PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dip Strips vs The Kits with vials you mix...

silent_thunder
06-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Are they both accurate or...is one better than the other...

Thanks ahead of time

D

zn394
06-02-2009, 07:41 PM
The vials are more accurate. I also use the strips for quick checks, but I know where my water should be and it is very stable.

poconogal
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Regular test kits are more accurate.

Eddie
06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Vials are more accurate but even then, there can be errors with both. I'd choose the vials over the strips any day.

Eddie

Jhhnn
06-03-2009, 09:04 PM
The test strips are accurate only in a relativistic sort of way- those numbers and my liquid test kit numbers don't jibe very well...

OTOH, once you know what your good water shows on the strips, they will tell you if anything's different. If you get one of those "Huh?" moments using them, it's time to take a closer look with the liquid tests...

Or so it seems to me...

silent_thunder
06-03-2009, 09:11 PM
ok good...

thx, I am in the city and picked up the vials today...they read way different at home compared to the strips but I can see where both can be advantagous at times...

I get to bring home NO disus though as the place where I get them have only a few to choose from...darn..

Oh well I will grab a dozen rummynose to put with my cardnals LOL

D

KDodds
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
I use test strips. They are usually, and in general, accurate enough to be very useful for testing on a daily basis. When I get a new batch, I try to compare a test against the last test of the old batch, as well as to a liquid/powder, reagent based, colormetric kit. I've had it go both ways, were the strips were more accurate or the liquid kit was more accurate, based on agreement with other kits/brands and/or probe testers.

mareshow
06-09-2009, 12:49 AM
Vials are more accurate but even then, there can be errors with both. I'd choose the vials over the strips any day.

Eddie

Ditto on the Vials they just work better in my opinion