PDA

View Full Version : Ph Crash

rave 2468
07-03-2009, 06:49 AM
My ph dropped to 6.0 or silightly below 2 days ago, I did two water changes after i had that ph crash, i tested my water yesterday everything is good, i tested it again today and there is no change, still good. My ph is 6.8 to 7.0, kh is 3,Gh is 5, NitriAtes is 5, Ammonia 0 Niitries 0. My temp is 85, all the fish are good in colour. The only thing now is that there are all breathing very heavy from both gills, each time i go to the tank they all get scared and hide, this all started after the ph crashed 2 days ago, but my water is fine now. So i dont know whats causeing them to do that? They really freak out when i go to the tank or at any slight nosie. could it be from the ph dropping then going up again? i dont know what to do.

Ardan
07-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Is your ph stable?

Test ph at the tap. Then put some water in a bucket with aeration overnight. Retest the ph. If it has changed more than .2, then you have to age the water to stabalize the ph.

Do you use dechlor?
Do you have chloramines?

What happened to make the ph crash? or why did you test ph to know it was a crash?
Just trying to help figure what happened:)

hth
Ardan

poconogal
07-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Ardan, Ryan is using RO/DI water for his WCs.

rave 2468
07-03-2009, 07:36 AM
As Connie said i use RO water. My fish were breathing very heavy thats when i tested my water and i noticed my ph has droped. I always add ro right to my water.

Roxanne
07-03-2009, 01:07 PM
My ph dropped to 6.0 or silightly below 2 days ago, I did two water changes after i had that ph crash,..

could it be from the ph dropping then going up again? i dont know what to do.

Like Ardan said, you need to aerate some source water overnight to test it's stability...my water isn't stable so I need to aerate and do regular partial water changes at least twice a week.

Second, you need to test your tank every 4-6 hours to check if there is any movement in the ph in the tank because yes, you are right, this will irritate them and make them skittish.

Do you have driftwood in your tank?

Rox

rave 2468
07-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Ok i will check my water often. I have 2 peaces of driftwood in my tank

Roxanne
07-03-2009, 02:06 PM
...let us know the results....might just be the driftwood..how big is your tank and how big is the driftood?

Rox

rave 2468
07-03-2009, 03:27 PM
90 gal, the driftwood is not that big. I think they are irritated cause of the drop of the ph, then i brought it back up. I just have to keep my water stable.