PDA

View Full Version : Week #7, Water Change #6...

Chad Hughes
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Well, as you all may well know, I went out of town so I missed a water change. Regardless of the skip in routine all is well. The fish are doing great and the water parameters were spot on upon my return.

I actually performed the last water change on Monday but wasn't able to post up until today. Below is a picture of the tank when I got home. It was VERY dark in the tank with all the overhead plant cover. The plant life exploded while I was away.

Here is a link to a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cKy4Z458nc)that I took as well. It's kind of crappy. There was too much sunlight light showing through the window. Anyway, nothing too new to report. Just wanted to give you all an update and try and stay on schedule with the posts.

Best wishes!

acroken
07-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Chad,
Very cool video. Fish and tank look great! I am glad everything went well while you were away. They look happy your home:)Your method is working very well! Great work with them.

Kenny

Eddie
07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
Very nice Chad, the fish look awesome as usual!

Take care,

Eddie

Chad Hughes
07-08-2009, 01:17 AM
Chad,
Very cool video. Fish and tank look great! I am glad everything went well while you were away. They look happy your home:)Your method is working very well! Great work with them.

Kenny

Kenny,

Thanks so much. I wasn't overly worries while I was away, but I was certainly ready to get back and check on the babies! LOL! thanks for the kind words!

Very nice Chad, the fish look awesome as usual!

Take care,

Eddie

Thanks Eddie! So far so good. I think this is going to be a very tough competition. :o

Take care!

Eddie
07-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks Eddie! So far so good. I think this is going to be a very tough competition. :o

Take care!

Oh man is it, it's gonna be down to a hair measurement!

Take care,

Eddie

rickztahone
07-08-2009, 02:34 AM
you got a really big boy in there Chad. how have they been growing in comparison with each other? evenly? i've been seeing somewhat of a variance in size difference amongst some of the contestants. do you have an established pecking order? they are looking great btw

Disgirl
07-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Great looking fish and tank Chad! I enjoy seeing these beautiful challenge fish in a planted tank. Once again please tell us what those plants are. I have a tall tank to set up and would like to put tall growing plants into it eventually.
Barb:)

Scribbles
07-08-2009, 09:05 AM
Great video Chad. Looks like all was well while you were gone. Discus and plants just kept growing. Looking good.

Chris

wgtaylor
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey Chad, great video.
Looked like they had full bellies and still looking for food. Can always tell when they are healthy when they are doing that. Really good looking batch of babies you have. :)
And of course I'm always anxious to see how the plants have grown, everything looks great Chad. Good job.
Take care,

Bill

Chad Hughes
07-08-2009, 11:15 AM
you got a really big boy in there Chad. how have they been growing in comparison with each other? evenly? i've been seeing somewhat of a variance in size difference amongst some of the contestants. do you have an established pecking order? they are looking great btw

Thanks Rick!

Growth amongst the group us definately staggered. ALthough there is one big one, the others are not too far behind. Early on in the contest the pecking order was very strong, especially around feeding time. I split the feedings up in the tank by feeding on two diffrent sides at the same time. This allowed those that were less agressive to eat their fair share. Had I not done that, I'd likely see smaller fish in the group.

Best wishes!

Great looking fish and tank Chad! I enjoy seeing these beautiful challenge fish in a planted tank. Once again please tell us what those plants are. I have a tall tank to set up and would like to put tall growing plants into it eventually.
Barb:)

Hey Barb!

Sorry to have missed you during my visit to North Carolina. I really would have loved to see you. The bulk of the plants in this tank are cabomba and rotalla. Nothing too fancy. I like the tall fast growers. They really take up a lot of nutrients in the water. If you need plants to get you started in your tall tank, let me know. I trim about every two weeks and always have TONS of perfectly good clippings.

Great video Chad. Looks like all was well while you were gone. Discus and plants just kept growing. Looking good.

Chris

Chris,

Yeah, I was really suprised with the plants. Not sure what kicked that growth spurt off. The fish are doing great! No complaints here. Thanks for the compliments!

Hey Chad, great video.
Looked like they had full bellies and still looking for food. Can always tell when they are healthy when they are doing that. Really good looking batch of babies you have. :)
And of course I'm always anxious to see how the plants have grown, everything looks great Chad. Good job.
Take care,

Bill

Thanks Bill!

These guys just can't get enough to eat. I've had plenty of energetic discus in the past, but these guys take that energy to a hwole new level. They're a little crazy! LOL! Thanks for the compliments!

Best wishes!

calihawker
07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Nice Chad! Love the video!

Chad Hughes
07-09-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks Steve! Have a great weekend!

Best wishes!

Armandi_Fishcarer
07-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Chad, WoW, looking amazing. Yes, the plants have taken off very well. Clips every 2wks, I wish my plants were as generous. I didn't recognise the tank at first & thought you were trying to trick us. :D Believe me bro. all is coming along nicely. The fish look extremely energetic & vibriant, I wonder what else is in their food, emmm! :p Good luck love the vid! :bandana:

Regards
Ahmed ;)

Chad Hughes
07-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Hey Ahmed!

Thanks for the compliments. No hidden secets or food additives! It's all in these threads! They are super energetic though! I wish I had that much energy! LOL!

Best wishes!

fishyj
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Really like the video. All these fish are real beauties.

Mr Wild
07-11-2009, 11:56 PM
Just goorrrrgeous!

Chad Hughes
07-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Really like the video. All these fish are real beauties.

Thanks Jim!

Just goorrrrgeous!

Thanks Kath!