PDA

View Full Version : Pictures and videos

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I started this thread to post picture and video updates. I'll post here a minimum of a couple of times a month, likely more, with new pictures and videos. Enjoy!

May 25, 2009: Watch today's video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_zwS497DcA)

May 28, 2009: Feeding Frenzy! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ETwUcSRsE)

May 28, 2009: Eating out of my hand! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxSPLSrERR8)

Diamond Discus
05-25-2009, 03:57 PM
That tank set up is beautiful. They look 100% at home in there. Looks like you have yourself a bully already!! LOL

jerbear
05-25-2009, 04:04 PM
It is so nice/natural to see young discus in a planted tank. With your water knowledge and experience I am sure they will go GREAT!!..We all have a tremendous amount to learn from you..I would wish you good luck but I don't think you will need the any luck..

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 04:25 PM
That tank set up is beautiful. They look 100% at home in there. Looks like you have yourself a bully already!! LOL

Sue,

Thank you for the kind words. They are definately right at home. I actually have two bullies. They tend to guard food. When I feed I have to make sure that I cut the cudes in to about four pieces so the food hogs can have their own and the other share amongst themselves. It's amusing to watch to say the least. LOL!

Best wishes!

It is so nice/natural to see young discus in a planted tank. With your water knowledge and experience I am sure they will go GREAT!!..We all have a tremendous amount to learn from you..I would wish you good luck but I don't think you will need the any luck..

jerbear,

Thank you for the well wishes! I need all the luck I can get to win! LOL! I have some pretty stiff competition. I will say that I'll be very interested to see if my methods provide the same growth rate as the more traditional approaches that others are using for their competition fish. We'll see! Take care my friend!

Best wishes!

dpt8
05-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Hey Chad, Cool video. Beautiful looking set-up. David T

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Hello David!

Thanks for the compliments!

Best wishes!

DonMD
05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi, Chad,

Thanks for posting the video, it's a beautiful setup. :angel: I have a similar setup, but without any grass or plants, but with large wood and sand. 90 gallons with 8 fish, some tetras and plecos. You have at least twice the height of sand in your tank, I'm wondering why so much? :confused: It looks to be almost 3 inches.

Anyway, good luck! -Don

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey Don!

Thanks for the kind words. To answer your question, I just like a thick sand bed. It's about 4".

Best wishes!

two utes
05-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the video Chad. Very well done. It will be a good way gor us to gauge their condition and growth. Looking good so far mate!:D

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the video Chad. Very well done. It will be a good way gor us to gauge their condition and growth. Looking good so far mate!:D

After posting this video I stumbled across yours on youtube. Great job on the grow out and the video! Very well done! Thanks for the kind words!

Best wishes!

Ben75
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Hi Chad,
They are looking really good mate.
I always like seeing videos instead of still pics.
Really does the fish justice.
Keep them up mate :)

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Ben,

Thanks for the kind words. I've never posted a video to youTube before, but I have to say they make it super easy! I like ot see the movement as well through video. I'll be posting regularly, so keep your eyes peeled!

Best wishes!

Scribbles
05-25-2009, 10:33 PM
IChad,

Your set up is gorgeous and it looks like the discus think so too judging by their true juvenile discus or should I say juvenile delinquent behavior. Seems like they have really made themselves at home. Best of luck with them.

Chris

Chad Hughes
05-25-2009, 10:43 PM
IChad,

Your set up is gorgeous and it looks like the discus think so too judging by their true juvenile discus or should I say juvenile delinquent behavior. Seems like they have really made themselves at home. Best of luck with them.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the kind words. These guys were settled in hours. They are definately up to no good! They Love their new space and are eating like pigs! They'll be 7" in no time! LOL!!

Best wishes!

Darren's Discus
05-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Chad,
super nice set up,fish look great all the best with them look forward to the update's.

cheers

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Chad,
super nice set up,fish look great all the best with them look forward to the update's.

cheers

Thanks Darren!

They're getting along nicely... I'll keep everyone posted regularly!

Best wishes!

wgtaylor
05-26-2009, 12:45 AM
Hi Chad, great video.
The discus look like they are doing very well and your tank looks great. I will definitely enjoy watching your video's. Thanks,

Bill

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Hi Chad, great video.
The discus look like they are doing very well and your tank looks great. I will definitely enjoy watching your video's. Thanks,

Bill

Hey there Bill!

Thanks for the compliments on the tank. The new guys and gals (not sure yet, LOL!) seem to be loving it! I plan to post a feeding video soon. I hope all is well with you and yours!

Best wishes!

brewmaster15
05-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks Great Chad! Fish look right at home!

-al

dean9922
05-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Wow...beautiful setup and gorgeous fish....love it!!!!!!!

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Al,

All is well! Thanks for all your hard work brother! Much appreciated by all!

Dean,

Thanks for the compliments! The fish are amazing!

Best wishes!

calihawker
05-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Geat job on the updates Chad, Keep 'em comng. Fish look great!!

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 02:22 PM
Steve,

Thanks man! Will do!

Best wishes!

GrillMaster
05-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Sweet lookin setup Chad!! I think they will thrive for ya in there. :)

Chad Hughes
05-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Mark! They seem pretty happy...

I'll keep you all posted!

Best wishes!

discusluvr818
05-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Awesome video man. Very cool set-up. Best of luck, going to be fun to watch!! :D

Chad Hughes
05-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Raul,

Thanks man! It's going to be a short year! LOL!

Best wishes!

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-28-2009, 02:04 AM
Love the fish & vid Bro. Looking Gooooood!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Chad Hughes
05-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Thanks Ahmed!

I'll post another tomorrow.

Best wishes!

mikel
05-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Hay Chad: I just got a chance to see everyone's grow-out challenge fish, and your set up is definitely beautiful. I hope you will find a comparable rate of growth relative to the BB guys. Your fish look wonderful and happy, and if I were one of them, I would be too!!! Best of luck! mike:):):)

Eddie
05-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Nice Chad, the fish look like they are in HEAVEN.

All the best,

Eddie

fishyj
05-28-2009, 08:54 PM
Chad, I just love the setup. Have you kept them this way before?

Chad Hughes
05-28-2009, 11:53 PM
Hay Chad: I just got a chance to see everyone's grow-out challenge fish, and your set up is definitely beautiful. I hope you will find a comparable rate of growth relative to the BB guys. Your fish look wonderful and happy, and if I were one of them, I would be too!!! Best of luck! mike:):):)

Hey Mike!

Thanks for all the kind words and the well wishes! I too am looking forward to seeing the final result with all the diferent methods! It's very exciting! Be sure to check out the new videos! I've updated post #1 with new files. Thanks again!

Best wishes!

Nice Chad, the fish look like they are in HEAVEN.

All the best,

Eddie

Eddie,

Thanks brother! That means a lot comming from you. I mean that.

Best wishes!

Chad, I just love the setup. Have you kept them this way before?

Fishy,

Thank you!

Yes, I've always grown out 2.5-3" discus in planted tanks. Prior to the 3" mark, I do use bare bottom typically due to the large numbers of fish in the tank and the ease in cleaning. 6 3" beauties in a 110 gallon is no sweat!

Best wishes!

Chad Hughes
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Just a reminder.....

Check out post #1!

This is where I will post ALL of the videos that I take throughout the challenge. I think it'll make for a nice, centrally located repository.

I've updated the post with some feeding videos. Enjoy!

Best wishes!

cmich
06-01-2009, 12:29 AM
Looking great Chad.

Blake

Chad Hughes
06-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Thanks Blake! ;)

Best wishes!

bluwaters
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Very impressive Chad!