PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

wgtaylor
05-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi all,
My name is William G. Taylor, aka (wgtaylor) on Simply Discus. Original huh ! I always sign my posts as Bill (short for William).

My wife, for 39 years, and I moved to Brookings Oregon about three years ago from central California. We now live a couple minutes from the Pacific ocean and couldn't be happier.
I have had discus for many years and love them as much now as I ever have. There is always something new to learn related to discus and what a better place to learn.

Thank you Al for running another discus competition :balloon: and being confident enough to select me to participate. It is going to be a pleasure.
Thank you Kenny and Forrest for supplying all of us with such beautiful discus. I hope I can do mine justice this next year.
And Thank you Ryan for keeping Simply Discus website running so well. Of course you know I will be trying to keep you in second place with the discus. ha, ha.:p
Really, I wish you and all the other contestants the very best this coming year.:)

I have a 55 gallon tank to raise these discus following the traditional method, plenty of good food and daily water changes. The water here, out of the tap is very soft, so it will be very interesting to see how well they grow in comparison to everyone else.
Anxious to see the new discus arrive and will post pics of the event.
Bill

Eddie
05-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Hiya Bill, glad to meet you!

Sounds like you have a great plan! I am curious to see how other challengers fish will grow with lesser water changes. Its always a big dispute on here so....sometimes you gotta prove whats already been proven. ;) I know your fish will do well and I wish you the best of luck with those Beauty's from Forrest/Kenny! They are some killer looking fish.

Take care,

Eddie

Ryan
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Hey Bill,

Sounds like you've got a plan. You'll be raising yours very similar to mine. The main difference is that Florida water is hard with a higher pH.

Don't worry, I'm only the control group -- which is probably good for me, because everyone here has the potential to raise whoppers and totally smoke me at discus raising! :D

Scribbles
05-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Congratulations Bill and best of luck. BTW I think that Brookings is one of the most beautiful places in Oregon. Love the beaches.

Chris

Darren's Discus
05-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Bill,
goodluck with the challenge !

cheers

GrillMaster
05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
Great intro Bill...Good luck with the challenge. Always good ta have a plan. :)

MRQuad
05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Goodluck Bill!

Diamond Discus
05-12-2009, 09:35 AM
Best of luck! I am sure your discus will love your water! Can't wait for pics!!

calihawker
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm right there with you Bill. My water is very very soft. Best of luck to you!!

wgtaylor
05-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank you all for welcoming me aboard the completion.

Congratulations Bill and best of luck. BTW I think that Brookings is one of the most beautiful places in Oregon. Love the beaches.
Chris
Thanks Chris, I am planning to reserve enough time for the beaches. They are not crowded, like a un-discovered treasure around here.

Hey Bill,
Sounds like you've got a plan. You'll be raising yours very similar to mine. The main difference is that Florida water is hard with a higher pH.
Don't worry, I'm only the control group -- which is probably good for me, because everyone here has the potential to raise whoppers and totally smoke me at discus raising! :D
Thanks Ryan, you being an administrator had to pick on you. There are lots and lots of really good discus coming out of Florida, must be something in your water. Glad you are the control group.

Hiya Bill, glad to meet you!
Sounds like you have a great plan! I am curious to see how other challengers fish will grow with lesser water changes.
Its always a big dispute on here so....sometimes you gotta prove whats already been proven. ;) I know your fish will do well and I wish you the best of luck with those Beauty's from Forrest/Kenny! They are some killer looking fish.
Take care,
Eddie

Thanks Eddie, good to talk to you also.
I'm glad to see you every day pushing water changes, it promotes growth on young fish and maintains health. How could you resist.
Water, water, water....:)

Bill

Chad Hughes
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
William,

Good luck to you!

Best wishes!

kirkp
05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Bill (or do you prefer William?). Good reading your intro. I could tell from past posts that you had quite a bit of discus experience even though you only have 150 posts on the forum. I'm sure you're as pumped as I am about getting the discus. Best of luck to you.

Kirk

fishyj
05-12-2009, 10:35 PM
Good luck Bill.

2075turner
05-13-2009, 07:50 AM
Hey Bill

Best of luck to you in the challenge. I will look forward to seeing those first place finishers:p

Evelyn:)

Cooldadddyfunk286
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
Bill, I wanna wish you good luck, I cant wait to see what you do with ur new fishes either!:D seems like a nice place you live, I always liked the west coast. Id like to visit Oregon one day, get all the weather conditions in 1 state huh? untill then Im stuck in NY.:bandana:

wgtaylor
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Bill, I wanna wish you good luck, I cant wait to see what you do with ur new fishes either!:D seems like a nice place you live, I always liked the west coast. Id like to visit Oregon one day, get all the weather conditions in 1 state huh? untill then Im stuck in NY.:bandana:

Thank You Chad, Kirk, Jim and Evelyn for the kind words.
Hey Jason, I spent enough time in New York, Boston, Virginia area to know you guys have far better restaurants and deli's than we do out here on the west coast. Where we live we get almost 100 inches of rain per year, kinda like living in the Amazon rain forest.:)

Bill

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-14-2009, 11:51 PM
Goodluck with the challenge Bill a man with a plan

Regards
Ahmed ;)

discusluvr818
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Best of luck Bill. I am sure your fish will turn out wonderful. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Kenny's Discus
05-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Your plan sounds great Bill!:) Good luck with the challenge!

Kenny

wgtaylor
05-16-2009, 11:56 PM
Thank you Ahmed and discusluvr. I will do my best.
Thank you Kenny I can use all the luck I can get and a big thank you for supplying all of us with such nice discus for the contest. It will be great just looking at those fish all year.:D
Bill