Chad Adams
07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Anyone in the Atlanta Area
I have:
Fire Red Fry
Red Scribbled Fry
Red Snakeskin Fry
All Parents are Stendkers!
In my opinion some of the best Discus money can buy.
Parents of Scribbled & Snakeskin are:
Mother: Red Snakeskin Father: Red Scribbled
Parents of Fire Reds are:
Both Fire Reds
Red Scribbled & Snakeskin $15 each or 3/$40
Fire Reds $20 each or 3/$50
Will be ready on 7/15, they are nickel to quarter size now, feeding Eddie's
seafood mix so they'll probably be full grown in 2 wks:D:p:):confused:
Also eating Hikari FBW, BBS & Beefheart
Can possibly bring to ACA in OHIO, E-mail me for Details
Pics coming Real Soon!

Peachtree Discus
07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
sounds nice...definitely looking forward to the pics. :fish:

Eddie
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I have:
Fire Red Fry
Red Scribbled Fry
Red Snakeskin Fry
Both Fire Reds
Pics coming Real Soon!

ROTFLMAO!!!! That is so funny.....I say maybe 3 weeks. :D

Good luck with the sales, bet they go fast too. I'd take some if I could.

Take care,

Eddie

Chad Adams
07-03-2009, 10:36 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!! That is so funny.....I say maybe 3 weeks. :D

Good luck with the sales, bet they go fast too. I'd take some if I could.

Take care,

Eddie

Thanks Eddie, Thought you'd get a kick outta that:laugh:

jesstray
07-04-2009, 08:57 AM
How far are you from Gwinnett county? I have been looking for local breeders. I would get some now, but I will be traveling for business until Mid Sept. I would like to keep you in mind though.

Chad Adams
07-04-2009, 11:32 PM
How far are you from Gwinnett county? I have been looking for local breeders. I would get some now, but I will be traveling for business until Mid Sept. I would like to keep you in mind though.

Hey Jesstray,
I will have good sized stock by Mid-Sept.
I live in Acworth. Border of Cobb/Paulding Counties
Chad

scottishbloke
07-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Wow, chad- you are very close to me (I live in Woodstock behind the Bells Ferry Wal-Mart). I just began keeping discus only a month ago after a period of extensive reading concerning how to properly maintain them (previously I kept rainbowfish in a heavily planted tank for many years, which like frequent large water changes- I changed about 70% weekly), and discovered this forum very recently. If I had known about you beforehand, I would have waited a bit longer and bought all my fish from you, as local breeders are always better than the LFS. I am still looking for 2 fish, however, and am interested in your Red Scribbled fry, which I would grow out in a separate bare-bottom tank and eventually add to my main show tank (now barebottom with petrified wood foreground rocks, branchy manzanita driftwood, and some huge Amazon Swords potted in fluorite at the back). So far, the fish I have are growing fast.

Colin

Chad Adams
07-05-2009, 09:15 AM
Wow, chad- you are very close to me (I live in Woodstock behind the Bells Ferry Wal-Mart).

Colin

Colin,
You have no idea. I work in Towne Lake. I could probably hit your house
with a rock! I guess you probably bought your discus from Creation Reef & Aquatics, right? You live off the Eagle Dr extension, hunh?
Chad

scottishbloke
07-06-2009, 01:34 AM
You are 100% right on all counts, mate! I work around here too- at Etowah High School.

I must say that at first, I wasn't sure if I should have destroyed my fully planted rainbowfish tank (which I almost entered into the ADA contest for next year) to a barebottom, but now I can see why discus fans love these fish so much and will do anything to keep them happy and healthy- they really are just the most stunning freshwater fish I've ever seen, even though none of mine are fully grown (some are quite small- between 2.5" and 3", as I couldn't afford it to buy them all big). I can't wait to see how they will look at full size, and my missus loves them too; she may even start helping me do my 3 times weekly 50% water changes. Is this enough w/c for younger fish in your opinion- I am new to discus and would appreciate your comments, as I have read that you are a very experienced keeper.

Hopefully we can meet up sometime and I can maybe put some business your way- I know some friends who would like discus but can't afford LFS prices; I've seen 3.5" to 4" discus sold for around $200 a pop in some stores :-0 I bet your fish for that price are much better than the LFS ones.

Cheers Mate,

Colin

Chad Adams
07-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey Colin,
The one good thing is the Discus you bought
from Creation Reef should have been Stendkers.
Do you remember what kind you got?
What size is your tank?

Chad Adams
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey Colin,
If you can tell me what size your tank is
I can give you advice on WC schedule
Chad

scottishbloke
07-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Hey Mate- sorry I've been away a while; I'm currently doing my final online college courses for teacher certification, they are time-compressed and the amount of work is...kicking my rear end!! Should be done by the 20th (phew!!)

My tank is a 55g. When I have the time, I also do little 10-20% water changes in between the big ones just to suck out the poop. The fish I bought are (I believe): 1 Blue Snakeskin, 1 "Flachen" (also blue- very nice), 1 Blue Diamond, 1 Marlboro Red or Fire Red (not quite sure- it is solid bright orange with black edged fins and a little speckling). I now also unexpectedly have another fish, the smallest, that a friend gave to me as he recently moved back to Ohio (along with 7 Cardinal Tetras and a Neon). I guess I don't really have the space for any more now, according to the 10 gallons per fish recommendation. I was told the new one is a Pigeon Blood Red (it is white with "crazy paving" red pattern; the fins are red and white striped with black edges and quite a bit of speckling on the body/face). It's kinda shy and hides a lot- did not like being in a small quarantine tank. The four I got from Creation Reef- not 100% sure if they really are Stendkers; the store has a Discus Care sheet that mentions Discus Hans as being a supplier, and the beefheart mix they sell is supposedly a Discus Hans recipe as well, yet they are supposed to sell Stendkers. Maybe the sheet was written a while ago, though, before their move to Woodstock.

Anyway, gotta go and do some school work, then a water change before my kids get up from nap. Talk again soon.

Colin

scottthomas
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I am 100% certain that the discus you bought are from Hans Discus. I have been to that pet store many times. I spoke with the owners (very nice and honest people) often about who to order discus from when they first opened. They pretty much decided early on that they wanted only Stendeker Discus. It has been open for about a year- they did not move from another location. The food mix they sell is also from Hans Discus. I tried some and my fish all seem to like it well enough.

Scott

scottishbloke
07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Scott- thanks for the info! I thought they were probably Stendkers, but wasn't 100% sure about it. Well, now I know :D I noticed that they have a couple of little Stendker Discus posters on the wall beside their discus tanks.
The food I'm feeding is all frozen and a mix of SFB beefheart, spirulinia brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and small bloodworms, which they devour with gusto; however, they absolutely refuse to eat Sera discus granules and Hikari discus cubes, and they had a really hard time eating the large Hikari bloodworms, which ended up in piles on the tank bottom, so I stopped feeding these. I may try the Hans Discus food mix the store sells as well, and they probably need more greens in their diet too.

Chad- did my first ever 100% water change today...fish look very happy. I removed almost all the rocks, and the tank looks just as good without them; its now just 5 big plants in homemade pots and driftwood now.

Colin
P.S. Sorry Chad, I kinda hijacked your thread...would still love to see your fish

Chad Adams
07-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Hey Guys,
Finally able to take some time to gets pics up.
Thanks for all the business & PM's
Chad

Chad Adams
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
***Forgot to add guys***
:balloon::balloon:20% of all sales will be sent to SimplyDiscus:balloon::balloon:

GrillMaster
07-15-2009, 10:31 PM
***Forgot to add guys***
:balloon::balloon:20% of all sales will be sent to SimplyDiscus:balloon::balloon:

Very nice gesture Chad!! :)

scottishbloke
07-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Chad- love the pics- your fish are absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing:)

Colin

scottthomas
07-16-2009, 09:59 AM
Nice,

I may have to pay you a visit. I am trying to finish construction on my fish room and will have plenty of space for some new fish. I live in Kennesaw near the University.

Scott

Chad Adams
07-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Very nice gesture Chad!! :)

Hey Mark,
Thanks, It's the least I could do. I owe a great deal of my
enjoyment & success to Simply!

Chad- love the pics- your fish are absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing:)

Colin
Hey Colin,
Thanks, You're welcome to stop by any time. I am about 20-25 mins
from you.
Chad

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 11:36 AM
*Forgot to add guys***
:balloon::balloon:20% of all sales will be sent to SimplyDiscus:balloon::balloon: Thanks so much Chad!!:)

-al

Chad Adams
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks so much Chad!!:)

-al

You're welcome Al;)

Chad Adams
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Nice,

I may have to pay you a visit. I am trying to finish construction on my fish room and will have plenty of space for some new fish. I live in Kennesaw near the University.

Scott
Hey Scott, That would be great. You're welcome to stop anytime. I
actually play ice hockey right next to KSU.
If you need any help on that fishroom, shoot me an e-mail. I'm about
10-15 mins from you.
Chad

Peachtree Discus
07-23-2009, 11:51 AM
hey Chad, i may be interested in stopping by for a few fry. Will i be able to come by and pick out exactly what i want?

Chad Adams
07-23-2009, 12:00 PM
hey Chad, i may be interested in stopping by for a few fry. Will i be able to come by and pick out exactly what i want?

Absolutely Wes, Anytime. You can e-mail me or call me. The rest of this
week may be tough. But, pretty open earlier part of next week
Chad

Chad Adams
07-27-2009, 09:28 AM
Wanted to remind everyone I will be traveling to Cincinnati for the ACA
convention on Friday. Taking all remaining discus with me.
I still have about 20 Fire Reds, 30-40 or so Scribbled & Red Snakeskins.
I will be traveling up through Tennessee, Kentucky & Ohio.
I am willing to meet anyone at exits etc...or in Cincy.
I'll also get some more pics up
Chad

mattdang
07-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I got 4 of Chad's discus and they are wonderful. Can't wait to breed them once they turn to adults. Chad is a wonderful person, got all the helps from him. Thanks for the fish Chad!

Chad Adams
07-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Glad you like them Matt. Grow 'em Big!:p
Chad

H82LOS3
07-29-2009, 12:56 PM
I have:
Fire Red Fry
Red Scribbled Fry
Red Snakeskin Fry
Both Fire Reds
Pics coming Real Soon!

Great pics :)

mattdang
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
How's your trip to Cinncinati Chad? I hope you got some nice discus and breed them.

Chad Adams
08-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey Matt,
Trip to Cincinnati was Great! We had a blast. Was profitable as well. I sold
a few discus & put the rest in the auction. I was pleased with the result.
Surprisingly there was not a lot of discus for sale. Not in my price range anyhow. There was several wilds for sale, but not my cup 'o tea at this time.
How are your little ones doing?
Chad

mattdang
08-08-2009, 11:26 PM
I am glad you had fun. Two of the fire reds seem like they don't want to eat since :( the snakeskin and scribbled have out grown the fire red. What should I do?

Chad Adams
08-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Matt,
I will call you on Sunday.
Check your water parameters first. Post them & your situation
in the disease/sickness section. There is a lot of good advice out there
with several years experiance.
Chad

reed1
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
I have:
Fire Red Fry
Red Scribbled Fry
Red Snakeskin Fry
Both Fire Reds
Pics coming Real Soon!

Hey I was wondering if I could possibly come by and see some of your fry to buy to add on to my discuss tank right now. Shoot me an e-mail please. I live about 10 minutes from the KSU campus. Thanks again

reed1
11-23-2009, 02:27 AM
hey, when will your next batch of fry be ready?

Chad Adams
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Reed,
I'll have Snakeskins, Scribbled & Fire Red fry ready in about 3 wks. All
come from Stendker parents. I'll post some pics soon.
Chad

05 LL Stang
11-23-2009, 11:36 PM
I may be interested in some of those Reds.

Chad Adams
11-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Hey, I used to work in Roswell. Where abouts do you live?

darkknight87
11-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Hey Chad.
I know I already sent you an email, but I thought id shoot you a reponse on here too, so I could tell everyone that you are infact an awesome person to meet.

Instead of meeting you, I may come by and hand pick them this time, I now have more reliable transportation

05 LL Stang
11-24-2009, 08:09 AM
I live near 92 and West Wind across from the Home Depot.

Chad Adams
11-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow, I used to work 2 lights down at 92 & Hwy 9.
Do you have discus now?
Chad

pipo
11-24-2009, 05:57 PM
Chad,

Do you still have fry available?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Peter

Chad Adams
11-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey Peter,
I'll have more available in about 3 wks of all kinds-quarter size.
I have several accounted for, but I have quite a few.
Thanks for inquiring.
Chad

TRUC10507
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Hi
can you ship them to AZ?
I like to have some Fire Red.
PM me if you can
thx

Chad Adams
11-24-2009, 08:55 PM
Sorry, No experience with shipping:(

pipo
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Good deal. I am assuming you will let us know here. Are you living close to I 85. I have a friend that drives quite often through ATL to Montgomery, Al. He could come by or meet you to pick up the fish.

Thanks,

05 LL Stang
11-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Wow, I used to work 2 lights down at 92 & Hwy 9.
Do you have discus now?
Chad

I have 7, 3 fire reds, 2 PBR, 2 PBS all from Stendker and range in size from 3.5" to 5.5"

Chad Adams
11-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Good deal. I am assuming you will let us know here. Are you living close to I 85. I have a friend that drives quite often through ATL to Montgomery, Al. He could come by or meet you to pick up the fish.

Thanks,
Hey pipo, Yes, I'll probably even start a new post when they are ready to go.
Thanks for inquiring.

I have 7, 3 fire reds, 2 PBR, 2 PBS all from Stendker and range in size from 3.5" to 5.5"

Wow, That's great. Keep in touch & I'll let you know when
they're fat enough to go.
Chad