PDA

View Full Version : NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

yogi
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Discus NADA www.discusnada.org is gathering information about doing a discus show in Dallas, Texas June 11th - 13th, 2010. This thread and poll is to gauge people's interest in attending. This is the weekend before fathers day weekend.

The reason Dallas, Texas. John Nicholson can get free use of the Texas Cichlid Associations tanks and equipment. Four Simply members are also NADA and TCA members.

The hotel we're looking at is an Embassy Suites near the Dallas airport and it has shuttle service. Rooms would be $95.00 per night and it includes a cooked to order breakfast each day. We would need to book at least 60 room nights to get the show area for $200.00 per day. We probably also need to get insurance. There breakdown is 10 rooms Thursday, 25 rooms Friday and 25 rooms Saturday. Please take in to consideration on wether you would be flying in or driving in and calculate these expenses into your decision on attending.

As far as speakers go we're looking at John Nicholson, Discus Han's, Cary Strong and Al Sabetta. Others being considered are Tony Silva, Heiko, Dick Au or Andrew Soh. It would probably be only one or two from this second group.

Possible schedule 2 speakers Friday night, 3 or 4 speakers Saturday plus one at the dinner Saturday night. It could be a banquet or it could be a Texas barbque. Sunday would be an auction and maybe even one speaker first. As far as the discus show goes we would like to have 6 classes. Will there be cash prizes? We would like to have them, but it will depend on where we are with our finances.

As far as raising money. NADA will have to do discus raffles almost every month between now and the show. Our next raffle will be announced shortly after the ACA convention. I'm also thinking outside the fish community. I would like to do a car raffle. NADA is a 501(c)(3) non profit corporation. I will need to apply for a permit with the state of Oregon. I have all the paperwork and I will be taking it to the ACA to show others what we need to do. If we pull off the car raffle there will be big cash prizes for the discus show.

I need you opinions on doing this, I feel North America is overdue for a real discus show. So please let us know what you think? If you want to send me an email directly you can send it to discusnada@gmail.com Everything posted above is subject to change.

Discus-n00b
07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Sounds great to me. An all star roster for the speakers too.

Questions that might run through minds. Do you have to be a NADA member to attend? To place fish in the show? To attend the speakers? Etc. I'm not a member myself, yet and i'd plan to become a member before attending anyway, but i was just asking in general because i know others might be thinking the same thing.

I'd attend if this went through. Dallas isn't to far, nice and pretty centrally located.

Scribbles
07-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a wonderful idea. The only reason that I voted no is because I'm not comfortable traveling due to a loss of vision.

Chris

yogi
07-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Becoming a NADA member would be in the registration package. A NADA membership is only $10.00 I can't say what a registration would cost, but in 1995 at the last Discus Study Group show I attended, I think it was either $85.00 or $100.00 I would like to try and keep it under that. Our registration would include the show and speakers, the NADA membership and the Saturday dinner. A T-shirt might be additional. You did raise a good point about entering fish in the show. I don't know if we could do with discus what they do with bettas at a show. They except mail ins. You don't go to the show, but you mail in your entries. I think they usually auction them off instead of getting them back. You would have to be a NADA member to do this, but you wouldn't have to pay the full registration since your not attending. On the other hand if you are attending and want to enter fish you must pay the full registration.

Chris I' sorry to hear about your vision. I really don't know what else to say about it.

Scribbles
07-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Chris I' sorry to hear about your vision.

Thank you. Perhaps you should switch my vote to maybe. I will see if I can convince my brother to come with me. Maybe you could sell CDs of the speaker's lectures as a way to raise funds.

Chris

Tad
07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Jerry,
I would seriously make an attempt to attend, I fully endorse NADA taking this step at a national discus show...

Tad

Elite Aquaria
07-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Jerry, I will be there with fish...:D

Discus-n00b
07-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Becoming a NADA member would be in the registration package. A NADA membership is only $10.00 I can't say what a registration would cost, but in 1995 at the last Discus Study Group show I attended, I think it was either $85.00 or $100.00 I would like to try and keep it under that. Our registration would include the show and speakers, the NADA membership and the Saturday dinner. A T-shirt might be additional. You did raise a good point about entering fish in the show. I don't know if we could do with discus what they do with bettas at a show. They except mail ins. You don't go to the show, but you mail in your entries. I think they usually auction them off instead of getting them back. You would have to be a NADA member to do this, but you wouldn't have to pay the full registration since your not attending. On the other hand if you are attending and want to enter fish you must pay the full registration.

Chris I' sorry to hear about your vision. I really don't know what else to say about it.

Thanks for clarifying. I love shirts! Even if they require additional fees, shows you where you've been! ;) Its like a tattoo thats less permanent.

Eddie
07-23-2009, 12:42 AM
I would also try to attend, all the way from Japan. ;) That would be an awesome place to meet many of the greats in the discus community.

Good luck with everything Jerry!

Eddie

John_Nicholson
07-23-2009, 02:35 PM
So we are planning on putting on the best discus show that this country has ever seen and only 12 people are going to show up? Come on folks there has to be more then 12 hard core discus people on this site....

-john

smsimcik
07-23-2009, 05:47 PM
John, I'm not exactly hard core, but I would like to attend. I would love to meet you, Hans, Tony Silva, Al, Eddie, etal. I'm sure it would also be a great learning experience.

alpine
07-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I will attend . Great part of the Country for discus . I really believe is going to work .
Everyone , show te support this show deserves !

Roberto

Eddie
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Exactly John! If I am gonna fly all the way from Okinawa Japan, you people had better meet me there!!!!! ;)

Take care,

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM
I am commiting NOW. Like Dan I remember the old shows and I will tell anyone who did not have the pleasure of attending one that you will not regret going. I will bring fish (as I did in 95 Tampa) and donate to NADA all procedes to help defer costs. I REALLY hope to meet most of you there,,, EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE. Andrew Soh and Dick Au amoung others mentioned would be most favorable. Did I mention IM in? Sween, Maybe the mad Canadian can drive your way and pick you up? We could sit back at the meetings and munch on bowls of discus bits and on occasion throw some at Joe Gargas:D

Mrylln
07-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for clarifying. I love shirts! Even if they require additional fees, shows you where you've been! ;) Its like a tattoo thats less permanent.

You, sir, take an amazing photograph!

Mrylln
07-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I am commiting NOW. Like Dan I remember the old shows and I will tell anyone who did not have the pleasure of attending one that you will not regret going. I will bring fish (as I did in 95 Tampa) and donate to NADA all procedes to help defer costs. I REALLY hope to meet most of you there,,, EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE. Andrew Soh and Dick Au amoung others mentioned would be most favorable. Did I mention IM in? Sween, Maybe the mad Canadian can drive your way and pick you up? We could sit back at the meetings and munch on bowls of discus bits and on occasion throw some at Joe Gargas:D

LOUD SQUEAL OF DELIGHT!!! Sounds like the makings of a plan, Mostman! The Three Amigos ride again!:bandana:

John_Nicholson
07-23-2009, 09:13 PM
I am here to tell everyone that you will have a great time! There will be no replacement for this show. Remember we are just asking who would be interested in showing up. Voting in the poll is not a real commitment. Please let us know if this is something that NADA needs to commit too. When we first started NADA one of the complaints was that we were not doing enough. Sometimes it takes a while for a club to get up and running but here is our chance to make NADA into a happening thing.

-john

P.S. I hope this happens. There are a lot of new folks on here that I would like to meet.

Jhhnn
07-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I voted probably. I can't remember the last time I went anywhere by myself, sans wife and children, other than Home Depot or my hometown to visit my mother...

I figure $1K ought to be entirely enough to budget for everything- airfare from Denver and all, with something left over...

discusjoe27
07-24-2009, 12:58 AM
I'm right next door to Dallas. I voted yes. will it cost anything to get in to the show i'm :confused: thanks.

rickztahone
07-24-2009, 03:08 AM
i'm thinking of crashing at my uncle's house after like 10 yrs of not seeing him just to make this show. i will try to plan out the schematics.

mkv
07-24-2009, 05:32 PM
This in on my backyard. No way I'll miss the opportunity to meet the speakers and other hobbyist.

Eddie
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
Lets get some show of hands! Come on folks, did you see who will be speaking and maybe some possibles speakers. Many people bringing fish and just an amazing congregation of discus people from all over! I am sure you can spin it if you plan in advance. I'm planning now and its not even remotely cheap for me to fly from Okinawa Japan. I look forward to meeting everyone from Simply! The Team, the sponsors the members and everybody!

Take care,

Eddie

ShinShin
07-24-2009, 10:43 PM
I'm all in.

Mat

yim11
07-25-2009, 10:11 PM
The speaker line up can't be beat, no doubt about that!!

What I hope to see is a room where we can walk in and see some of the best fish from the great Simply sponsors - John and Andy, Mike D. and Mike B., Eric, Al, Angel, Hans, Jack, Dan E. and Dan V., Cary, Bill, Kenny, Ken, Mark, George, etc. Not to mention all the hobbyist entries! Could be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see all those great fish in one room!!

Eddie
07-25-2009, 10:53 PM
Excellent, thats another! Here is what I don't understand, everyday there about 400+ people logging onto Simply and barely 40 people have decided on whether or not they are gonna go, thats unreal. This is going to be what you make of it people. Lots of amazing discus enthusiasts and alot of superior quality fish. If this goes off, I am there, already decided! Looking forward to meeting some of the greats, past present and future! All of you!

Take care,

Eddie

ShinShin
07-26-2009, 12:20 AM
Promoting a discus show is a big event. Support is needed. Who must this support come from? Betta keepers? Rift Lake cichlid keepers? Guppy keepers? No. Discus keepers.

Now is the time to step up and support a discus show put on by discus keepers for discus keepers, if we can put it together. We need the hobbyists as well as the professional breeders and importers.

Show up in Dallas.

Mat

terps
07-26-2009, 10:28 AM
You guys do know we are in a depression. Many people have lost their jobs. Many will lose their jobs as unemployment continues to rise(over 500,000 every month). Many have lost a third or more of their stock investments in the last year. Many are concerned about the value of their house as it continues to fall. Many have had their hours cut at work and their salaries cut and are worried their pensions might get cut. Things are very tough right now and they probably won't get better for a very long time. So with all these concerns, it makes it hard for people to commit to any kind of event in the future.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/17588181/Sprott-Comment-July-2009

The true total unemployment rate is around 16.5 - 20% and getting worse.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/07/06/true-unemployment-rate-already-at-20.aspx

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t12.htm

Eddie
07-26-2009, 10:32 AM
You guys do know we are in a depression. Many people have lost their jobs. Many will lose their jobs as unemployment continues to rise(over 500,000 every month). Many have lost a third or more of their stock investments in the last year. Many are concerned about the value of their house as it continues to fall. Many have had their hours cut at work and their salaries cut and are worried their pensions might get cut. Things are very tough right now and they probably won't get better for a very long time. So with all these concerns, it makes it hard for people to commit to any kind of event in the future.

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topstocks/archive/2009/07/06/true-unemployment-rate-already-at-20.aspx

There is always the armed forces! ;)

Eddie

korbi_doc
07-26-2009, 11:14 AM
By cracky, if I'm physically ok, I'll find a way to get there...hated missing the ACA & the NEDA, but I'm finding myself "physically challenged", & the ACA is across town & there is no shuttle; can't even pull a suitcase, never mind drive that...but next yr maybe things will get better...would love to see this plan work & would support any way I can...sounds like a wonderful, fun mtg...boy would I love to be able to bring fish, the spirit is willing....lol....

Dottie ;)

silent_thunder
07-26-2009, 11:30 AM
I know a girl in Dallas I have not seen in a long time LOL

Dallas here I come and I ain`t going to jail THIS time LOL

D

Eddie
07-26-2009, 11:34 AM
I know a girl in Dallas I have not seen in a long time LOL

Dallas here I come and I ain`t going to jail THIS time LOL

D

Sounds like a plan Daniel, cause if you go....I am sure I'll be with ya! LOL

Take care,

Eddie

silent_thunder
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a plan Daniel, cause if you go....I am sure I'll be with ya! LOL

Take care,

Eddie

I have to go....I am part discus now =L=

Besides IF you are comming from Japan...I can drive 10 hours to meet you!

As well as many others!

What an oppertunity!

silent_thunder
07-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Cowboy BOOTS Eddie....you can`t be in Texas without a pair...they don`t care for people that don`t wear em...and its a state where MANY carry guns on their hips!

WHat size do you wear I may have a pair to fit you LOL...

OK no more hijacking this thread....its a biggie..

D

John_Nicholson
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I understand your concerns, but me are not asking you to lock yourself in. We are looking for the interest level.

Thanks

-john

Discusgeo2
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I would have to wait and see what Discus I have left so I said no for the moment. I did pull some nice Royal Ruby Red stock from my Tony Tan shipment for myself and would have to wait an see how they turn out next year.

Discus-Hans
07-27-2009, 03:45 AM
I would have to wait and see what Discus I have left so I said no for the moment. I did pull some nice Royal Ruby Red stock from my Tony Tan shipment for myself and would have to wait an see how they turn out next year.

Sorry George I don't see the relation between the question and the answer????

Joanne & I will be there FOR SURE and John & Jerry just give the number how many Discus you want in the show, they will be there, (if needed) we will fill ANY empty tank.

Hans

wadewc
07-27-2009, 01:15 PM
This sounds great. It is close enough i can drive. I am really looking forward to this event and looking at all the great discus. I esspecially look forward to meeting everybody.

Wade

Scribbles
07-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Ok, I can't miss this. I'm in.

Chris

John_Nicholson
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
George I would love to finally meet you so I hope those fish turn out nice...LOL. For everyone else that has shown interest all I can say is THANKS. I think this think is going to turn out great.

-john

Eddie
07-28-2009, 08:29 PM
I think so too John, I am totally in. Already told the wife! I am going to the NADA discus show in Dallas next year, no ifs ands or buts!

Hope more people think about it and can make arrangements to come, I think it will definitely well worth it!!!

Eddie

ashaysathe
07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Sounds like a good opportunity to hang out in Texas area.. I will be there. June 2010.

Carolina discus
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Jerry,
Hope you are well...as we discussed...i will be there and would help anyway I can....

Just let me know...

Eric

yogi
07-29-2009, 05:19 PM
I'm happy to see all the replies, votes and views this thread has received. I'm leaving tomorrow to go to the ACA convention and won't be back until Sunday. I will be talking to a few people there about NADA doing a discus show next year. I will also take lots of pictures to post in another thread.

NADA has to move forward with fundraising if we want this show to happen. We will be starting our next discus raffle after the convention is over. It will be for 4 Wattley turquoise at about 2 1/2 inches plus free shipping. We will keep raffle tickets at $5.00 each and limit it to only 125 tickets. This raffle will only be good for people living in the USA. It will take some work, but we hope to do raffles every month to raise money.

MostlyDiscus
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
YO gee,

If there is a division for home breed discus that would be great my friend. My fear is that with so many quality fish comming from overseas that they will be entered into the show with no props given to our friends that have so diligently breed fish overseas. Some of us remeber back issues of discus brief and this was a topic of conversation. Give credit where credit is due.

Ed

yogi
07-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Ed a home bred division would be great. But how do prove who bred their fish and who bought their fish? Did they get it from a U.S. breeder or an overseas breeder?

MostlyDiscus
07-29-2009, 08:13 PM
I hear u there. I really just wanted to give credit where credit was do. I think most breeders would be honest about it though. Most other folks here have great discus anyway. A group of young, say 6 or 10 min for the breeders division may work. PM me when you get the chance... I would love to help as much as I can. Greatfully Ed

John_Nicholson
07-30-2009, 10:59 AM
I understand what you are saying, but I think it is more of a confidence problem. Though the years I have only seen a few home bred entries shown, but you know what? They did very well. Home bred entries can absolutely compete with the "big boys" All we need is for people to bring them.

-john

Eddie
07-30-2009, 12:05 PM
I understand what you are saying, but I think it is more of a confidence problem. Though the years I have only seen a few home bred entries shown, but you know what? They did very well. Home bred entries can absolutely compete with the "big boys" All we need is for people to bring them.

-john

That would be great John, love to see that!

Take care,

Eddie

ashaysathe
07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Eddie make sure u get some Sake when you come and we will have a Japenese - Indian fusion party when we meet in Dallas.

Moon
07-30-2009, 04:37 PM
Eddie make sure u get some Sake when you come and we will have a Japenese - Indian fusion party when we meet in Dallas.

Make sure that you organize a cricket match. We can teach Texans how to play the game.
Joe

Chad Hughes
07-30-2009, 04:50 PM
I'll be there with one caveat. I work for the Department of Defense and I am in a deployable status. That would be the only thing that could interrupt my plans for attendance. Other than that, count me in!

Best wishes!

Discus-n00b
07-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll be there with one caveat. I work for the Department of Defense and I am in a deployable status. That would be the only thing that could interrupt my plans for attendance. Other than that, count me in!

Best wishes!

I'll be just getting back a couple months prior from a deployment....this will be a treat for me! ;)

MostlyDiscus
07-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Agreed. We need to nuture our home grown breeders. Cricket works. I really hope it works for you Chad. Would be a great time.

Ed

Eddie
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM

Hey Ashay, me and sake don't mix! A little too much octane in that stuff! LOL

Man, I think this show is gonna be something else! I cannot wait!

Eddie

discusjoe27
07-31-2009, 12:18 AM
is there away to print out fliers? I know of 5-10 discus shops that would help out, or lend some discus out for free to be raffled off.

Txredneck
07-31-2009, 06:31 AM
Yogi
I will be there
if you bring ice cream .
Thanks
jon
ps Tell Tony I said HI

ashaysathe
07-31-2009, 08:57 AM
Make sure that you organize a cricket match. We can teach Texans how to play the game.
Joe

Hey Joe how is it going? Been a while. Honestly, I know 5 people from 5 different clubs in Dallas area. So if I am there on a Sunday count on it that I will be plyaing a cricket match there.

Hey Ashay, me and sake don't mix! A little too much octane in that stuff! LOL

Man, I think this show is gonna be something else! I cannot wait!

Eddie

Forget the octane ... focus on the propane. You get the stuff we will figure out the details in person. Will be fun to see you.

Not to digress the thread - should be a fun meeting as many as possible and good timing. If it was winter even better - getting away from NE winters

Eddie
07-31-2009, 09:13 AM
Forget the octane ... focus on the propane. You get the stuff we will figure out the details in person. Will be fun to see you.

Not to digress the thread - should be a fun meeting as many as possible and good timing. If it was winter even better - getting away from NE winters

For sure Ashay, can't wait! I think it would be so cool for each and every Simply member to try and make it out. Hope to finally meet everyone!

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Hope there is some sushi too. Sake and sushi,, yum Cant wait...

Ed

jerbear
08-01-2009, 10:52 PM
After going to the ACA convention today, we really do need our own convention.. I sure hope NADA gets enough support to put this one own. If they do, I know I will be there!!!

Eddie
08-01-2009, 11:25 PM
After going to the ACA convention today, we really do need our own convention.. I sure hope NADA gets enough support to put this one own. If they do, I know I will be there!!!

Was it that bad!

Eddie

jerbear
08-01-2009, 11:37 PM
The vendor section was great!!! I just wanted to see more Discus’s at the convention and have all the workshops geared to these fish in someway or the other... There are so many topics we can have workshops on if NADA can put this convention on from proper care, planted tanks with Discus, breeding, wilds, nutrition the list goes on and on… Now that would be a convention I could stay at few days and enjoy every minute!!:D:D:D

Eddie
08-02-2009, 12:33 AM
The vendor section was great!!! I just wanted to see more Discus’s at the convention and have all the workshops geared to these fish in someway or the other... There are so many topics we can have workshops on if NADA can put this convention on from proper care, planted tanks with Discus, breeding, wilds, nutrition the list goes on and on… Now that would be a convention I could stay at few days and enjoy every minute!!:D:D:D

Did they serve alcohol? LMAO....Just Kidding :D

Eddie

John_Nicholson
08-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Don't worry everything at out show will be aimed at discus. I think the support is there. Although I missed the ACA this year (still working on the fish house...LOL, should have electicity by this evening) several of the other officers/board members are there. I have not talked to them much but a couple of things I know so far. Our hotel is close to the airport and has a shutle, Our hotel is nicer and offers more stuff for the price. Not sure what eles they will find, but we are trying to leave no stone unturned in making this a success. I would expect ya'll to see non-stop raffels between now and the show so we will not be constrained by lack of funds.

-john

jerbear
08-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Don't worry everything at out show will be aimed at discus. I think the support is there. Although I missed the ACA this year (still working on the fish house...LOL, should have electicity by this evening) several of the other officers/board members are there. I have not talked to them much but a couple of things I know so far. Our hotel is close to the airport and has a shutle, Our hotel is nicer and offers more stuff for the price. Not sure what eles they will find, but we are trying to leave no stone unturned in making this a success. I would expect ya'll to see non-stop raffels between now and the show so we will not be constrained by lack of funds.

-john

Sounds like a great time.. NADA will have my full support! Other than buying raffel tickets and showing up to the convention please let me know what else I can do..

Eddie
08-02-2009, 08:18 AM

-john

Hey John, aside from Raffles, is there a way to just contribute funds for the NADA discus show? That would be a good thing to help out as well, I think!

Eddie

Discus-n00b
08-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey John, aside from Raffles, is there a way to just contribute funds for the NADA discus show? That would be a good thing to help out as well, I think!

Eddie

I Agree.

TCT
08-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I'll be attending NADA Discus Show Dallas, Texas

MostlyDiscus
08-02-2009, 02:18 PM
Did they serve alcohol? LMAO....Just Kidding :D

Eddie

Will there be BEER? Im not kidding....;)

yim11
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Will there be BEER? Im not kidding....;)

I will personally guarantee it!

MostlyDiscus
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
I will personally guarantee it!

That statement is as big as Texas, Bold and beautifull.

John_Nicholson
08-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Well Eddie I don't think it will help you but for the folks in the states can make a tax deductible donation. We are a full fledge non-profit organization. Besides I think the fact that you are coming from 1/2 around the world is enough...LOL. Man this thing is going to be great.

-john

yim11
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM
That statement is as big as Texas, Bold and beautifull.

We don't mess around here in Texas when it comes to our beer:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/3782382943_db16dbe395.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3783193898_fff935d672.jpg

Link to donate to NADA is below (all donations are GREATLY appreciated, watch for our next raffle for WATTLEY fish coming very soon)!!

Link: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=TVSom19bQSun5LMaPWM_eJYwODJIUx9jqj-YlgiKUCD5bfZevIghwXvIEKe&dispatch=5885d80a13c0db1fb6947b0aeae66fdb090c3508d f63c7a01f761c9e563d3d93

If that link is messed up (since its a paypal link) please go to the NADA homepage at http://www.discusnada.org/ and you will see the link to make a donation.

Thanks!
-jim

Eddie
08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Well Eddie I don't think it will help you but for the folks in the states can make a tax deductible donation. We are a full fledge non-profit organization. Besides I think the fact that you are coming from 1/2 around the world is enough...LOL. Man this thing is going to be great.

-john

Hey John, I am pretty sure I can also make a tax deductible donation, I still do my taxes. LOL

A little bit of money from everyone can definitely add up!

Good to hear there will be beer too! LOL

Take care and super exited about it!

Eddie

LizStreithorst
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
John, Dottie, Hansie, Mat, I can't wait so see y'all again. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Scribbles
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Is the NADA discus show a sure thing yet? Also, there are many Embassy Suites in Dallas, which one will be the show site?

Chris

Eddie
08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Is the NADA discus show a sure thing yet? Also, there are many Embassy Suites in Dallas, which one will be the show site?

Chris

I think the dates are set but I haven't heard about the exact location and hotel. Once it's out though, I am making reservations!!! :D

Eddie

Scribbles
08-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Me too!!!

Chris

Eddie
08-09-2009, 07:51 PM
You know, I think alot of people are gonna miss out on this amazing event. I really hope those who have decided not to go, change there mind because its gonna one to remember! The caliber of speakers and discus being brought is going to the best ever! Not only that, all the people we see on here day in and day out will be able to come together for a truly memorable occasion. I wouldn't miss it for the world!

See you all there!

Eddie

MostlyDiscus
08-09-2009, 09:09 PM
I think more people will make it you think. The old shows were awesome.

John_Nicholson
08-09-2009, 09:29 PM
I have not checked in with Jim , but last week we were just trying to work out one last detail on the contract before signing the contract. I will check with him sometime in the coming week.

-john

P.S. And ya'll are right this is going to be a huge time. Anyone that misses it will regret it in the long run.

Discus-n00b
08-11-2009, 08:20 AM

Going back to the first page a second. This question just came to me. Concerning the membership with the registration, is it just the means to become a member (form to fill out) or will that cost be included into the registration? What if you are already a member or will be a member before hand if the costs are included?

Looking forward to it.

Eddie
08-15-2009, 09:04 AM
More participation would be fantastic! See you all there!

Eddie

bradp
08-19-2009, 11:09 AM
I just ran across this thread. I'm new to discus and would love to attend. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with as I live in Dallas.

John_Nicholson
08-19-2009, 01:23 PM
Will do. You can keep an eye on the NADA page for developments and several of us "locals" are also members of the Texas Cichlid Assn. We normally have meetings on the 3rd Saturday of the month. The website is http://home.flash.net/~tcichlid/ Hope to see ya there. Ohh and when deer season starts I tend to miss a few meetings.....LOL.

-john

Lytehouse
08-20-2009, 08:42 PM
This sounds great...

Will updates be posted here?

fishfarm
08-20-2009, 10:25 PM
YO gee,

If there is a division for home breed discus that would be great my friend. My fear is that with so many quality fish comming from overseas that they will be entered into the show with no props given to our friends that have so diligently breed fish overseas. Some of us remeber back issues of discus brief and this was a topic of conversation. Give credit where credit is due.

Ed

In Cinci at the ACA a hobbyist won the discus division, so it can happen! Ken

Discus-Hans
08-20-2009, 11:15 PM
In Cinci at the ACA a hobbyist won the discus division, so it can happen! Ken

??????????????????????????

Hans

yogi
08-23-2009, 05:36 PM
It looks like the NADA show will become official this week. Enough votes are yes in our board meeting for it to happen. We will have to sign the contract with the hotel and give a deposit.

We have not figured out the pricing, but if you are an up to date paid NADA member you will save $10.00

Discus-Hans
08-23-2009, 05:46 PM
GREAT NEWS JERRY.

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hans

Dkarc@Aol.com
08-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Im getting excited for this as well. Any idea on the speaker topics??

-Ryan

Eddie
08-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Great news Jerry! Really excited about it! Tried to get the wife to come too but she said, she sees enough discus every day so NO WAY!! LOL :D

Take care,

Eddie

Discus-Hans
08-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Im getting excited for this as well. Any idea on the speaker topics??

-Ryan

ha ha ha DISCUS probably,

Hans

Discus-Hans
08-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Great news Jerry! Really excited about it! Tried to get the wife to come too but she said, she sees enough discus every day so NO WAY!! LOL :D

Take care,

Eddie

Maybe she wants to see some REAL Discus (and Discus freaks) JUST KIDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Hans

alpine
08-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Hans, I wish I could fly to your get together this saturday . I wish everyone that will attend will be sold on attending the Dallas Discus Show !!!

Roberto.

Scribbles
08-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Great news! I can hardly wait. Do you know which hotel it will be held in yet?

Chris

MostlyDiscus
08-23-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice... should be alot of fun. My wife will not be there either. The only thing stopping me from staying up all night is falling asleep:p

Eddie
08-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Maybe she wants to see some REAL Discus (and Discus freaks) JUST KIDDINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Hans

Oh.......what a low blow Hans.......LOL, I know I know, she hasn't seen a stendker up close. She still ain't going, I think she would rather watch grass grow than see some nice fish.

Take care,

Eddie

yim11
08-24-2009, 01:04 AM
I just ran across this thread. I'm new to discus and would love to attend. Let me know if there is anything that I can help with as I live in Dallas.

Thanks Brad, we can always use more help, I'll send you a PM.

This sounds great...

Will updates be posted here?

They will, along with a NADA site dedicated to this event.

Great news! I can hardly wait. Do you know which hotel it will be held in yet?

Chris

We do, but need a few more days before we can release the booking info, we have worked really hard to get a great deal for everyone, I think you will be impressed.

Stay tuned!
-jim

GrillMaster
08-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I will more than likely be there as well. My wife an I will probably take a lil 3 day vacation and fly down. I see alot of camaraderie bein thrown around in this thread and would love to be a part of it!

Count us in!! :D :D :D

Or me anyways...;)

yim11
08-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Great to hear! I'll have a couple bags of authentic Texas Mesquite wood chips for you to take back for the next NEDA BBQ and meeting!

Take care,
-jim

I will more than likely be there as well. My wife an I will probably take a lil 3 day vacation and fly down. I see alot of camaraderie bein thrown around in this thread and would love to be a part of it!

Count us in!! :D :D :D

Or me anyways...;)

silent_thunder
08-25-2009, 12:59 AM
How things change...

I will be LIVING in Dallas by then LOL...long story short...I am getting married and will make my move there...

Just need to know when and where to send the money and will have to buy 2 memberships...

Of course my new wife will be attending...

I as well, since I will be living there would be available to help out in any way you would need me...

yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwww!

Thx!

Scribbles
08-25-2009, 02:13 AM
How things change...

I will be LIVING in Dallas by then LOL...long story short...I am getting married and will make my move there...

Just need to know when and where to send the money and will have to buy 2 memberships...

Of course my new wife will be attending...

I as well, since I will be living there would be available to help out in any way you would need me...

yeeeeeeeeeehawwwwwwww!

Thx!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Chris

Moon
08-25-2009, 10:44 AM
I'd like to change my vote from probably to definitely.

silent_thunder
08-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks Chris...

yim11
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Update:

The hotel is confirmed and ready for reservations! We really have a nice hotel and the room rate is almost too good to believe!!

We are at the Embassy Suites by the Airport, and among the many amenities they offer are a custom cooked breakfast to all guests, as well as an open bar in the evening for a an hour or so. The food selection is superb! I've attached a few pictures of the main atrium area.

Here is the link so you can go ahead and make your reservations now:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/DFWSHES-NAD-20100610/index.jhtml

Using that link will ensure you receive our preferential pricing.

Shuttle service is available to and from the airport as well as to any locations within a 5 mile radius of the hotel, so that will get you to a couple of nice shopping centers and a mall.

Our show website will be launched very soon and will have online reservation information as well as details for the show events, speakers, and all other info.

It's going to be a GREAT time!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3520/3866001852_60f94a8b35.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2521/3865217761_b7f530dc36.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/3865218709_9c7da2836f.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3467/3865219533_06c763b9fc.jpg

texasdiscusman
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
Oh Jim you did a heck of a job on this place.And open bar for a hour you will know where to find me.Great job and great hotel way to kick this event off.

Discus-Hans
08-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Holy crappellamony you guys did a great job there.

Even without Discus it looks like a great place to be for a few days.

Ask them to raise the temp. of that inside pool, nice place to drop the left over Discus after the show :D :D :D

Joanne & Hans

yim11
08-28-2009, 08:09 PM
LMAO! The first thing me and John said when we walked in and saw the water and koi was "going to be some culls in there before its over...."

Holy crappellamony you guys did a great job there.

Even without Discus it looks like a great place to be for a few days.

Ask them to raise the temp. of that inside pool, nice place to drop the left over Discus after the show :D :D :D

Joanne & Hans

Discus-Hans
08-28-2009, 08:26 PM
LMAO! The first thing me and John said when we walked in and saw the water and koi was "going to be some culls in there before its over...."

What was that with "great minds etc etc" lol lol

Hans

Moon
08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Breakfast TOO Early. Open Bar YES I'll be there.
Joe

Eddie
08-28-2009, 10:11 PM
WOOHOOO!! Reservation MADE!!!

Confirmation Number: *****337
Check-in: Thu 10 Jun 2010
Check-out: Sun 13 Jun 2010
Rooms: 1
Guests per Room: 1 Adult
Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking

SEE EVERYBODY THERE!!!!

yim11
08-29-2009, 12:27 AM
If you want Eddie, I can have the hotel setup a 55g in your room so you don't miss all those water changes! We can put one of the koi from the lobby pond in it!

Seriously though, first beers on me when ya get here (if the jet lag ain't too bad)!

WOOHOOO!! Reservation MADE!!!

Confirmation Number: *****337
Guests per Room: 1 Adult
Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking

SEE EVERYBODY THERE!!!!

Eddie
08-29-2009, 12:59 AM
If you want Eddie, I can have the hotel setup a 55g in your room so you don't miss all those water changes! We can put one of the koi from the lobby pond in it!

Seriously though, first beers on me when ya get here (if the jet lag ain't too bad)!

Oh no Jim, no worries.....I will simulate using the bathtub! :D

Jet lag, I'll be having none of that since the family and I will be in California already. I am just taking a little break while all the family is with the parents. The wifee is cool with it except she gets to go to Thailand in the spring. ;)

I'll be taking that beer and then the second one, is on me! ;)

Eddie

Discus-n00b
08-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Nice! I'll be booking my room very soon, probably tonight! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Eddie
08-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Nice! I'll be booking my room very soon, probably tonight! Can't wait to meet everyone.

Definitely Matt, will be great to meet you and all the great Simply members. I hope that everyone will be able to come. I think it is going to be a BLAST!!!

Eddie

John_Nicholson
08-29-2009, 09:10 AM
Hans what did you expect? You came to the ACA down here in '05 you know we always do things first class...LOL. Man I can hardly wait....

-john

jerbear
08-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Wahoo!!! We are SO jazzed about this....my spouse, Manny, and I have made our reservations as well...so we are going to be there...although I don't drink, Manny is going to be chugging down his signature drink...MARGARITAS...LOL...what a ferry...LOL...

Here's our reservation info.
Stay Information
Confirmation Number: XXXXX21
Guests per Room: 2 Adults
Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking; King

Manny seems to think that the culls should be saved...so he's on a mission...if he finds any culls in the ponds, he's rescuing them and taking them to some displacement house for Discuss fish....Fish are "people" too he says...LOL...

We are both really looking forward to this event :)

Eddie
08-29-2009, 11:21 PM
Wahoo!!! We are SO jazzed about this....my spouse, Manny, and I have made our reservations as well...so we are going to be there...although I don't drink, Manny is going to be chugging down his signature drink...MARGARITAS...LOL...what a ferry...LOL...

Here's our reservation info.
Stay Information
Confirmation Number: XXXXX21
Guests per Room: 2 Adults
Room Type Preferences: Non-Smoking; King

Manny seems to think that the culls should be saved...so he's on a mission...if he finds any culls in the ponds, he's rescuing them and taking them to some displacement house for Discuss fish....Fish are "people" too he says...LOL...

We are both really looking forward to this event :)

Be great to meet you Jerry and Manny! Its gonna be an amazing event for sure!

Eddie

Scribbles
08-30-2009, 02:50 AM
I'm finalizing plans and will have reservations tomorrow. I'm adding on a day or two as I have never been to Dallas and never go on vacation. Anyone know where I can find boarding for a very active large dog in the Seattle area? You can PM me if you have any reccomendations. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Chris

yim11
08-30-2009, 03:18 PM
Just a quick update on our confirmed speakers (which is always subject to change and/or substitutions of course) -

Jack Wattley
John Nicholson
Tony Silva
Discus Hans

We are finalizing some plans with a few other very exciting speakers and I look forward to posting those details as soon as we have everything worked out.

Discus-n00b
08-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Great list of speakers, looking forward to hearing them.

I should have my reservation done by tomorrow morning/afternoon!!

MostlyDiscus
08-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Andrew Soh

John_Nicholson
08-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Looks like you can add Dick Au to the confirmed speaker list.

-john

Discus-Hans
08-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Ed, I think Andrew is going to cost a lot of money to fly in, maybe somebody wants to sponsor him, it would be great..............don't point your finger at me.

Discus Hans USA is sponsoring Hans & Joanne already :angel:

Hans

BTW I know there is a spoon NOW.

Txredneck
08-30-2009, 09:46 PM
Looks like a good list of speakers
I will be there
PS good job guys

Eddie
08-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow, that should be a great experience to see and hear the speakers for the show. I can't wait!

Eddie

Scribbles
08-30-2009, 10:57 PM
Great list of speakers! First rate job on the show guys. My reservations are made. See ya there.

Chris

MostlyDiscus
08-30-2009, 11:35 PM
All of the speakers so far are awesome Hans. I cant wait:p

Finman57
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Hans, you can sponsor me too?
LOL

Discus-n00b
09-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Reservations are made! Looking forward to Dallas!

Discus-Hans
09-01-2009, 02:14 AM
I vote Al Sabetta (Brewmaster) should be a speaker at the show.

Hans

Eddie
09-01-2009, 03:54 AM
I vote Al Sabetta (Brewmaster) should be a speaker at the show.

Hans

I second that vote! Come on Al

Eddie

yogi
09-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Just to let you all know Al is an invited speaker. We're just waiting to hear back from him.

yogi
09-01-2009, 09:36 AM
I also want to thank Discus Hans USA for sponsoring Discus Hans. This is one of our biggest obstacles right now. Finding sponsors to help offset the cost of bringing in some of the speakers.

subcooler
09-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Just to let you all know Al is an invited speaker. We're just waiting to hear back from him.

Jerry,
It was great chatting with you Sat. @ Han's place.
From the pics it looks like you were the only one I was talking too (Lol)!

It would be great if Al brought his NE Discus talks onto a national stage!:balloon::balloon:

Hope to see you all in Dallas-Even if they are home to the NFL Cowboys!

Peace,
Rob

John_Nicholson
09-03-2009, 11:14 AM
Rob you know that the Cowboy's rule.....LOL.

-john

brewmaster15
09-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I'm in:):):):), and really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Great talking with you again last night John!

-al

Discus-Hans
09-08-2009, 11:34 AM
Okay, now the show can start!!!!!!!!!

Hans

alpine
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Finally will meet Al.....WOW ... Great !

Roberto.

alpine
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I hope tose 19 that indicated "Will not attend " have real great excuses . This is going o be "The Show of Shows "

Roberto

Eddie
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm in:):):):), and really looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Great talking with you again last night John!

-al

HELL YEAH AL!!! I'll finally get to meet "The Man"!!!! Be great to see you there Al.

Take care

I hope tose 19 that indicated "Will not attend " have real great excuses . This is going o be "The Show of Shows "

Roberto

Yup, Thats what I'm talking about! It is definitely going to be one to remember forever!!!

See everyone there!!!

Eddie

Scribbles
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Roberto

How about lost most of my vision and found out a couple of weeks ago that I will lose the rest of it. But have changed my mind and am coming anyway. So switch my vote to definately coming. The reservations are made! :cowboy: Yee Haw!

Chris

Eddie
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
How about lost most of my vision and found out a couple of weeks ago that I will lose the rest of it. But have changed my mind and am coming anyway. So switch my vote to definately coming. The reservations are made! :cowboy: Yee Haw!

Chris

Sorry to hear Chris, totally understandable but its great that you are coming even with the unfortunate circumstances. Can't wait to meet you! You are a trooper!

Eddie

Dkarc@Aol.com
09-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Going to do my best to attend what will hopefully turn out to be an amazing show!!

-Ryan

Discus-n00b
09-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Woo hoo. Looking forward to meeting you Al, as well as the rest of the people i have yet to have the honor of meeting.

mench
09-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Well time to start talking to my road trip buds and see if they want to join me to look at some silly flat feesh...Gary currently is out of fish and into frogs,whats up with that? haven't heard from Steve in a long while,but there is another discus bud that may want to come along...so as long as my semi-old bod stays together,I will be there...not sure if we will fly or drive,I have a new ride and have nuttin but time so maybe a nice drive might be in order...it will be nice to meet up with old friends and find new ones.may have to get in town early for a lil sight seeing.
John,tell them to turn the heat down a little bit,just for the weekend..a nice 80% will be fine.see ya

Mench

John_Nicholson
09-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Don't worry Mench it is normally pleasant that time of year. I would predict mid 80's.

-john

korbi_doc
09-10-2009, 05:17 PM
:D Hey Mench, wouldn't you like to trip thru Memphis Tennessee area on your way to big ole' Texas?? You could pick me up on the way & I wouldn't have to drive alone...such a long trip for this ole' lady....I'd meet you on the way, or one of your buds could drive with me, lol,lol,lol,............j/k.....

Dottie ;)

Well time to start talking to my road trip buds and see if they want to join me to look at some silly flat feesh...Gary currently is out of fish and into frogs,whats up with that? haven't heard from Steve in a long while,but there is another discus bud that may want to come along...so as long as my semi-old bod stays together,I will be there...not sure if we will fly or drive,I have a new ride and have nuttin but time so maybe a nice drive might be in order...it will be nice to meet up with old friends and find new ones.may have to get in town early for a lil sight seeing.
John,tell them to turn the heat down a little bit,just for the weekend..a nice 80% will be fine.see ya

Mench

Scribbles
09-16-2009, 07:41 PM
If all goes well I'm planning on arriving Wed and the Mariners are playing the Rangers. Does anyone know if the stadium is in an ok part of town to be in at night? Or if the person I'm with will need to rent a car or can we take a cab at a resonable rate?

Chris

yim11
09-16-2009, 07:50 PM
If all goes well I'm planning on arriving Wed and the Mariners are playing the Rangers. Does anyone know if the stadium is in an ok part of town to be in at night? Or if the person I'm with will need to rent a car or can we take a cab at a resonable rate?

Chris

Hi Chris,

The stadium is in a nice part of town, with plenty of lodging and restaurants very close by.

I don't personally take many taxis around here, they seem to be kind of expensive, so I would recommend a rental since I think that might be more cost effective. The hotel offers shuttle service to any place w/in 5 miles of the hotel, unfortunately the stadium is outside that radius.

Hope that helps, please let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Thanks,
-jim

alpine
09-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Mench, it is 920 miles from my hometown in Lexington, Ky . Nice easy drive . I did it last year . I stayed at a hotel where I could see the baseball stadium and the new football stadium and huge amusement park . Amazing !
I will bring some nice Ky Bourbon especially for you.
Roberto

Scribbles
09-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Chris,

The stadium is in a nice part of town, with plenty of lodging and restaurants very close by.

I don't personally take many taxis around here, they seem to be kind of expensive, so I would recommend a rental since I think that might be more cost effective. The hotel offers shuttle service to any place w/in 5 miles of the hotel, unfortunately the stadium is outside that radius.

Hope that helps, please let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Thanks,
-jim

Thanks Jim, that helps alot!

Chris

yim11
09-17-2009, 12:48 AM
Mench, it is 920 miles from my hometown in Lexington, Ky . Nice easy drive . I did it last year . I stayed at a hotel where I could see the baseball stadium and the new football stadium and huge amusement park . Amazing !
I will bring some nice Ky Bourbon especially for you.
Roberto

Wow Roberto! What do I have to do to get in on that kind of deal!!!????

:) jim

RandyP
10-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Well I understand an old friend of mine (John) is having a discus show next year in Texas....I guess that was enough to peak my interest and sign back on to a discus forum........John I guess Tracey and I will just have to put that date on our calender and come for a visit....It will be good to see all of the old timers again......Randy

Discus-Hans
10-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Well I understand an old friend of mine (John) is having a discus show next year in Texas....I guess that was enough to peak my interest and sign back on to a discus forum........John I guess Tracey and I will just have to put that date on our calender and come for a visit....It will be good to see all of the old timers again......Randy

Now wait a second...................Randy, Tracey...........I think I know those people :p

Hans

RandyP
10-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Now wait a second...................Randy, Tracey...........I think I know those people :p

Hans

Hi Hans tried to send you a PM but I cant yet as I don't have enough post to use that option .....Cant remember my old log on name and password so I had to sign on with a new name LOL

Try to call you this weekend if you are available...

Discus-Hans
10-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Hi Hans tried to send you a PM but I cant yet as I don't have enough post to use that option .....Cant remember my old log on name and password so I had to sign on with a new name LOL

Try to call you this weekend if you are available...

Where ever I'm, my cell phone is, just like my head, always with me that is......here is my cell phone but were was my head???????????

Hans

RandyP
10-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Where ever I'm, my cell phone is, just like my head, always with me that is......here is my cell phone but were was my head???????????

Hans

LOL.....I see a number of old timers are still around by looking at some of the post......Been a long time......lots to catch up on

Discus-Hans
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
LOL.....I see a number of old timers are still around by looking at some of the post......Been a long time......lots to catch up on

We just had the ACA in Cincinnati again (was my first one, remember?) Carry and I, both had our T-shirts (I printed back than) I think from that year, the group we had, not many are left, Lee passed away, Anand....no idea, pfffff who were there more????

Hans

RandyP
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
We just had the ACA in Cincinnati again (was my first one, remember?) Carry and I, both had our T-shirts (I printed back than) I think from that year, the group we had, not many are left, Lee passed away, Anand....no idea, pfffff who were there more????

Hans

Yes I remember ...the old 1307 room t-shirts......I still have mine also.....
Wasn't that the year we did the luau theme and all the girls dressed in grass skirts...LOL

didn't know about Lee passing:sad:

John_Nicholson
10-02-2009, 01:15 PM
You know Randy when I saw the name and location I was wondering if it was you. Man it will be great to see ya'll again. One correction though NADA is having the show I am just one of the many little Indians trying to help make it happen.

-john

Discus-Hans
10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
All little Indians need a Chief, we call him Little John,

Hans

alpine
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
John, thanks for the correction !

Roberto.

JimG817
10-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I am a resident of DFW and a newbie to raising discus, but I will most definitely be there. I will be interesting putting faces to the names I read on hear all the time and to meet the "stars", aged and new alike. The only thing that would keep me away, is my wife is expecting our first and could be delivering around that timeframe.

Discus-Hans
10-20-2009, 12:37 PM
The only thing that would keep me away, is my wife is expecting our first and could be delivering around that timeframe.

That's not an excuse not to come :D :D :angel: we understand your wife is not coming but YOU ????? :D :D

Hans

JimG817
10-20-2009, 01:17 PM
well that will be my excuse. I will just tell her that Hans said that I have to be there even if she won't be. I 'm sure she will be completely understanding about it all!!!;)

John_Nicholson
10-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Jim I have 3 daughters and 1 grandaughter. Don't worry about the birth, its no big deal, and besides the child will not remember it anyway, but the FIRST EVER NADA SHOW will only come along once.

I know that you would hate to miss that.....

-john

brewmaster15
10-20-2009, 02:14 PM
John,
With all these Discus Breeders there, we should be able to handle a baby delivery should Jim's wife have it there, right?:):D:D:D

Seriously Hey Jim, Congrats on the addition coming to your family. Good date there.. June 12 th is my Sons 7th B-day... we are still working on the logistics for that one...Hope I get to meet you there at the meeting.

-al:)

terps
10-20-2009, 03:01 PM
If the show is a go, you might want to start advertising it. The ACA already has a website up for their 2010 show.

http://www.aca2010.com/

They have a facebook page as well.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=47525947234

Plus you might want to start advertising it on the search engines. Place ads to show when people search for "discus" or "discus fish". Then have the ad link take them to NADA's home page or a landing page that has the discus show information. You have to get the word out early so people can plan ahead.

http://sem.smallbusiness.yahoo.com/searchenginemarketing/internetmarketing.php?

www.adwords.google.com/

http://advertising.microsoft.com/search-content-advertising

John_Nicholson
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM
It is a go. As far as a website you might want to check either tonight or tomorrow....hint, hint.....

-john

John_Nicholson
10-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Ohh and as far as birthing babies is concerned its no problem at all....I mean after all of the dogs, cows, horses, and children that I have been exposed to its a snap.....

-john

discusjoe27
10-20-2009, 04:05 PM
QUICK! what's the number for 911? :p don't worry, my brother is a MA. medical asst. if the baby is born there I bet he can deliver it and he knows what to do.

JimG817
10-20-2009, 04:28 PM
LMAO:D Ya'll are wayyyyy too hilarious!!!! I think we will be well looked after. (well at least my wife anyways. I look forward to meeting all of you. Here's hoping we won't need your brothers services Joe!

mkv
10-20-2009, 04:37 PM
Jim:

Not to worry. I have been in 5 deliveries so I know what to do:

Yes honey, it is all my fault.
Yes I did this to you.
No honey, you still look as beautiful as the day we married.
No my hand doesn't hurt you can keep squeezing.
Yes I will continue to rub your back even if my arm has fallen out of place.

Hope this helps......:D:D:D:D

Marco

JimG817
10-20-2009, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the lines Marco.

Are you going to the show?

mkv
10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes, I would not miss it for nothing.

yim11
10-21-2009, 04:39 PM
The Official web site for the 2010 NADA Discus show is available here:

http://www.discus2010.com

The information is subject to change, and we will add more details as they become available, but this will allow everyone to register and keep up with all the latest show info!

Thanks,
-jim

yim11
12-13-2009, 02:14 AM
The NADA 2010 Discus show Facebook site (Special Thanks to Matt aka Discus-n00b for maintaining this for us!):

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&gid=183173962878

Our show Twitter feed:

http://twitter.com/NADASHOW

Thanks,
-jim

discusjoe27
12-14-2009, 10:40 AM
what's the latest I can send the money, and who do I send it too?

kjmillerfw
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey Mench,

There's a great frog source here http://www.vivariumconcepts.com/. I'm sure that Cindy could hook you up!

It will be great seeing you and (Jack Daniels?) again. :D I'm out of the discus keeping business at the current time but I'm really looking forward to hanging out with some old friends and meeting new ones.

Kathy

Mench

John_Nicholson
12-16-2009, 09:48 AM
Kathy we are all looking forward to see you too. It has been to long.

-john

Scribbles
01-22-2010, 10:26 PM
Just finished registering for the show/banquet and have my plane and hotel reservations. Boarding and sitters are in place for all the critters except for one dog. As soon as I figure out what to do with him it's down to the waiting. I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Chris

Eddie
01-22-2010, 10:33 PM
Just finished registering for the show/banquet and have my plane and hotel reservations. Boarding and sitters are in place for all the critters except for one dog. As soon as I figure out what to do with him it's down to the waiting. I'm so excited! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Chris

Nice Chris! Still ahead of me, have to get plane tickets and register for the show!

Its gonna be a blast!

Eddie

Discus-Hans
01-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Nice Chris! Still ahead of me, have to get plane tickets and register for the show!

Its gonna be a blast!

Eddie

We still didn't book anything yet, still thinking, driving, flying, Joanne HATES to fly, new excuse is she wants to see Grace Land and stay a night there. So not sure when to leave, drive, fly, when what were.........

Still got some time lol lol

Hans

Eddie
01-22-2010, 10:51 PM
We still didn't book anything yet, still thinking, driving, flying, Joanne HATES to fly, new excuse is she wants to see Grace Land and stay a night there. So not sure when to leave, drive, fly, when what were.........

Still got some time lol lol

Hans

For sure! At least I have my hotel reservation....:o

Discus-n00b
01-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Thats all I have at the moment too Eddie. Slight chance that some training in Latvia might be scheduled for the same time period...so kinda depends on if I can sneak around a take leave for the training weeks and hit the NADA show instead. ;)

Discus-Hans
01-22-2010, 11:41 PM
For sure! At least I have my hotel reservation....:o

Don't need a hotel, I sleep in John's fish house lol

Hans

Scribbles
01-22-2010, 11:47 PM

Its gonna be a blast!

Eddie

The trip was a birthday gift from the family (hmmm..I guess that they are happy to get rid of me). That's why I'm all set.

Chris

Discus-Hans
01-22-2010, 11:56 PM
The trip was a birthday gift from the family (hmmm..I guess that they are happy to get rid of me). That's why I'm all set.

Chris

Wauwwww that's a nice birthday gift, I wouldn't think that bad about them ....although WA - TX :D :D :D

Hans

Scribbles
01-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Wauwwww that's a nice birthday gift, I wouldn't think that bad about them ....although WA - TX :D :D :D

Hans

Yeah, I better make sure that the plane ticket isn't one way. :D

Chris

Dkarc@Aol.com
01-23-2010, 01:18 AM
Still debating. I did just got my student loans in the other day.....Hrmmm, decisions, decisions.

-Ryan

Eddie
01-23-2010, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I better make sure that the plane ticket isn't one way. :D

Chris

Hilarious! Better check it to make sure! Bet they volunteered to pack your bags too! :D Just kidding

Take care,

Eddie

korbi_doc
01-23-2010, 12:51 PM
:juggle: Awwww c'mon Ryan!!! Take the time out to come play "DISCUS IN DALLAS".....It should be fun, we all need a break! Hope to seeya there, lol.....

Dottie :D

Oh & bring MOM too....lol

Still debating. I did just got my student loans in the other day.....Hrmmm, decisions, decisions.

-Ryan

John_Nicholson
01-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Hans, Charlie said that Joanne could stay in the house but that you would have to stay in the fish house......

-john

Discus-Hans
01-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Hans, Charlie said that Joanne could stay in the house but that you would have to stay in the fish house......

-john

Great John, THANKS, at least I don't have to sleep with the dogs or hogs lol

Hans

Discus-n00b
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Is "sleeping with the fishes" any better hans?! ;) hehe

Scribbles
01-27-2010, 03:50 AM
Hilarious! Better check it to make sure! Bet they volunteered to pack your bags too! :D Just kidding

Take care,

Eddie

LOL. Just saw this. Now you have me paranoid and I'm going to check my suitcase to make sure that my psychotic German Shepherd isn't drugged and stuffed inside. :o

Chris

Eddie
04-02-2010, 05:37 AM
Oh yeah, IM THERE!!! I was sweatin it for a minute there but it looks like I'm sealing the deal! I was slotted to go for a class in June but the dates moved to the 21-24th so since I am gonna be in the states anyways, I'm taking leave in conjunction with my class. I'll be there FOR SURE!!!!

See everybody at the SHOW!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Eddie

2075turner
04-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh yeah, IM THERE!!! I was sweatin it for a minute there but it looks like I'm sealing the deal! I was slotted to go for a class in June but the dates moved to the 21-24th so since I am gonna be in the states anyways, I'm taking leave in conjunction with my class. I'll be there FOR SURE!!!!

See everybody at the SHOW!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Eddie

Great Eddie, I look forward to meeting you:)

Evelyn

Eddie
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Great Eddie, I look forward to meeting you:)

Evelyn

Thanks! I am really excited! Can't wait to meet everybody, listen to the speakers and see all the AMAZING fish!!!

Take care Evelyn,

Eddie

Moon
04-03-2010, 09:44 AM
I've booked the room and will be there. Look forward to meeting all SD members there.

2075turner
04-03-2010, 10:50 AM
I've booked the room and will be there. Look forward to meeting all SD members there.

Joe,
we will finally meet???LOL. Apparently we have to travel to the States to do this, LOL Looking forward to it!:)

Eddie
04-05-2010, 08:38 AM
WOOHOO!!! Tickets just booked, I AM THERE 100%!!!

Moon
04-05-2010, 12:22 PM
Joe,
we will finally meet???LOL. Apparently we have to travel to the States to do this, LOL Looking forward to it!:)

So many missed opportunities Evelyn. We are destined to meet in Dallas of all places.
I am looking forward to it very much.

Eddie
04-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Come on, come on! Lets gets some more folks out to this show! Its gonna go down in History! Just you being there is gonna make the show happen, each and every one of you!

I'll see you there!

Eddie

Eddie Wells
05-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Yep I'm going to be there! :D

I'm ready for it to start !

EddieWells