PDA

View Full Version : 5/21/2009

calihawker
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
They are settling in quite nicely. The pecking order is being established but so far no major bully's, everyone gets a chance to eat. I tried a seafood mix I made a while back that my other discus snubbed and so far these guy's aren't real excited about it either. I'm making a new batch today, or as soon as the banana ripeins in our 90 degree california sun.:) I'll post the exact recipe after it's made. I'm changing to a 1/2 seafood 1/2 beefheart mix.

Yesterday 8 feedings. Hikari fbw, they tear it up of course. Hikari discus bio gold, not so popular but they did eat it. Tetra color granules, another popular item and ON prime reef flake, again not so popular.

I did the first w/c last night and the awcs needs a few adjustments but looks very promising so far.

I did notice one of them flashing/rubbing quite vigorously on just about every surface for about 30 seconds. I haven't seen him do it since. I'll have to keep a close eye.;)

Today's job: Learn how to post video.:D

Eddie
05-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Hey there Steve, thanks for the update!

Thats too bad they didn't go for the mix, hopefully your next batch has them at hello. ;) A little time too might be all they need.

So far so good it sounds and keep up the great work!

Eddie

Cooldadddyfunk286
05-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Steve, if the flashing/rubbing thing only happened once it could just be that the fish had an itch lol...maybe it had alittle bit of loose slime coat it was trying to shed or something, do keep an eye, but sometimes they may do that once on a freak acourance Im thinking.