PDA

View Full Version : Need lightbulb info

Disgirl
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Just got a new 75 gal. tank and it came with a 48" strip light with an awful colored fluor. bulb. Most of my discus have turquoise and also lots of reds and 2 pigeons. I have a BB tank with some artificial plants and artificial driftwood ( I chose them for cleanliness reasons) so don't need lighting to grow plants at this time. Can you suggest a 40 watt bulb that will show my fish's colors best? I do block some of that bright light from reaching the tank, too much light for them. Thanks for advice here!
Barbara :)

Chad Hughes
06-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Barb,

I like to use full spectrum bulbs. I just prefer them to others that tend to really alter colors a lot. HTH!

Best wishes!

Disgirl
06-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks Chad, today I went to a lfs and got a Hagen Aqua-Glo. It was a reasonable price ($18) for a 40W. The color is just what I hoped for and my discus look amazing under the light. I highly recommend it!
Barbara:)

Chad Hughes
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks Chad, today I went to a lfs and got a Hagen Aqua-Glo. It was a reasonable price ($18) for a 40W. The color is just what I hoped for and my discus look amazing under the light. I highly recommend it!
Barbara:)

Barb,

I'm glad you got the bulb that set the discus off just the way you wanted. It's amazing how many different lights you can get and the impact they have on colors.

Anyway, thanks for the PM and I hope to see you in NC in a couple of days.

Best wishes!