PDA

View Full Version : Air Compressor

Roxanne
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
Hi SDers

Does anyone use an air compressor to run their air driven stuff instead of those little air pumps?

Half my juvie tank emptied out last night because an air line came loose and well, you can guess the rest...except you won't guess the part where my husband laid Engineers Drawings next to the tank..and well, I've been busy with the hair dryer all morning is all I can say.....

I was thinking of using a compressor to drive all 15 or so lines I have going and T off...

Any ideas for me?

Thanks

Roxanne

rickztahone
05-20-2009, 08:06 PM
there are these little valve things that you put on the air hose so that you do not get a siphon going out of the tank through the hose. they are inexpensive as well and it gives you ease of mind IMO

Dkarc@Aol.com
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I would highly advise against using an air compressor. They are oil lubricated and will put oil into the water through the air going in. They also run a MUCH too high psi for our applications. We need air at 1-2psi at most.....not 100+. Since they are pressure rated, the flow suffers. Flow is what we need (cfm) to run our air devices and a regular air compressor may not have enough CFM output, depending on your tank needs.

-Ryan

Roxanne
05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Hi Ricardo:)...I know what you mean by the valves and then I thought I might as well try to drive them all off one large air compressor so I don't have little air pumps all over the place...and I do mean all over the place lol....

Thanks Mate

Rox

Roxanne
05-20-2009, 08:21 PM
I would highly advise against using an air compressor. They are oil lubricated and will put oil into the water through the air going in. They also run a MUCH too high psi for our applications. We need air at 1-2psi at most.....not 100+. Since they are pressure rated, the flow suffers. Flow is what we need (cfm) to run our air devices and a regular air compressor may not have enough CFM output, depending on your tank needs.

-Ryan

oh...ok...thought I could use a smallish one and then regulate the flow to each....oh well, back to the drawing board:)

Thanks Ryan

seanyuki
05-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Hi Rox,

Have a look at Jehmco.....they got different types of air pumps for your reference/needs....I like those linear air pumps and since your are rebuilding your fishroom and perhaps make one of those Pre-built manifolds for fast installation of Central Air Systems.
Includes hanger brackets, end plug and hose barb connector
Daisy chain multiple AVMP10 or AVMP20 manifolds with hose or PVC pipe

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/aiseanyuki_2009/AVMP12_20-A_400p.jpg

air pumps link at Jehmco.

http://www.jehmco.com/html/central_air_pumps.html

Cheers
Francis:)

Roxanne
05-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Beauty, thanks Francis:)....will have to source the equivalent of Jehmco in Australia but now I know what I'm looking for which helps.....looks like I wont be getting any real work done today now:D..will go with Ricardos valve suggestion til I can source a pimp

Thanks Everyone

Roxanne

jeff@zina.com
05-21-2009, 04:26 PM
will go with Ricardos valve suggestion til I can source a pimp

:blushing:

Jeff

Roxanne
05-21-2009, 05:44 PM
:o....I mean a PUMP....:D