PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Northwest Discus Club?

ShinShin
05-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi,

I PM'd a group of Western Washington members, and a few Canadian members, that I have met regarding forming a club. Sorry if you are from the area and I missed you, but, please feel included. I have contacted several people from other regions about their clubs and asked for ideas. I have yet to speak to Al about their club, although I tried to reach him unsuccessfully. Perhaps this weekend will work out for that.

Several years ago I suggested NADA regionalize, and would still perfer this. I have talked a little to Jerry Baer about it. It was flat rejected by the past president, but I think Jerry may see some merit to this. I intend to speak further with him on it. It was also suggested to me to speak with a local fish club, and perhaps form a discus group within that organazation. That would be Seattle and Portland in this area. Others offered some ideas as well.

My time is limited, and I know everyone else is busy as well. How about some ideas to kick around on what people in this area would like to see and do as far as a club. Almost everyone responded to me that they would like to see one formed. Like so many other clubs go, only a few do the work. I am not going to do it all, in fact a small portion is all I see me doing. That's all any would have to do, really.

So, lets hear it. You can PM me as well. Maybe include a phone number.

Mat

Scribbles
05-19-2009, 11:16 PM
Very interested in your discus club idea. I have time to help out as well. I'm just across the lake from you. Well two lakes really. I'm dumb as a post when it comes to computer stuff but am willing to try and may be able to enlist my brother's help as he is computer savy. PM me and let me know what I can do to help.

Chris

Northwestcoastdisc
05-21-2009, 03:35 AM
That would be a great idea. I am still interested in part of that. I am living on West Coast that where I am living on Vancouver Island.

Duncan

April
06-20-2009, 01:53 AM
well francis and i are game..but now i have to get my passport to drive down there. but i will do that. once i get my shop finished. been rather busy.
we met alot of you last time and it was quite enjoyable. id only be able to meet maybe twice a year or so. but correspondance wise im sure more.

kaceyo
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm also looking forward to getting a meeting together. I have only a few expectations, maybe quarterly meets, at least to begin with, to catch up with others doings, discuss recent discus news and views and find out what the group intends for the future. Other than that I'm wide open.

Kacey

ShinShin
07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Apparently, most of the interest has faded for this project, so I'll put it on the back burner for now, and concentrate on NADA and perhaps that angle can be looked at again with new blood running the organazation.

Mat

Ideas are still welcomed. Summer is a busy time.