PDA

View Full Version : StartSmart and a Seller I Bought it From

poconogal
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
In another thread, I recommended StartSmart, which is an excellent product. It was also recommended to me by Sunrise Tropicals, which uses it as well. I won't go into the product's performance, since there's already a thread on it.

In that other thread, however, I highly recommended the person/website I originally purchased from. (Note that he is not an SD sponsor). I now have to take back that recommendation for the following reason:

While the products from TLC are excellent, I now WOULD NOT recommend dealing with www.poppopsfish.com for anything at all.

I paid $24 on July 4 for a gallon of an aquarium optimizer which I had sampled in my tank. It is a wonderful product, reduced poo almost like magic instead of seeing it on the tank floor before WCs. It was never received, then I was told it would ship on July 15 via UPS. It did not ship, I never received the product, and John (poppop) has not had the courtesy to respond to my inquiries when I asked for a tracking number, or asked what's happened to my product, or even when I filed a case with PayPal. www.poppopsfish.com has even REMOVED their contact phone number from their website, which indicates to me that he's done this to a number of people. Of course, he has NOT returned my $24. PayPal, which is how I paid poppopsfish, has gotten me a whopping $0.38 back of the $24 I paid.

Harriett
08-11-2009, 12:48 PM
This is a big bummer and I am sorry you got stuck in it. Thanks for letting folks know how to avoid the same treatment...so much for customer service.
Best regards,
H