PDA

View Full Version : Should I move them

fishyj
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi all, My question is 2 fold. Right now they are in my 45. At what size should I move them to the 125? They are now around the 4" mark with maybe one of them a little bigger. The second part of the question is could I keep them with my rummy nose, cory cats and bn"s? I will be moving the other fish out and putting them into the 45 for now. The problem is that I can't keep all the fish in the 45.

Eddie
06-20-2009, 11:57 AM
Tough call Jim, only thing I could recommend is not mixing them with any other fish for the entire challenge. That is just my opinion.

Good luck with the decision,

Eddie

Armandi_Fishcarer
06-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Jim, you could move them out now or wait another couple wks. I wouldn't mix them with the other fish at this stage, & would wait till the remainder of the challenge, so they grow out to their full potential as mixing them with the others may hurt your chances of Winning! :D You could pull the RN,Cory's & BN out placing them in a heated storage bay(container) if you have one at hand big enough, so that you can prepare the 125 for the challenge fish. When ready, pull them out!

Regards
Ahmed ;)

MRQuad
06-21-2009, 10:26 PM
i agree with them.. just wait till the contest is finish..

fishyj
06-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Well, I decided to take everything out of my 125, clean the tank out and relocate my 6 to that tank with nothing else in the tank. For a while I will be filling the 125 half full and as they grow the water will increase. As for my 48, I will pick 5 of them for that tank, also keeping my 2 bn's and 2 cory cats. Every thing else will be given to my friend or maybe another tank. Any way thanks for the input.

Ardan
06-25-2009, 06:00 PM
For a while I will be filling the 125 half full and as they grow the water will increase. Very interesting:) Keep us posted and post some pics.

I do like the way your fish are looking:):) Keep up the good work

Ardan