PDA

View Full Version : Forrest's New Arrivals

Eddie
08-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey all, to my surprise, my shipment arrived one day early. Here are some shots of them just added to the tank!

3 X Altum Flora Snake Cross 9 bar
3 X Altum Flora Snake Cross 14 bar
2 X White Butterfly (Super Grade)
2 X Albino Goldens

Now, I have to tell you, the AF X SS 14 Bar are easily some of the most gorgeous fish I have ever seen at this size. The shape and pattern are UNREAL! They are all, more than what I asked for! Forrest does it right, every single time!

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00398.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00401.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00404.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00406.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00408.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00410.jpg
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00411.jpg

Enjoy

William Palumbo
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Eddie...Congrats on the new fish. Very SWEET! I am sure they will be pumped up and growing in no time. I can see you in the near future supplying the LFS's around you with Discus fry!...Good luck with them, and please DON'T take them out of the water for another photo session!!!...Bill

bs6749
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Nice fish Eddie. I'm very particular about my fish but there isn't one in that tank I wouldn't want to own! Must be nice to get hand picked stock from Forrest. I'm sure you will grow them out nicely! Good luck with them.

-Bryan

Eddie
08-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks Bill and Bryan, I have to admit, these are some STUNNERS. They have growtential written all over them! Gorgeous juveniles!

Take care,

Eddie

forrest
08-10-2009, 11:48 AM
hi Eddie,
thank u very much for your update.
these fishes have gone thru a whole suffering week bcos of the storm in taiwan. they supposed to send via taiwan to okinawa, they didnt make it n force to send back to my agent.

now i know they r safe, pls take good care of yourself n ofcos the fishes as well.

btw, im appreciate for your patience n understading for being delay of shipment, thanks a lot.

best rgds,
forrest.

Eddie
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
hi Eddie,
thank u very much for your update.
these fishes have gone thru a whole suffering week bcos of the storm in taiwan. they supposed to send via taiwan to okinawa, they didnt make it n force to send back to my agent.
now i know they r safe, pls take good care of yourself n ofcos the fishes as well.

best rgds,
forrest.

Definitely Forrest! I will surely give them the best possible care they can get!

Good call on the delay! Yup, the fish were supposed to arrive last week but Typhoon Morakot came right in the path between Taiwan and Okinawa. No planes were flying into Okinawa so my fish stayed a week in a private hotel, exporters tank, while the typhoon passed through. Then the original flight was due in tomorrow morning but I checked the cargo info for my shipment and to my surprise it showed arriving tonight. I raced to the airport and raced home. Just arrive back several hours ago and the fish are all safe and sound! These fish are top notch!

Thanks Forrest, I know it was a lot to deal with on your part but everything worked out in the end.

Forever grateful,

Eddie

Cooldadddyfunk286
08-10-2009, 12:09 PM
EDDIE!!! they look soooooo nice bro! Im so happy they made it, and everybody is lookin GREAT!!! Man, I cant wait for more pics! thats gonna be an awesome group to grow out. they all look so perfect ;)

Eddie
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
EDDIE!!! they look soooooo nice bro! Im so happy they made it, and everybody is lookin GREAT!!! Man, I cant wait for more pics! thats gonna be an awesome group to grow out. they all look so perfect ;)

Thanks Jason, Forrest picked me out some real good ones for sure. I cannot wait to see them develop over the coming months!

Take care,

Eddie

Cooldadddyfunk286
08-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I cant wait to see either bro! the red color on the 14 and 9 bar is just unreal! deep red, I love it. and the shapes of all of the fish are top notch, the Golden albinos are super nice too, great group you got there Eddie :D

Eddie
08-10-2009, 12:21 PM
I cant wait to see either bro! the red color on the 14 and 9 bar is just unreal! deep red, I love it. and the shapes of all of the fish are top notch, the Golden albinos are super nice too, great group you got there Eddie :D

Thanks Jason, I will give them a few more days to settle and their color will be alot more present. They are still very faded from the travels but the colors are gonna come in better in a few days.

Appreciate the comments and take care,

Eddie

thebigone
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Eddie,

They look outstanding! Forrest did a great job with getting you those fish! I know under your care they will be monsters! Can't wait to see them after a few months. They look great Eddie. Best of luck with them.

David Rose
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Great looking Discus Eddie. Congrats on your purhcase and good luck!

Enjoy,
David

MRQuad
08-10-2009, 01:43 PM
nice score you got there eddie.. i know you will do good on them..

take care!
marvin

hedut
08-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Congratulation for your new fish, AF X SS 14 bar look very hi-body than mine. That gonna be awesome in your hand. Good luck for those.

jerbear
08-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Wow you got 2 of my favorites.. Golden Albinos and Altum Flora.. Can't wait to see you grow them out..

Darren's Discus
08-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Eddie,
looks like Forrest really hooked you up with some beauties!all the best with them.

cheers

Ed13
08-10-2009, 07:21 PM
http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss289/extremeist/Forrest%20New%20Batch/DSC00408.jpg

Enjoy

So....I hear you have this killer seafood mix?
To whom he replied...:D

Chad Hughes
08-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Eddie,

Congrats on the new additions! They are certainly looking sharp! I just got 15 from Kenny. Still haven't posted pics. I'm going to try and get them up tonight! I'm sure you'll have these guys grown out in no time!

Best wishes!

wadewc
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Great looking discus Eddie.

Wade

Eddie
08-11-2009, 04:36 AM
Thanks everybody! Forrest did a fantastic job picking them.

Eddie

Kenny's Discus
08-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Eddie,

Congrats on your new fish! Forrest pick out some beauties for you I can see.;)

Forrest mentioned to me about the delay of your shipment due to the typhoon...but looking at the condition of the fish in your pics I think both of you did a great job in sending/receiving them!:) When I look at new arrivals pics I personally always pay special attention to their condition in their new home and I think yours look to be in top notch form even after many hours of flight time, with erect fins and bright eye color.

I'm with others here that knowing the way you raise discus and looking at their current potential, these will be some very nice specimen when matured under your care. All the best with them and have fun Eddie!:)

Kenny

Eddie
08-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Eddie,

Congrats on your new fish! Forrest pick out some beauties for you I can see.;)

Forrest mentioned to me about the delay of your shipment due to the typhoon...but looking at the condition of the fish in your pics I think both of you did a great job in sending/receiving them!:) When I look at new arrivals pics I personally always pay special attention to their condition in their new home and I think yours look to be in top notch form even after many hours of flight time, with erect fins and bright eye color.

I'm with others here that knowing the way you raise discus and looking at their current potential, these will be some very nice specimen when matured under your care. All the best with them and have fun Eddie!:)

Kenny

Thanks Kenny! I am just glad to be near Forrest to get the fishes direct.

Take care my friend and talk soon,

Eddie

Jorge
08-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Nice discus Eddie!

Those Altum Flora Snake Cross 14 bar will certainly have a beautiful pattern. I can't wait to see them show their colors as they grow, which considering how you take care of them, they will do in a blinking of an eye;).

Among all your tanks, the golden albinos will stand out for sure!

Eddie
08-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Nice discus Eddie!

Those Altum Flora Snake Cross 14 bar will certainly have a beautiful pattern. I can't wait to see them show their colors as they grow, which considering how you take care of them, they will do in a blinking of an eye;).

Among all your tanks, the golden albinos will stand out for sure!

Thanks Jorge! ;)

Take care,

Eddie

Eddie
08-11-2009, 10:43 AM
To whom he replied...:D

LOL, Dude....Ed, I just got this! At first I was like.....who in the heck is Altum Flora SS and what's this about my mix. LMAO, dude....I am so late on that one. Thats funny as hell.

Take care,

Eddie

April
08-14-2009, 06:48 PM
congrats on the forrest fish eddie!! i have some of those same guys in my tanks from my shipment last week. they are beauties. and so healthy..good choice .
cant wait to see them grow up big and beautiful.

back_to_basics89
08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
hello Eddie,
Lucky you- beautiful fish, especially direct from the master. thanks.:)

Disgirl
08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Just saw your new fish Eddie, they are really stunning. It will be fun to see what you can do with them. How do they like your seafood mix? They had quite the journey to reach you!
Barb :)

wgtaylor
08-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey Eddie,

Ya, great looking fish. I'm with you, those 14 bar are big and bold, very nice. :)
Hey, what is that great looking sorta yellow one on the left in the first picture? It's nice too. :D
Nice tank full of fish.

Bill

seasiderick
08-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Nice group good luck and please share more pics later.Rick