PDA

View Full Version : Alex from Arlington Heights Illinois

hockey2324
08-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Anyone ever order from this guy?

http://www.alexsdiscus.com/

marlon010
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I've visited his site before but never made a purchase. I don't think that he is a member of Simply.

Try Windy City Discus...that's where I get all of mine from. Chris is great to work with and has a nice selection to choose from.

Marlon

mmorris
08-07-2009, 10:30 AM
No, sorry. I checked the link and the only thing I noticed was the note that said `No visitors allowed.' I didn't need to look further.

Eddie
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Nice photo gallery, the solid blues look very nice.

Eddie

traversediscus
08-07-2009, 05:42 PM
He is a menber on here

SheTankerDiscusChick
10-01-2009, 11:44 PM
Who did you decide to go with?

rickztahone
10-02-2009, 01:44 AM
No, sorry. I checked the link and the only thing I noticed was the note that said `No visitors allowed.' I didn't need to look further.

when we visited Bill from IED he has a rule that he has to abide by which is that no one is allowed at the house. it's a condition that he takes very seriously and i can understand why seeing as so many people visit his place. Maybe this person is also along the same lines? it's kind of very straight forward to wave someone off just because their disclaimer says "no visitors allowed". from the looks of it this person has some very good looking stock.

Nice photo gallery, the solid blues look very nice.

Eddie

indeed.

Discus-Hans
10-02-2009, 01:16 PM

when we visited Bill from IED he has a rule that he has to abide by which is that no one is allowed at the house. it's a condition that he takes very seriously and i can understand why seeing as so many people visit his place. Maybe this person is also along the same lines? it's kind of very straight forward to wave someone off just because their disclaimer says "no visitors allowed". from the looks of it this person has some very good looking stock.

I'm with you there Rick, Alex is a very nice guy and works very hard on his Discus, I've NEVER seen somebody working so hard on them and grow them like CRAZY. Beside his hobby, he has a job and a LIVE,

Hans

mmorris
10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
If I'm in a position to go to someone's house to pick out my own fish and I am not welcome, I'll go elsewhere.

traversediscus
10-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Agreed Martha There is a guy who is 20 Mins away from and wont let me come by. What is he hiding? So i use Bill at IED 2500 miles away instead and he said i can come by when i am down that way next month. I think its all about if you want to make a sale and customer service.

kirkp
10-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Nice looking fish. I personally buy fish from places where I can't visit. Oh wait, that's everyone since I live in Iowa. He did have a innovative use for plexo caves.

Kirk

jrodriguez
10-15-2009, 10:40 PM
kirkp that was funny thats

jrodriguez
10-15-2009, 10:42 PM
i wouldn't buy a car without looking at it!

Eddie
10-15-2009, 11:27 PM
i wouldn't buy a car without looking at it!

No, I am sure you can see the fish, just not unexpectedly, like appointments only.

Eddie

brewmaster15
10-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Hi all,
Please keep the banter down on this feedback section. Its really designed for people to share their firsthand experiences with a particular seller.

Thanks,
al