PDA

View Full Version : Mold on Manzanita?

DLock3d
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
I've recently removed all but a few pieces from my two BB tanks to ease my cleaning process. I've thrown them in the original plastic bin that I soaked them in. My question is, although I don't really see any mold. If I were to put the wood back into it's respective tanks would the possible mold cause any problems? Should I bleach the wood first? Or just rinse really well with primed tap water?

Chad Hughes
05-20-2009, 11:15 PM
Describe the mold.....

Eddie
05-20-2009, 11:33 PM
The mold will keep coming back, its harmless. You can just wipe the wood down before WCs or get some plecos. Plecos will be well fed on the stuff. ;)

Eddie

DLock3d
05-20-2009, 11:56 PM
I may not have clarified this. I'm worried about whatever mold might be on the manzanita after being removed from the tank. (Not mold that grows while in the tank) I didn't leave the pieces outside to dry thoroughly so being that they are still damp and have been in a plastic container I'm thinking they might mold. I'm trying to be proactive instead of reactive. On that pleco comment Eddie. I bought 3 bristle nose about a week ago. All I can say is thank God for freaking QT. And thank God that I've learned this sort of thing from reading the boards here at SD. They had some weird crap going on and two of them died. I don't even think I'm going to consider EVER putting the third in either of my tanks. I don't know what it was but patches of their skin rotted off!

Eddie
05-20-2009, 11:58 PM
I may not have clarified this. I'm worried about whatever mold might be on the manzanita after being removed from the tank. (Not mold that grows while in the tank) I didn't leave the pieces outside to dry thoroughly so being that they are still damp and have been in a plastic container I'm thinking they might mold. I'm trying to be proactive instead of reactive. On that pleco comment Eddie. I bought 3 bristle nose about a week ago. All I can say is thank god for freaking QT. And thank God that I've learned this sort of thing from reading the boards here at SD. They had some weird crap going on and two of them died. I don't even think I'm going to consider EVER putting the third in either of my tanks. I don't know what it was but patches of their skin rotted off!

Good call! I thought the wood was in tank. :o

Just boil them and scrub them IMO

Eddie

FLGirl1977
05-21-2009, 06:34 AM
I kept getting the 'mold' growth on my mazanita for severals months, until I put two green phantom plecos in the tank! ;) Now, NOTHING grows on that wood, I haven't had to clean it once. :)