PDA

View Full Version : Tank Raised F1 Festivums for sale...

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Hi all,
I have many juvenile Festivums, Mesonauta acora availible for sale and shipment to the USA. These are F1 from wild stock that originated from Jeff Rapps at Tangeledupincichlids.

Parents are here...

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44048&d=1242692805

http://www.forum.simplydiscus.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44052&d=1242692805

Ryan Smith raised the parents to adult and then sent them to me....They've been great fish for me and have bred prolifically...so much so that I have tanks of them..I've got juvies in with my heckels,greens and domestics Discus... also in with my Uaru and rotkeil severums.

These cichlids are very hardy and very forgiving fish.... They are usually described as gentle...and Generally having a good disposition for cichlids but can be a bit aggressive, particularly at breeding age (personal observations).....If you are looking for some let me know..I'm offering these at a great size for shipping and raising..the fry are about 1.5" TL and they eat everything.

Prices are $7 each for a minimum of 6 fish ordered at a time..Shipping is additional. I have shipped these cross country by priority mail once and that was fine....Fedex is also availible. I can do better on the price if quantities are bought.

Do some research and if this species sounds like a good match for your tank..let me know.

Heres the fry availible...

-al

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 09:15 AM
last pic...

poconogal
07-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Oh I am soooo tempted, I loved my Festivum. These guys look gorgeous, Al. Hmmmm, if I don't have to commute to a job anymore, I'll have time to open at least one more tank! How many do you think I can put in a 45? Of course, I'm looking to get a 125 for the Discus so then I'll have my 75 free...

Al, do you know if they will darken with a dark substrate/background?

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi Connie,
Actually the fry shots I posted this thread are from a 45 gal breeder tank.:) So for a while...I'd say a 45 would easily be good for a group of 6-12:)

-al

ps... That tank has a laterite reddish substrate and I only use that, natural silica or bare..no appreciable difference in fish color.

poconogal
07-16-2009, 09:53 AM
Okay, thanks Al. Hmmm, I'm thinking.... black substrate and background, which I already have, the white festivums and a school of something red.... oh this is dangerous. Got to see how the funds look.

Ryan
07-16-2009, 12:13 PM
They are great fish. I only got rid of them because of some water issues and an upcoming move. I bought a wild group of another species, Mesonauta festivus, and now they are spawning in my 150. I'm going to have to sell some adults eventually because I'm quickly running out of space.

Al, all the juvies look great.

dmun24
07-16-2009, 12:18 PM
WOW AL looking good may have to take some next time. dennis

Ryan
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Al, have you tried throwing a batch of six up on Aquabid?

Disgirl
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Good looking fish Al! Just want to remind everyone that these are long lived fish. Mine is over 11 yrs. and looks no different than he/she did 6 yrs. ago.
Barb:)

Ryan
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Barb, I'd love to see him if you have pictures!

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Ryan,

Thanks! they had great healthy parents from you!:) I haven't tried aquabid yet...I've actually never tried selling anything there...but I may have to.

Dennis,
Any time.:)

-al

Disgirl
07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Barb, I'd love to see him if you have pictures!

OK, now that I know how to do this, here you go! He/she is in a 65 gal. tank with 8 large angels. I think it thinks it is an angel. It's mate died about 4 yrs ago at age 7. It's eyes are bright and clear not cloudy like in the pic.
Barb

brewmaster15
07-16-2009, 05:05 PM
OK, now that I know how to do this, here you go! He/she is in a 65 gal. tank with 8 large angels. I think it thinks it is an angel. It's mate died about 4 yrs ago at age 7. It's eyes are bright and clear not cloudy like in the pic.
Barb

Looking real good for an old timer Barb!:)

-al

brewmaster15
09-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Still have em! and more.:):):)

-al

brewmaster15
07-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

I still work with this line here and have a bunch of young Adult F1 and F2 's availible if anyone is interested...I can ship Continental USA.....Locals in the area welcome for pickup.

These really are a great little cichlid...and can be very prolific if you are looking for something to play around with and breed. As I type this my original wild pair and 2 pairs of F1 offspring are sitting on eggs. which means I'm about to be swimming in these guys again,:)

drop me a Pm if interested..

thanks,
al

Ryan
08-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I just unloaded all of my Mesonauta festivus. They're cool fish, but all they did was breed and fight.

If people are looking for something similar to angelfish but a little more uncommon, these are the way to go.