PDA

View Full Version : NE Discus Meet Auction!

mmorris
06-28-2009, 06:10 PM
The planning committee of this summer's NE Discus Meet is pleased to announce that a 50/50 auction will be part of the day's activities, tentatively scheduled for 3:00 pm on July 25, 2009. This is a great way for you to sell those items, including fish and plants, that are taking up valuable space and to buy whatever strikes your fancy! Ask your friends and family if they have any items they would like to send along with you, and let's make this first auction a success!

We have a lot of great items already lined up. Al has promised fish and beefheart. Mark will be contributing Aquaclear 500's, external C02 reactors, a 55G tank with stand, hood and filters, a 5 stage RO unit, and other items as well. There will be more fish tanks, including another 55 gal (tank only), a wet/dry sump and various types of worms for those who would like to raise live food for their fish.

When you arrive with your items for sale please see me immediately for a vendor number. :)

Address: 293 Al Harvey Rd
Stonington, Ct.

Directions: Directions: From I-95N: Take exit 91. At the end of the exit ramp turn right. Follow that Rd for 1.4 miles. Take your second right onto Al Harvey Rd. Continue 1.3 miles. The house is on the left. The mail box has #293 on it.

From I-95S Take exit 91. At the end of the ramp take a left. Follow the same directions as above.

50% of the sale will go to defray the costs of the meet, and 50% of the sale will go to the seller.
Contact me by pm or: martha_morris@hotmail.com

dpt8
06-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Martha, Do you mean July 25th Saturday ?? Looking forward to the meeing !! david

mmorris
06-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes, thank you, fixed!

shawnhu
06-29-2009, 02:43 AM
Do you have to be a NEDA member to attend? If so, how do you become one?

brewmaster15
06-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Shawn,
We call the group "the North East Discus Association" just to make it memorable and because we are an "Association" of Discus keepers in the Northeast.... but thats where the formality ends... Someday we may evolve into a formal club...but we have no immediate plans...we have no memberships, no membership dues, no rules and by-laws....no officers or councils....

Just a bunch of Discus keepers and friends that get together to socialize, talk fish, swap and sell stock, and often times..eat, drink and be merry.

All are always welcome.... if anything we want more and more participation!:)

hope to see you there!
-al

Richweg
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM
I'm new to the Discus hobby and just ran across this. Can't wait to join the group on the 25th and gain whatever information I could and also to relate my experiences since I started this fantastic portion of the hobby in January.

Rich W:

brewmaster15
06-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Excellent Rich!!!:)

-al

DiscussDiscus
06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I may finally be able to attend, I'm not slotted to be out of the country @ end of July!

Very excited, and may have some goodies of my own to offer/donate.

Let me know if I can help defray costs by cooking/bringing food, cus my second hobby is making stuff! :)

Regards,
Lee

mmorris
06-30-2009, 10:06 AM
That's great to hear, Lee! I'm the contact person for the potluck, so if you could pm me with what you might like to bring, that would be great! I won't hold you to it. :D If you have things for the auction, bring it along!
Martha

GrillMaster
07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Rich and Lee...Thats great news guys!! Look forward to meetin you two. :thumbsup:

jberg583
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
How was the meet? when is the next one scheduled. I'm very interested in getting to know the local crew

AngryBird
01-13-2010, 12:05 AM
I am interested as well. :)