PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I enlarge thumbnails?

dvc_r
07-01-2009, 04:23 PM
When I click on a thumbnail in anyone's post all I get is an opaque black box. Is there a software program I need to download (ie Java)? I do not have this problem on any other websites (including other fish forums).

Please help! I would love to see bigger pictures everyone's Discus!

DonMD
07-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Try a different browser?

dvc_r
07-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Nope, that didn't work. I usually use Mozilla/Firefox, I just went back to IE but I'm getting the same results.
Any other ideas?
Thank you for giving it a stab

Eddie
07-01-2009, 09:28 PM
What type of internet connection do you have? Mine does the same but after about 7-10 seconds, the picture comes up. How long have you waited to see if the pictures comes up eventually?

Eddie

dvc_r
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I tried that too, but still nothing. I've found a way around it by right clicking the thumbnail and opening it in either a new window or new tab... it works for now.
Thanks

PS: Eddie, how big is Okinawa? I has a good friend that lives there. He moved there when he joined the Marines over 25 years ago and never came back to the states.

Eddie
07-02-2009, 12:17 AM
Okinawa is great, its pretty big. I haven't been all around the whole island but pretty far north and fairly far down south. I think on a day, you could drive it completely up and down in about 4-5 hours, maybe less. :o

Eddie

Ryan
07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
It's possible that it's a security setting. Do you have any kind of ad-block programs or do you have an internet security/anti-virus software that disables Java-based sites? The pop-up box is Java-based, I think.

dvc_r
07-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Do you have any kind of ad-block programs

Let's try it... I went into my tools options (Mozilla) and added the website in the "exceptions" tab.
I'll let you know.
Thanks again

Wahter
07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Have you tried clearing out your cache?

Walter