PDA

View Full Version : What a BAD LUCK DAY!

MRQuad
06-11-2009, 03:49 AM
yeah guys.. the titles says it all.. i know it's personal but there's discus involved in my second issue.. i just wanna share it to you.. there's two things that happens to me today (tuesday)..

[1] I LOST MY JOB (been working for like more than 2yrs. my boss didn't renew my contract, don't really know the valid reason) :(:(:(

[2] I LOST MY BLUE SNAKESKIN TRIO (my only pair, don't know if i can get another pair) :mad::mad:

i don't know guys, it's almost 4am already.. i can't sleep, i can't stop thinking about it..

i think life must go on.. and also the contest..

sorry about all this troubles guys.. the people here in simply are the only people that will listen and understand.. this is the only website that i feel like i have a true friends.. (my wife woke up and telling me to sleep already)

well guys, i have to go.. and i will post the picture anytime.. (thursday)

god bless to all!

marvin

Eddie
06-11-2009, 04:16 AM
I am sorry Marv, really sorry to hear the news. I hope that everything works itself out my friend. No worries, keep your head up. You have alot of support here. Not to mention some beautiful fish that are doing well because of you.

All the best,

Eddie

Ben75
06-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Hey Marvin,
Keep your chin up champ. remember every cloud has a silver lining.
Hope all turns out well for you mate.

poconogal
06-11-2009, 05:51 AM
Sorry to hear your news. I understand (lost my job in January, for no valid reason) and to also lose your Discus, a terrible day indeed. But something good will come out of it all in the end. Hang in there!

brewmaster15
06-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Marvin,
I am really sorry to hear that you lost your job.:( Seems to be more and more common these days.:(:(:(

I hope the saying holds true for you that "when on door closes another one opens" best of luck my friend!

-al

2075turner
06-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey Marvin

Hope that things make a quick turn around for you....THEY ALWAYS DO....just hang in there:)

Sorry to hear about your Discus, that always sucks...but you have some nice beauties there with the contest fish, hopefully you will get a pair out of them;)

Hope that today will go better for you:thumbsup:

calihawker
06-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Sorry to hear about that Marvin. You have a lot of support here that's for sure.:) Do like your wife says and go get some sleep. Tomorrow's a brand new brighter day.;)

Disgirl
06-11-2009, 08:54 AM
We will all be thinking of you Marvin and hoping that eventually everything will be good again. Could be the beginning of a whole new career for you! So sorry about your discus. I think we have all been there. Hang in there.
Barbara:)

wgtaylor
06-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi Marvin,

So sorry to hear about your bad luck. Just remember it's temporary and will get better. The economy is bad all over and it should get better also. Use your last job as a good reference for your next, and better job. We all are hoping everything turns out better for you soon. :):) Take care,

Bill

Chad Hughes
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Marvin,

I am, sorry to hear of your job and your discus losses. That is certainly sad news. When I run in to hard times, I like to take inventory of all the good things that I have in my life. Family and friends are naturally the first things that come to mind but I'm sure there are many other things in your life that make you want to get up every morning and greet the day head on.

Like Al said, when one door closes, another will open just around the corner and it will likely be a better opportunity for you. In the mean time, focus on what you have, not what you've lost. It's healthier! If you need anything at all, just let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Best wishes to you!

bluwaters
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Marvin,

I am so sorry to hear your sad news.
I also lost my job recently, after 15 years.
It is incredibly painful and I haven't slept well in over 2 weeks.
So, I may see you here on the forum in the middle of night! :)

To lose your prized trio also is really a terrible blow. :(

Hang in there with your Challenge fish.
You are doing a great job with them!

Take care,
Anna :angel:

DLock3d
06-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Sorry Marv, here's hoping for a better economy.

Chad Adams
06-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Hey Marv,
Sorry to hear the bad news my friend. The best of luck
to you & your family.
Chad

MRQuad
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
guys, thanks a lot for the encouraging word.. i know you guys will listen to me and hear me out..

the sad thing is, i've been the hard worker on the job site.. i can tell cause i know what i am doing.. i never made a mistake, i can do 2-3 job positions in my dept.. i let every single person at work make fun of me.. tease me, pick on me.. i am fine with that.. as long as they don't throw any punches at me.. if they do, i'm gonna show them what i learned in my aikido class.. (still doing it even now)

my good boss always rely on the person that runs the line.. and that line maintainer don't like me.. so, no matter what i do to make him impress, it's useless for him cause the b**** (runs the line) made up stories that will make me bad to my boss.. and my boss never listen to my explanations..

sorry guys, i just wanna let it out.. and i want all the people here in SD will know what's been going on in my life.. you guys are a true friend..

chad, thanks for the kind offer bud.. as of now.. i am good.. i am just doing some job hunting..

thanks again guys!

Chad Hughes
06-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Marvin,

No worries. I used to work for a defense contractor. They were constantly laying people off for no apparent reason. Being a contractor is not easy. You have to be the best of the best and be liked or they try and find a reason to not "need your services" anymore. Trust me, I've seen it.

Good luck with the job search and hopefuly you'll come across something a bit more permanent. They say that the job market is recovering, so that may be a good sign for you in trying to find work. My thoughts are with you.

Best wishes!

rickztahone
06-11-2009, 01:20 PM
guys, thanks a lot for the encouraging word.. i know you guys will listen to me and hear me out..

the sad thing is, i've been the hard worker on the job site.. i can tell cause i know what i am doing.. i never made a mistake, i can do 2-3 job positions in my dept.. i let every single person at work make fun of me.. tease me, pick on me.. i am fine with that.. as long as they don't throw any punches at me.. if they do, i'm gonna show them what i learned in my aikido class.. (still doing it even now)

my good boss always rely on the person that runs the line.. and that line maintainer don't like me.. so, no matter what i do to make him impress, it's useless for him cause the b**** (runs the line) made up stories that will make me bad to my boss.. and my boss never listen to my explanations..

sorry guys, i just wanna let it out.. and i want all the people here in SD will know what's been going on in my life.. you guys are a true friend..

chad, thanks for the kind offer bud.. as of now.. i am good.. i am just doing some job hunting..

thanks again guys!

sometimes people can be really mean towards someone to get ahead themselves. i'm a firm believer in Karma though and i believe what goes around comes around. that person will get theirs!

MRQuad
06-11-2009, 01:31 PM
and for my lost TRIO.. OHHHHHHHHH MAN!

guys, you will never believe me.. I KILLED MY TRIO!

this is not because of the disease, I killed them..

they greet me when i entered the room.. because of what happened at work i am not focus, though i am there physically, but mentally and emotionally, i am blank..

i still did my daily routine, water changes water changes and water changes.. that will never change no matter what..

anyways, so i cleaned my 55G contest fish tank, and moved to my other discus tank 110G everything is good.. until i am up to the last tank which is my beautiful TRIO..(while doing my daily routine, i was crying inside, and telling myself why my boss let go of me)

what the heck am i thinking, i fill the tank straight from the tap 45 degrees celsius, instead of using the age water for the tank..

i did a 75% wc of the tank and i fill it up all the way.. yeah guys, i burned them alive.. i know what you guys thinking.. and i am guilty..

LESSONS LEARNED:
please, whatever happens.. focus on what you are doing.. and if you feel like you are not in yourself, do it the next day or do it till when you are fully recovered.. that's what i learned from this issue..

again guys, sorry for all of these.. and thanks for reading..

marvin

MRQuad
06-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Marvin,

No worries. I used to work for a defense contractor. They were constantly laying people off for no apparent reason. Being a contractor is not easy. You have to be the best of the best and be liked or they try and find a reason to not "need your services" anymore. Trust me, I've seen it.

Good luck with the job search and hopefuly you'll come across something a bit more permanent. They say that the job market is recovering, so that may be a good sign for you in trying to find work. My thoughts are with you.

Best wishes!

thanks for this chad.. i appreciated it.. for now, im on the computer all the time.. just keep searching.. the company that i have worked with is a little bias.. they are more hiring someone that they've known and not the person that can perform the job.. i thought that doesn't exist here in canada, cause that's what happen in philippines too.. i guess it does exist all over the world.. :D

cmich
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
Marvin,
I'm very sorry to hear the bad news. I know you will bounce back soon, and I know it must be hard right now. Keep your head up, you have a great support system here on SD. You are doing a great job with the contest discus. Keep up the good work my friend. Brighter times are just ahead of you!

Blake

MRQuad
06-11-2009, 01:38 PM
sometimes people can be really mean towards someone to get ahead themselves. i'm a firm believer in Karma though and i believe what goes around comes around. that person will get theirs!

thanks again.. that's what exactly happens to me.. and this b**** been faking all the time and i can sense it.. oh well, i guess the job is not for me.. :)

Civic
06-11-2009, 01:44 PM
I dont know what to say at this point man - but just keep your head up. Something will come up and hopefully soon.

Scribbles
06-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad news Marvin. Sometimes bad things happen to good people and we just don't know why. I hope that you get a new pair out of the contest fish. With the economy improving you may get a better job where you are truly appreciated for all of your hard work. I know that its hard righr now but keep your chin up and remember that we're here for you.

Chris

rich_one
06-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I know I am new here, but I just wanted to say man... I am really sorry about all of that. I killed my discus once almost exactly the same way you did... got distracted and did not pay attention to the water I was using... terrible.

I hope everything works out for you on the job front... times are so tough right now... as has already been said, just keep your head up. I have always lived by trying not to stress over things you can no longer control.

Take care!

-Rich

calihawker
06-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Ah dude, I'm so sorry about the accident. I know how it is when you lose focus. Try not to let it bum you out to much or things can fall like dominos. Trust me I know. Focus on the good things. Your family, health and your friends on SD.

Take care bud.:)

bluwaters
06-11-2009, 09:43 PM
:cry:
It was an accident Marvin.
I am so sorry.
Please be gentle with yourself.

j_li8
06-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Keep your head up bro. They are the ones who are losing out on a hard worker. I quit a job i really enjoyed due to bad management. Their loss. As for you pair, accidents happen don't stress yourself out over it. Hope you get a pair or two from the challenge fish.

patrick richard
06-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Marvin,

I am sorry to hear about the misfortune that you are having as of late. Keep your head up, things always find a way of working themselves out.

Patrick

Justice
06-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad luck Marvin, I wish you the best.

fishyj
06-11-2009, 11:06 PM
Marvin, So sorry about the fish. Sorry about the job. You'll bounce back and end up with something better. There's no loyalty with companies anymore and with bosses either. Hoping you find something soon.

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Marvin, sorry too hear also about your misfortune. Things are starting to come around hopefully sooner then later, & even so never be down as industry always can be detrimental. Weather some like you & others don't it doesn't really matter as long as you have what they don't, a heart of gold! I really meen what I say, because I know exactly were your coming from. Keep up your head & keep on moving mate. Keep at'em, its never say never or I'll be back, your face can never be on a door enough for a job, I say!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

dpt8
06-12-2009, 06:21 AM
Marv, I have read your posts and all the replys. You do have a good place here to vent to all your real friends. I hope you find another job soon that doesn't have the stress of someone making up stories about you so they can try to make themselves look better. Good luck. In the meantime, keep focused on the contest and positive.. David T

dmoney
06-14-2009, 06:26 AM
hey bud I had no idea they let you go.. I know people teased you alot but u were a good worker.. I use to work as a mc temp on contract and they did the same thing to me.. than the only way I could get back in was through a temp agency.. do you know about EI (employment insurance) im sure you are eligible.. and man you lost that pair of discus??! the ones I really liked?!! man thats rough.. if you wanna know more about EI go to

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/menu/eihome.shtml

It can help you get income while you look for another job or consider other alternatives.

Best of luck to you and your family marv.. I know there will be a bunch of us that r gonna miss u for sure.. and now i dont have anybody to talk to about aquariums and fish.. but you still got my # so feel free to call me ne time alright

davE