PDA

View Full Version : ACA 2009 information

yogi
06-21-2009, 02:18 PM
This information is for anybody taking fish or showing fish at the 2009 ACA convention www.2009aca.com It turns out Cincinnati does not have the best tap water for discus. I was able to obtain a sample of the water from the hotel where the convention is being held. The hotel uses a water softener like many hotels in the area. My tests indicate a ph of 7.5, conductivity of 510ms, gh about 250, kh about 150 and less than 20 on nitrates.

The ACA is using 10 gallon tanks this year and they are heating the room to about 78 degrees. NADA will pay for electrical hook ups so discus people can use heaters. We will not be supplying the heaters so you need to bring your own. We are paying for extension cords, power strips and hotel charge. A 50 or 100 watt heater should be sufficient to heat a 10 gallon tank. I hope this helps anyone showing fish.

In order to show fish at the ACA convention, you must register for the convention. If you are a member of the ACA or the GCAS (Greater Cincinnati Aquarium Society), that rate is $40 until July 1st when it becomes $50. Also, entry for show fish closes on June 30th and we cannot accept any entries after that date. That leaves everyone about 9 days to get your registrations and entries in.