 rate that I was quoted was a mistake. Which I actually figured was to good to be true. They explained to me that weekend rates during the summer time are $199 a night (tourist season in Mystic), but they will give NEDA members the room for $129.

I personally would stay in a tent before I paid that but thats just me. ;) Wait I pay $220 everytime we go to NYC for the weekend...:)

I was pretty put off by that whole transaction. A little pissed actually. I pulled out the phone book and called all the local hotels. The prices are pretty much the same except for the Flagship Inn (info below).

If you would like to stay in the Comfort Inn for that reduced price here are the details.

48 Whitehall Ave Stonington, Ct
(860)572-8531

Call and mention the NEDA meeting when you book the room.

The other option is...

Flagship Inn & Suites
470 Goldstar Hwy
Groton, Ct
(860) 405-1111

The rooms are $70 a night and virtually a straight shot to my place. In other words you will make one right hand turn from the hotel to my place 5 miles down the road. Not a 4 star hotel but not to bad. :)

They have 10 rooms at the moment for that weekend so you should probably make the reservation ASAP!!

All the hotels fill up fast here on the weekends with the casino patrons and the tourists.

Rob you can see the lighthouses just as good from the Flagship... ;) :)

BTW....My B-day is (7/31) :thumbsup:

subcooler
07-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Would love to see you here Rob!! :)

Rob you can see the lighthouses just as good from the Flagship... ;) :)

BTW....My B-day is (7/31) :thumbsup:

Mark,

Thanks for all the effort your putting into making this summer meeting a event not to be missed!

I'll finalize plans & get the reservation later today-gottta make this happen-had to much fun @ other NE Discus events to miss this one!

Looking forward to meeting new members & Paul(chances of seeing him in his town are slim!)

Happy Early B-Day to you Mark!

acroken
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
I will be there! I had such a great time at the last one:D So many truly nice and interesting people. I have an extra tent if anyone needs one. I am really looking forward to this:D Camping, discus, beer and lots of good people. SD rules!

Kenny

ashaysathe
07-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Hey Guys.. been a while Phew.. finally moved and 75% unpacked... man that was stressful.. can't wait for life to be back to normal again.
Pig Roast -- hmm .. thats interesting. should be fun. Auction even more fun.. I have to get my act together.
How have you guys been?

GrillMaster
07-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Mark,

Thanks for all the effort your putting into making this summer meeting a event not to be missed!

I'll finalize plans & get the reservation later today-gottta make this happen-had to much fun @ other NE Discus events to miss this one!

Looking forward to meeting new members & Paul(chances of seeing him in his town are slim!)

Happy Early B-Day to you Mark!

Hey Rob...There a few NEDA members workin their tails off for this event. Not just me...:D Martha (mmorris) is doing alot of organizing for the event behind the scene. :)

We will have to toast to the 30th and the 31st! :thumbsup:

Patrick Richards and Ashay will be up early Sat morning helping set up what ever we dont get done Friday night. We will actually have 3 large tents set up in variuos places. One for the food, another for the music, auction and raffle, and Patrick is bringing a large one as well to set up the tables and chairs for the days presentations and to sit and eat.

The horse shoe pit will be built tomarrow. My son, son in law and myself are gonna whip this place into shape this weekend. :D

The guys will start cooking the pig at 11:00 AM and it will be ready around 5:00-5:30 PM. We will start smoking the briskets around 4:00 AM Saturday morning to be ready around the same time.

There will also be 3 grills going with Hamburgers and hot dogs throughout the day for those that will arrive early and would like to grab a lil something to eat till dinner is ready to go.

I have been in the pool a couple times and the water is actually pretty nice in spite of the cool summer we have been having. :)

Everyone please bring a camera!! I am sure there will be a few kodak moments around the pool, especially when Al is close to it!! ;) :D :D :D

Also please feel free to bring your favorite music CD's. I am working on the karaoke set up at the moment which will also be used for the raffle, auctions and announcements.

Its looking like we will see quite a few new faces and as always its good to see all the familiar ones. :)

GrillMaster
07-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey Guys.. been a while Phew.. finally moved and 75% unpacked... man that was stressful.. can't wait for life to be back to normal again.
Pig Roast -- hmm .. thats interesting. should be fun. Auction even more fun.. I have to get my act together.
How have you guys been?

Glad to hear yer just about done with the move Ashay! :)

mmorris
07-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Oh good! I needed an excuse. :D
Would you like people to bring lawn chairs?

GrillMaster
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Oh good! I needed an excuse. :D
Would you like people to bring lawn chairs?

We will have about 30 chairs, give or take 10 or so, but it would be great if people would like to bring their comfy ones...:D

I will be renting tables and chairs from the base here but I dont know what type of chairs they are. I imagine they will be those metal ones. I also have a dozen or so plastic lawn chairs and 6 of the folding camping chairs. Ya know the ones with the built in beer holders...;) :D :D :D

subcooler
07-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey Rob...There a few NEDA members workin their tails off for this event. Not just me...:D Martha (mmorris) is doing alot of organizing for the event behind the scene. :)

:)

I stand corrected-I should have said " Thanks all for all the effort being put out to ensure this summer meeting is a huge success!"
There's too many to name individually:)

I'm definately looking forward to catching up with the members I already met & meeting all the new folks who have been making the last few meeting(that I missed!)

I'm still trying to workout all the details of the trip-Trying to get thurs. night tickets to a Bridgeport Concert, so maybe arriving early.
If that falls through I'll be trying to twist Tom(Organic Farmer) arm & see if he can work this roadtrip into his schedule.We had a blast on the roadtrip to Baltimore visiting Han's place.

Peace,
Rob

mmorris
07-11-2009, 11:07 AM
People have been pm'ing me with some great food ideas! Besides the grill, we have home brew, nacho-pasta chicken curry dish, bottles of water, some soda, cannolies, two batches of baked beans, cucumber sandwiches, party mix (love it!) and one package each of paper plates, cups and napkins.

We could use more paper plates, cups and napkins, and so far noone is down for anything pasta, vege or fruit. Snacks and another desert or two would be nice as well. Please let me know what you would like to bring, folks, and I look forward to seeing all of you at the meet!

GrillMaster
07-11-2009, 03:06 PM
I wanted to let everyone know that I went to the Flagship Inn today and put a deposit down on 10 rooms.

It will be a room with a double bed for $70. If you would like 2 double beds it will be an additional $15.

When you call to reserve the room tell them your with the NEDA group, tell them my name (Mark Henry) and you will be all set.

You have a week to book the room, after that the rate will go up. Sorry but that is the best I could do with all the tourists in the area. :)

Again here is the info...

Flagship Inn & Suites
470 Goldstar Hwy
Groton, Ct
(860) 405-1111

GrillMaster
07-11-2009, 08:03 PM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=71069

:D :D :D

BOBT00LS
07-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I've been following along this thread and holding out until I knew for sure, but I can finally let it be known that I will be attending this meeting and looking forward to meeting all of the attendees.

Martha I will be in touch with some auction items.

See you all soon !

Bob

csarkar001
07-14-2009, 10:52 PM
trying to get a hall pass for the 25th. not sure if i'll get it. (may require a jewelery purchase ;) )

anyway, is last minute notice acceptable? i'm about 75% certain i'm coming.

would be great to put some faces to all these names.

--chandan

mmorris
07-15-2009, 09:58 AM
That's great to hear, Bob! I look forward to meeting you. Chandan, you do what you gotta do. ;) Last minute is perfectly OK - we'll be happy to see you. :)

GrillMaster
07-15-2009, 06:05 PM
That's great to hear, Bob! I look forward to meeting you. Chandan, you do what you gotta do. ;) Last minute is perfectly OK - we'll be happy to see you. :)

Ditto!! I know you have been trying to get to a few of these meetins Bob! Glad to hear you will be able to make this one...:thumbsup:

Chanden...Hope you can get the hall pass bud! There will be people here that we dont even know are coming, so the last minute thing is no problem at all! ;) :D :D :D

dpt8
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Mark, Are we going to have name tags for this meeting ?? I know our usual 12 or so but seems like there will be a lot more discus nuts this meeting !! We could write our real name and our avatar name on the tags.. David

GrillMaster
07-15-2009, 06:57 PM
Mark, Are we going to have name tags for this meeting ?? I know our usual 12 or so but seems like there will be a lot more discus nuts this meeting !! We could write our real name and our avatar name on the tags.. David

Well just start introducin yerself to everyone and everyone will just follow suite! ;) :D :D :D

Say... "Ya know then cucumber sandwiches? Well they came from me...Also you know the trail mix...It came from Celeste, my other half.( or better half how ever ya look at it)" :D

Everyone will know ya then my freind!! :thumbsup:

Organic Farmer
07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
I too would very much like to attend.Subcooler was nice enough to offer me a ride,so please count me in.Should be the highlight of my summer,cant wait to see you all soon. Thank you. Tom

brewmaster15
07-15-2009, 07:12 PM
I too would very much like to attend.Subcooler was nice enough to offer me a ride,so please count me in.Should be the highlight of my summer,cant wait to see you all soon. Thank you. Tom Awesome Guys!!:)

-al

mmorris
07-15-2009, 10:38 PM

I'm with David on the name tags. I've never liked the things, but this is a time and place...Shall I bring some along, and we'll make it optional?

GrillMaster
07-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Sorry Martha...No Name tags!! Were gonna just have to introduce everyone at this function... :)

Makes it a lil more informal! ;) :D :D

Rob....Thats great yer bringin Tom with ya! You guys will have a great time!! :D

GrillMaster
07-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Sorry Martha...No Name tags!! Were gonna just have to introduce everyone at this function... :)

Makes it a lil more informal! ;) :D :D :D

Hey everyone... If you would like to wear name tags please feel free! It might be a good idea after all with the new people that will be showing up. :)

If someone would like to volunteer to make them up or buy the sticky things by all means your quite welcome to do it. :thumbsup:

I myself really dont want to wear one. :)

subcooler
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I too would very much like to attend.Subcooler was nice enough to offer me a ride,so please count me in.Should be the highlight of my summer,cant wait to see you all soon. Thank you. Tom

Let me set the record straight:
My wife was nice enough to say "Sure bring your fish buddy Tom along with us on our weekend in CT"

Someone should start a thread about spouses of us discus nuts-They sure put up with alot!:o

See ya' all next weeeknd,
Rob

mmorris
07-16-2009, 07:58 PM
I'll bring name tags, since I'm bringing auction stickers as well. Mark? Mark who? :D

dpt8
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
haha Head-strong WOMAN... haha You crack me up Martha.. !! huh huh huh

brewmaster15
07-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Let me set the record straight:
My wife was nice enough to say "Sure bring your fish buddy Tom along with us on our weekend in CT"

Someone should start a thread about spouses of us discus nuts-They sure put up with alot!:o

See ya' all next weeeknd,
Rob

well then...Rob...start writing one up:D....and I'll definetly add to it!:)

-al

mmorris
07-17-2009, 09:25 AM
I've asked a couple of people to bring paper plates, cups, utinsels and condiments but I haven't heard back. If you are able to bring these things, would you please let me know and tell me how many? Much appreciated!

acroken
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Martha,
I will bring the paper plates,cups, utensils. How many people are you anticipating?

Kenny

mmorris
07-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Great, Kenny. We have no idea how many will come. Unused ones can always be saved for the big discus bash of '10. :D

brewmaster15
07-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Speaking of numbers attending... This is something we need to get a handle on ...only days to the meeting and Mark will be out getting much needed supplies soon... I have to ask everyone to please let Martha know 3 things...

one...ARE YOU ATTENDING.
Two... How many of you, family and kids included will there be.
Three... What if anything you could bring.

We've got alot of the basics down but I'd like to see if we can get some of the following items committed to...

1.Large commercial type coffee pot...we have a a 25 cup one coming....anyone have another one.
2. Coffee...5lb cans ...maybe 2 regular
3. Pasta dishes... anybody make a killer macaroni salad?
4. Desserts...Cookies and Brownies etc.... can never have enough of them:)
5. Veggie salad for health conscious
6. Potatoe salad?
7 rice dish? MMMMM>..that would compliment the roasted Pig perfect.

Kenny,
Thanks for the offer..I'd suggest service for 30-50 as a start... we'll be having lunch and dinner... Others that have any un-needed plastic and paper wear are welcome to bring it too. Some of the food may be a tad messy:).

Okay everyone... Thanks so much for pitching and helping...This is going to be a real blast....new faces, old friends, good food and Discus-sions.:)
-al

ps... again please do let us know if you are coming....walkins are welcome too...but head counts help.

GrillMaster
07-17-2009, 09:58 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know I also have a couple of extra tents for those who feel like hangin out and wakin up to a trail ride breakfast!! :D :D

I will be pitchin a tent down there by the fire as well. First come though and I will be the first one there. :bandana:

I would also recommend that you guys an gals bring some bug spray along with ya. The mosquitoes are a lil aggressive around these here parts!!
I am ammune to em right up to the time they bite me! ;) :D :D

I'll bring name tags, since I'm bringing auction stickers as well. Mark? Mark who?

No "Mark" at this event Martha...Just the

Grillmaster!!! :thumbsup:

Disgirl
07-18-2009, 10:42 AM
Gee, the rest of us who can't come are sure gonna miss out on a lot of fun:(.
Barb

mmorris
07-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Are you really SURE you can't come? :)

BOBT00LS
07-18-2009, 11:35 AM
To all those attending, I would like to let you know that I am bringing 10 Rose Red fry (dime size) and 10 Gold Millenium fry (quarter size) to auction off with 100% of the proceeds going to Simply. I thought I would inform those interested so that they could have a tank ready when they get them home.

Bob

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/7-10-09005.jpg

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr64/BOBT00LS/RoseRed6-5-09008.jpg

mmorris
07-18-2009, 11:48 AM
That's awesome Bob and those are some really sweet fish. I look forward to bidding on them!

Disgirl
07-18-2009, 03:55 PM
Are you really SURE you can't come? :)

I would if I could but I can't, husband isn't well :( and couldn't take the trip right now, maybe next time...
Barb

mmorris
07-18-2009, 05:52 PM
I would if I could but I can't, husband isn't well :( and couldn't take the trip right now, maybe next time...
Barb

Oh Barb, I'm so sorry to hear! :sad:

GrillMaster
07-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Thats outstanding Bob!!! :thumbsup:

I will have the tanks ready for ya...See ya Saturday. :)

BOBT00LS
07-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Thats outstanding Bob!!! :thumbsup:

I will have the tanks ready for ya...See ya Saturday. :)

Thank You Mark for going out of your way to accomodate these auction discus. Im looking forward to meeting you.

Bob

Eyecandy
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi.. Well I waited til the last minute when I was sure about our timing.. Sadly we can't get the dog/house sitter so that we can be there:(:(.. So gonna have to catch the next one... We will be coming out after the first of August instead.
Mark, if we have time, and you are available, we will try and hook up with you as we failed to do it last time.. Oysters/clams and beer??? We've had lookers but no real takers on the house here yet but still plan to move to Conn whenever the sale happens. Hopefully soon as the grandkids are growing up really fast and we are missing out on alot..
I know everyone will have a great time.. Have some home brew and bbq for us and take lots of pics.. Hopefully by the next one we will be living out there and can meet everyone in person.. have fun youall. Sue:D:D

GrillMaster
07-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Thank You Mark for going out of your way to accomodate these auction discus. Im looking forward to meeting you.

Bob

No problem at all my friend! I look forward to meeting you as well as alot of the other NEDA members that will be here also! :)

Hi.. Well I waited til the last minute when I was sure about our timing.. Sadly we can't get the dog/house sitter so that we can be there.. So gonna have to catch the next one... We will be coming out after the first of August instead.
Mark, if we have time, and you are available, we will try and hook up with you as we failed to do it last time.. Oysters/clams and beer??? We've had lookers but no real takers on the house here yet but still plan to move to Conn whenever the sale happens. Hopefully soon as the grandkids are growing up really fast and we are missing out on alot..
I know everyone will have a great time.. Have some home brew and bbq for us and take lots of pics.. Hopefully by the next one we will be living out there and can meet everyone in person.. have fun youall. Sue

Thats a shame the timing was bad Sue! :(

By all means look me up when you guys finally make it up here. We will throw something fun together! :D :D :D

GrillMaster
07-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I just glanced at the poll and noticed a couple of odd votes on it!!! :inquisitive:

Steve...(Scolley) You dont drink anything cept Al's beer my friend!! ;) :D :D :D

BTW...He will be bringin alot of it. Lookin forward to this one bud! See ya Saturday! :)

Ashay...You dont drink!!! :confused: ;) :D

Anyways, the Coors light keg has been ordered. It will be on ice Friday night. We might even tap it. We have some briskets to smoke! :)

Took a road trip to NH today so the surprise at 9:30 is all set to go. :thumbsup:

I also wanted to put the directions up to my place for those stayin at the Flagship Inn...

Turn left out of the parking lot, Go about 5-6 miles to you get to Al Harvey Rd. Turn right. My place is about a mile down the road on the right. I will have some sort of attention getters out front. :D

brewmaster15
07-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Sue, Be sure to let me know when you are in CT. If I'm around It would be grea to meet you and we can probably rally the locals for a meet and greet event.:)

Bob, Thanks again for donating the fish for the auction..Its very very generous! Can't wait to meet up with you.

All-
Last call for BEEFHEART Mix... I will be bringing some for auction, so if you are planning on getting some, bring a cooler with.... and if you want to order some in advance...let me know ASAP>...Monday and tuesday are home brew Bottling and beefheart days here... Beefheart seafood mix is $16 per pound.

Thanks,
al

Eyecandy
07-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Al and Mark/grillmaster... Thanks for the kind words.. we will definitely be in touch.. look forward to meeting youall at some point.. Rose reds are one of my favs:(:(... oh well timing is just not good.. Everyone have a great time and drink a few of those homemade brews for us.. Sue:D:D

GrillMaster
07-21-2009, 02:40 PM
The Coors Light keg has been ordered an will be picked up Friday afternoon. :)

Here is the schedule of events for Saturday so far. It might change a lil bit here and there but this is what we are shooting for. ;)

10:00-1:00 Meet an Greet
1:00 Al Sabbetta presentation
2:00 Break
3:00 Paul Butlers presentation
4:00 Auction
5:00 Dinner and auction
6:30 Raffle
7:00 Round-table discussion, beer, soda, and more eating...
9:30 Surprise

Sunday, for those that will be staying, will start out with a large pot of coffee and a breakfast "GrillMaster style". I hope that those that are staying in the local hotels will come back Sunday morning and join in on the Sunday festivities. :D

The auction will actually roll over into dinner. There are entirely to many things that will be here to list them all. I know that Al, Bob, and Ashay will be bringing fish. There will be a few tanks along with a complete 55G settup (hood, stand, covers, canopy, heaters, and a AC -70), External c02 reactor, A wall aquarium complete with filtration (looks like a plasma tv), The local "Fin an Feather crew will be here with all sorts of things from there trailer up for auction. They didn't tell me what they were bringing but knowing them it will be alot of stuff!

Some of the raffle items are 2 new Aquaclear 110's, 2 new 29G tanks and filters (Donated by "Fin and Feather") A 250W stealth heater and a few other items. I am sure that "Fin and Feather" will bring more items as well by the way John was talking... Raffle tickets will be $1.00 a piece or 6 for $5.00. :)

There will be a bunch of other people here as well not really relating to us Discus enthusiasts but there will be plenty for em to do and frankly, the more the merrier!! Who knows, we might even convert some of em... :thumbsup:

mmorris
07-23-2009, 10:10 AM
I've asked a couple of people to bring paper plates, cups, utinsels and condiments but I haven't heard back. If you are able to bring these things, would you please let me know and tell me how many? Much appreciated!

If anyone is bringing any of these things, would you please let me know? I know one person promised to bring one set of paper plates, cups and utinsels but I don't know how many that might be. Many thanks!

acroken
07-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Martha,
I will bring plates, bowls, utensils and plastic cups. I have no idea how many people will be attending, so I figure couple hundred of each, left overs can be used at the next gathering. Let me know if this will work OK.

Kenny

mmorris
07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Thanks Kenny. We still need (it seems) condiments for hotdogs and hamburgers: relish, ketchup, mustard, onions, tomatoes, lettuce. If anyone can bring any of these things would you please let me know?

Organic Farmer
07-23-2009, 11:46 AM
As far as the need for lettuce,I would be willing to pick all that I have between now and early tommorrow.Currently growing about 8 or 9 different kinds of leaf lettuce,romain red tipped,bib etc.Picked and cleaned should be about 5 to 6 pounds.Too bad tomatoes are still green.Hope this helps. Tom

dpt8
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey Mark, Could you please list directions from Prov., R.I. ?? David

GrillMaster
07-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey Mark, Could you please list directions from Prov., R.I. ?? David

Sure Dave...Drive on I-95 South take exit 91. At the end of the ramp take a left. You will driving under the highway shortly after you turn left. Drive about 1.5 miles. This will eventually take you back over the highway. As soon as you go over the hwy, take your second right onto Al Harvey Rd. The first right is Wheeler. Both of these right hand turn are really close make sure you take the second one. I am at 293. The number is on the mail box. :)

See you guys Saturday! :thumbsup:

GrillMaster
07-23-2009, 03:34 PM
Martha, I just got 180 plastic cups and about the same amount of paper plates so we should be good with those. I didn't get utensils though. If someone would like to bring those that would be great. :)

Cant go wrong with soda either. If some of you would like to bring some. Al an I have everything else covered. :D

I probably wont be on tomarrow so if anyone has any questions feel free to give me a call at (860)984-9012.

See everyone Saturday!! :D :D :D

ashaysathe
07-23-2009, 04:15 PM
I am at 293. The number is on the mail box. :)

Hahahha.. Dave watch for the mail box with the amazing yard. I had to turn around twice.. I am thinking of playing the band .. so follow the sound...
I am oiling my bat Mark.

brewmaster15
07-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Paul Got in fine yesterday, Flight from England went ok and we got him back to my place safely.:)

He's been enjoying some Ctdiscus hospitality and is looking forward to meeting everyone tomarrow!

Take care everyone!!

-al

subcooler
07-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Leaving Jersey shore shortly.
Looking forward to seeing all @ meeting tomm.
Safe travel to all attending.
Peace,
Rob

acroken
07-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Martha,
Since Mark already picked up the cups and plates I will bring the utensils, plastic bowls and a couple cases of soda. Any preference on soda, I do not drink the stuff!

Kenny

csarkar001
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Grillmaster:

just wanted to ask if there are any last minute changes to the agenda for tomorrow. otherwise, is showing up around noon a reasonable thing to do?

23 al harvey road still the location?

thanks,
chandan

mmorris
07-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Glad to hear Paul has arrived! Sounds like a plan, Kenny. Coke and Diet Coke should be fine. Chandan, noon is good. Please note that Mark posted 293 Al Harvey, not 23.

ashaysathe
07-24-2009, 02:39 PM
I am ready .. Al's home brew.. my personal favorite.

GrillMaster
07-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Alright all...The kegs on ice, Patrick an Ashay are gonna be here bright an early settin up Patrick's car port! :)

The Karaoke machine is ready ta go under Patrick's carport. ;) :D

The briskets are smokin!!

Al is bringin Paul and all his home made brew...:)

The pig will be here at 11:00 Am.

The pool is ready, and Martha has arranged all the food things!

See everyone tomorrow! :D :D :D

Disgirl
07-25-2009, 08:20 AM
You all have a good time and don't forget to take lots of pics to show all of us who can't be there too!
Barb:D

Eddie
07-25-2009, 08:29 AM
Man, I really wish I could make it to one these NEDA Bashes! Sounds like my kind of get together and it would be awesome to meet everyone. Definitely take alot pictures!!

Take care everyone!

Eddie

freshwatersolutions
07-25-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm planning on coming but I'm running late.I have plants and fishtanks, etc. for the auction.I'm newly registered, I just found out a few days ago while at Fin & Feather.Looking forward to meeting everyone!

csarkar001
07-25-2009, 09:09 PM
thank you mark, al, martha and all the others who made this such a great event. i enjoyed myself thoroughly.

--chandan

shawnhu
07-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks Mark, Martha, Al, Paul, and everyone else that came and made this event so enjoyable! This was my first event, and it looks like it definately won't be my last. The food and company was great! Mark, you're place is like a palace, and loved the surprise, SimplyAmazing.

Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!

Shawn

hope
07-26-2009, 02:25 PM
WOW! Like others - I so appreciated the thoughtful plans - the learning alone was worth it for me. Equal to that, though, is the warmest hospitality and welcoming around - and really fun people! People here are really genuine human beings and I am grateful for the opportunity to have met you all.

On a side note, I am the proud new owner of baby red roses (THANK YOU MARK!) and baby mollies (THANK YOU BECKY!) Here are some initial pics:

1. Mollies are home in their baby tank (just need a cover)
2. Becky, here's where they will live when they are a little bigger! I might also give a few to my niece Ryleigh if I can get them all nice and big = they have tropical tanks, too. Hey - nice birthday present for her - they should be big enough by then - Nov 2nd!
3. Filling the tank (looks not so clean but must be the water bubbles - I sanitized it!)
4. Testing the water (ph has to drop)
5. Still have to take care of these guys now! Drats! Shouldn't have left the tank draining while testing new tank - now filter has to be re-primed! I'll have to adjust my "routine" so this doesn't happen again!

Whew!

And to think less than 1 year ago, I had one 29 gallon tank - what a long strange trip it's been!

I just have to keep testing the ph so I can let Martha know I am ready for pick up later when the ph goes down.