PDA

View Full Version : August 11th. Update

calihawker
08-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Hello again! Well it looks like all the contestants are growing some super awesome fish. Mine are still growing like weeds. The smaller ones seem to be catching up quickly. I haven't changed anything in my routine. Small feedings almost every hour and 75% w/c twice a day. My fishless cycle experiment on my canister filter seems to have failed. I've been getting heavy nitrite readings for 3 weeks now. I'm about to give up and start from scratch after reading Barbs(disgirl) results on Al's fishless cycle. Oh well, not that big a deal with the big water changes.
Not much else to report. Just want to congratulate all the contestants for doing such a great job and making this contest very exciting and fun to watch. And thanks again to Al for making it all happen and Kenny for the wonderful fish!!:D

Keep on rockin dudes!

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/calihawker/SD_Challenge/DSC01490.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/calihawker/SD_Challenge/DSC01480.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/calihawker/SD_Challenge/DSC01483.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/calihawker/SD_Challenge/DSC01484.jpg

http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/rr356/calihawker/SD_Challenge/DSC01491.jpg

Eddie
08-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Excellent shots Steve, the color/shape is phenomenal! They look beautiful!

Keep it up buddy!

Eddie

DiscusKev
08-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Excellent shots Steve, the color/shape is phenomenal! They look beautiful!

Keep it up buddy!

Eddie

Ditto :)

calihawker
08-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Thanks guys!!

BOBT00LS
08-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Steve they look great! Your doing a very good job with them and Kenny/Forrest seem to have have supplied some great stock for this challenge.

Bob

Armandi_Fishcarer
08-13-2009, 03:28 AM
Steve, bro these fish are striving continuously in the right direction, "Fabulaous". Keep up the fab job, i lov'em! :bandana:

Regards
Ahmed ;)

wgtaylor
08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Hey Steve those guys look awesome.
Looks like Nacho has been hanging out under a sun lamp. :D
Beautiful colors, awesome pictures, great job. :):):)

Take care,
Bill

Mr Wild
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Naa can't see it myself! They need to come to sunny Australia and have a break from all that cold stuff there. LOLOLOLOL

calihawker
08-13-2009, 07:53 PM
Steve they look great! Your doing a very good job with them and Kenny/Forrest seem to have have supplied some great stock for this challenge.

Bob
Thanks Bob. It really does make a difference having fish from quality stock.

Steve, bro these fish are striving continuously in the right direction, "Fabulaous". Keep up the fab job, i lov'em!

Regards
Ahmed

Thanks Ahmed!:)

Hey Steve those guys look awesome.
Looks like Nacho has been hanging out under a sun lamp.
Beautiful colors, awesome pictures, great job.

Take care,
Bill

All the fish in the contest have some amazing colors. Yours are some of the best there Bill.;)

Naa can't see it myself! They need to come to sunny Australia and have a break from all that cold stuff there. LOLOLOLOL

Come on Kath! Don't you know the song. "It Never Rains in California"? It's all true!:D LOL

Disgirl
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Such beautiful fish Steve! Fantastic color and size. Good luck with the fishless cycling idea, mine has worked well. Let me know if you need any pointers on it. Did you use just straight ammonia before?
Barb :)

Mr Wild
08-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Come on Kath! Don't you know the song. "It Never Rains in California"? It's all true! LOL

ROFLMAO You got me there !!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA

MRQuad
08-15-2009, 11:41 AM
wow steve, those are gorgeous.. they are all fat and healthy!

Autumn Wind
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Thanks Steve for inviting me into your home to see these guys. They look amazing! Even more so in person, you are doing a great job raising them!

Not to mention the 'other' tank, WOW, pictures do not do justice for a 300 gallon planted tank, just amazing. Just the motivation I need to get my tank going again :D

Harriett
08-17-2009, 01:30 PM
just stunning!
Harriett

calihawker
08-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks Steve for inviting me into your home to see these guys. They look amazing! Even more so in person, you are doing a great job raising them!

Not to mention the 'other' tank, WOW, pictures do not do justice for a 300 gallon planted tank, just amazing. Just the motivation I need to get my tank going again :D

It was a pleasure having you guys over.:D We'll have to get together when things aren't so crazy and you get settled in.

Thanks Harriet, Marvin, Barb, Everyone! It really is good times raising these guys!

Eddie
08-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Man Steve....I can't stop laughing the more I think about your biggest fishes name, NACHO! That is flipping hilarious.....NACHO. Man you better make it out to the NADA show next year! Good times!

Take care,

Eddie

calihawker
08-17-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL! He was named by my son Eddie!

Eddie
08-17-2009, 10:58 PM
LOL! He was named by my son Eddie!

Great name! Both Nacho and Eddie! LOL :D

Take care,

Eddie

Chad Hughes