PDA

View Full Version : Week 2

wgtaylor
06-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Well, the second week has gone by and no issues with these guys.
They wake up each morning as hungry as ever looking for food.
I keep pumping food in as much as I dare without making them explode and upped their water changes to about 75% daily because of the extra feedings.
Each night I siphon out any remaining poop that has collected.
It is just a pleasure raising these guys, they are so healthy it makes everything too easy so far.
Now I swear they have grown a couple inches already......ha ha, well maybe a quarter inch.:):)
Fifty weeks to go, I am sure they will be a lot bigger then, patience is not easy.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Simply%20Discus%20Contest%202009/week2-1.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll50/wgtaylor/Simply%20Discus%20Contest%202009/week2-2.jpg

bluwaters
06-02-2009, 02:14 PM
They look great. :)

acroken
06-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Bill,
Fish are looking awesome! They will grow plenty fast with that routine. Keep it going.

Kenny

DiscusKev
06-02-2009, 03:18 PM
keep up with the good job!

Scribbles
06-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Looking good! Keep up the good work.

Chris

calihawker
06-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Very nice Bill!!:D
I noticed all of yours have quite a bit of red in them. I have one with very little and another one with almost no red at all, just a hint on the top fin. That one is actually quite pale. I think I pictured him in my last update post.

Keep up the good work!

Chad Hughes
06-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Bill,

Looking great! Well done!

Best wishes!

pcsb23
06-03-2009, 06:18 PM
... patience is not easy.
but it is the key to being a good discus keeper ;)

Fish look great Bill, I'd really like some of these!!

wgtaylor
06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Thank you all for the nice words.

Very nice Bill!!:D
I noticed all of yours have quite a bit of red in them. I have one with very little and another one with almost no red at all, just a hint on the top fin. That one is actually quite pale. I think I pictured him in my last update post.
Keep up the good work!
The red seems to be developing a little more as time goes by. Not feeding them anything special, just the luck of the draw I guess.

but it is the key to being a good discus keeper ;)

Fish look great Bill, I'd really like some of these!!
Hi Paul, you are right. I guess I have patience but this contest has me anxious I guess to see the outcome of these fish. A year goes by pretty fast but this is a whole new situation raising discus.:)

Bill

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Bill, look fabulous my friend, patience is the key too success or should be anyhow! :D

Regards
Ahmed ;)