PDA

View Full Version : tank decor

kirkp
05-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Just wondering what the prevailing thoughts are on putting decorations of any kind in a BB tank. What do you use or what would you recommend to stay away from.

Kirk

poconogal
05-19-2009, 02:37 PM
I've had live plants (Anubias) in clay pots. At first it was great, the pots and plants were smaller. They grew into large shrubs and I had to put them into larger pots. Then it became a PITA to me, trying to move them around the bottom to clean well. I also had Moss Balls rolling around the bottom, they were really cool but I needed to have the light on for longer periods of time and so developed more algae in the tank. Pulled everything out and added a nice sized driftwood centerpiece with about 1 lb. of gravel lightly scattered on the bottom, on each side of the driftwood.

GrillMaster
05-19-2009, 04:36 PM
Hey Kirk, tie some java fern or anubias on some driftwood. Makes it pretty easy to clean and looks sharp. Connie has nice driftwood that would be accented nicely with these type plants. :)

Scribbles
05-19-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd toss 'em a plant. Gives them something to check out when they are not eating. Maybe a piece of driftwood too. I have a piece of boglog in the shape of an arch and my guys love to do the "limbo" under it. LOL

Chris

kpotter2
05-19-2009, 11:10 PM
Kirk I think some good group of plastic plants. Get some good one's and you will not disapointed. I did this in my 90gal and it looked great.

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m327/kpotter2/0104091858a.jpg

This is not really the best it can look,but it gives you an idea

Kyle