PDA

View Full Version : Finally, they're here..

MRQuad
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
first of all, i would like to say thanks to this people to make this contest happen, AL, RYAN, KENNY and FORREST.. guys, you are the best..

yeah guys, the title says it all.. i got the fish today after lunch time.. i have them float to their new house..

sadly, i can't post a picture today.. i have to go to work within 20mins.. i will post you guys a picture after work.. pretty sure they are settle in at that time..

again guys, i am soo glad that things work out really really good.. i will update this post tonight..

thanks for reading..

marvin

Chad Hughes
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Marvin,

Glad to hear that the shipment went off without a hitch! Looking forward to some pictures in the future!

Best wishes!

calihawker
05-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Good to hear Marvin!:D The stage is now set! Let's rock and roll!

brewmaster15
05-28-2009, 02:12 PM
whewwwww... Thankfully the ball is now in everyone elses court!:) Have fun Marvin, Best of luck with the fish!!

-al

acroken
05-28-2009, 02:18 PM
great news Marvin, "going to work" come on man, there is fish to raise! Kidding. Good luck with them.

Kenny

kirkp
05-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Marvin,

You're a dedicated man to go to work. I took the entire day off so I could just stare at them. :) Best of luck.

Kirk

Scribbles
05-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Glad they got there ok. Now enjoy them. Good Luck.

Chris

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Glad too see you recieved your fish Marvin. Now lets grow some big1's!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Marvin,

You're a dedicated man to go to work. I took the entire day off so I could just stare at them. :) Best of luck.

Kirk

you know what kirk? i already planned to have a time-off, but my wife won't let me.. huhuhu.. :D

Chad Hughes
05-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Marvin,

Kirk

LOL! I took the day off too, but I'm just lazy! LOL!

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 01:55 AM
guys, thanks for kind words.. i just got off from work and took a little time to take some pictures and a little video for everyone..

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 01:57 AM
here's some..

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 02:44 AM
i don't know what's wrong in the pictures.. they all look like orange.. lol.. :D

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 02:49 AM
here's the link of my 30sec. video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6niAVWWh-Sg

Eddie
05-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Fish look very nice Marv!

wishing you the best with them,

Eddie

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 08:35 AM
thanks eddie and to all for the nice words..

anyways, here's what i did that i didn't mentioned to this thread.. my bad.. this is about acclimation process after i got the fish..

i did the most common method of adding a little water from the tank to the bag and letting it stay for 15mins. i keep adding more water from the tank to the bag and i continue for atleast an hour.. so that they will be able to adjust the water temp. i did this after like 45mins. floating top of the aquarium water..

(when i mentioned about me leaving for work in 20mins. that didn't happened, i am making sure that the fish will be ok when i put them into their new house, so i'm late for almost 2hrs. i forgot to mention this to my thread, my bad..)

did i do the right thing in acclimatizing them guys? hope i did..

thanks for reading guys..

marvin

brewmaster15
05-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Hi Marvin,
Actually that explains alot..:):):).I looked real close that fish pics and movies and noticed that the fins were a bit burned...no one else had that problem...and I am pretty sure it was because of the way you acclimated them.... It can lead to ammonia burns..if the pH going in is higher (generally over 7.0 is a problem) than that of the pH in the bag.

Generally its best when you recieve fish that have been shipped to just float the bags to equalize the temp...and then to just take the fish out and place it in the new tank...less damage that way.

The way you did it is okay if the fish are not shipped, but only transported short term in a bag.

The burns I see are superficial and will heal no problem.

hth,
al

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Marvin,
Actually that explains alot..:):):).I looked real close that fish pics and movies and noticed that the fins were a bit burned...no one else had that problem...and I am pretty sure it was because of the way you acclimated them.... It can lead to ammonia burns..if the pH going in is higher (generally over 7.0 is a problem) than that of the pH in the bag.

Generally its best when you recieve fish that have been shipped to just float the bags to equalize the temp...and then to just take the fish out and place it in the new tank...less damage that way.

The way you did it is okay if the fish are not shipped, but only transported short term in a bag.

The burns I see are superficial and will heal no problem.

hth,
al

thanks for the observation al.. i did notice that one of the fish only have one fin moving in the video..

when i checked them today, they seems fine.. though, they just nibble the food that i gave them.. that didn't alarm me, as that is common for discus not eating right away after they moved to their new place..

just finish the water change.. they look happy as of today.. and a little shy when i approach the tank..

MRQuad
05-29-2009, 10:19 AM
i saw what you mean al, about one of the fish the fin is burned.. will it heal itself? or, is it gonna be like that forever?

acroken
05-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Marvin,
the fish look awesome. No worries about them being a little shy, they will warm up to you in no time. Keep movements slow around the tank and offer them small portions of food when you approach them. What is the temp? good luck.

Kenny

wgtaylor
05-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi Marvin,

Glad to see you have your fish now, they look fat, an extra week at Al's. ;)
That is so common everyone says to slowly add water to the bag to acclimate fish. Better way to acclimate shipped fish is just one of the many things that can be learned from this website.
Great looking video and pictures. Wish you all the best with them this coming year. :)

Bill

Armandi_Fishcarer
05-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Marvin, glad to see the fish are in & well, fab pics/vids!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

2075turner
05-31-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi Marvin,

Glad to see that all went well with receiving your fish. All the best to you:)