PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Tanks "With" Discus!!!!

dean9922
05-25-2009, 02:49 AM
I now have both homemade tanks up and running. I changed the 100 gallon tank to a "blue" tinted resin instead of the green I used at first, and like it much better. The 76 g is also done in blue. I know i'm light on plants but have some coming which will be added hopefully soon.....

Eddie
05-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Looks good Dean, I'd like to make some of my own someday and will look at your instructions for help. ;)

Take care and best of luck with your fish,

Eddie

Scribbles
05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Your tanks look great. Good work.

Chris

wgtaylor
05-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Awesome tanks !!!!
Looks like they are a really effecient use of space, butted end to end, more fish, more tanks, more fish.......:):)
Great job.

Bill

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Looking very cool! Did you build those from scratch? If so, what kind of materials did you use?

Best wishes!

dean9922
05-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the nice comments....and yes i did build these from scratch.
The funny part of it is, I'm not a carpenter.....But money will buy you things such as getting plywood cut to the exact size and square and cabinet makers cutting out the viewing area lol The material i used was 3/4 inch Oak plywood.....the rest i did do myself with lots of trials and errors....and help from other people, especially Big Tuck......
and yes you are right...when does it stop.....
I started with a 30 gallon tank perhaps 3 months ago after being out of the aquarium scene for 13-14 years. Thought I'd just get a small 30 gallon tank and enjoy a few "tropical fish" like neons etc and now look, I have a 100 gallon and a 76 gallon and the original 30 gallon loaded with the cadillac of fish (discus)......and the worst thing of it all is I still think I need more tanks....lol
As there are so many awesome discus to get yet..... Somebody make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
Feel free to pm me basshead if you ever build one of these

discolove
05-26-2009, 12:13 AM
That looks very nice and creative. I would like to do a custom "In the wall" tank one day. Your dead on though when you ask, "When does it stop?". I started a 55g just two months ago and figured this will be nice to look at and I will enjoy it. I am enjoying it very much but am already wanting so much more, especially a dedicated discus tank.

dean9922
05-26-2009, 10:48 PM
few more pictures and i know the bottom is dirty....that's my next job to clean excess beef heart that was just fed to them.......

Darren's Discus
05-27-2009, 12:07 AM
Ver nice Dean,
all the best with the juvies.

cheers

timmy101
05-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Those are some really nice tank that are custom made from scratch