PDA

View Full Version : Discus group around San Marcos?

KeithBNimble
08-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi

New to the forum. I don't have discus yet but I plan to in the next several months. Currently have a 165 gallon set up that I am slowly adjusting the parameters for discus and will be adding a CO2 system with Metal Halide lights for plants.

Looking for local experienced discus keepers that would be willing to take me under their wing.

When the time comes I will more than likely drive up to Houston to pick up fish from Dan.

I am located in San Marcos, TX. Smack between Austin and San Antonio.

Keith

rickztahone
08-11-2009, 08:06 PM
Dan is selling his place. if you are going to get something from him i suggest you do it now. you can grow out juveniles in a smaller tank. juvies dont do that great in super large tanks. if you are going to get adults you would be fine

KeithBNimble
08-12-2009, 09:19 AM
WOW, that is a bummer. I am nowhere near ready to take on the challenge of keeping discus. I know that I can move up my plans and be ready in about 1.5months.

I'll have to make a road trip and check out his shop. Maybe i'll go this Saturday.

Keith

John_Nicholson
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
There are several of us up here in the DFW area, but not that many down your way that I am aware of. If there is anything that any of us up here can do for you just ask.

-john

GuitarCrazyo
11-07-2009, 12:31 PM
gimmie a where and when and Ill say if I can make it.
heh the lusty ladys right next to sam. life drawing anyone?
:p